Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Need help with leasing ASAP. Buying tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with leasing ASAP. Buying tomorrow.

Is the interest rate variable depending on one's credit, or is it pre-set for everyone as long as one qualifies to lease? I'm buying a base '05 G35 6mt.

Can someone tell me how much my monthly payment will be?

- I've negotiated the price down to $31693.
- Not sure about the credit score, but have worked at Microsoft for 10 years and never missed a payment
- taxes in WA is 8.8%
- down-payment will be $4000
- 36 or 42 months lease.
- 12,000 miles/year

Thanks!!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, leasing is different than financing payments.. why can't they tell you what your monthly payment is?

Can't you get Big Bill to make it a company car?

Old 11-30-2005, 08:56 AM
If they have a special rate, thats only available to qualified buyers.. If your credit score is good you shoudn't have any problems. Now how much will you be paying per month?? What is the rate they are giving you, since they you must have an idea, with 4,000 down.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
I haven't talked leasing numbers with the dealer yet. But I was playing with the payment calculator on Infiniti's website, and my monthly payment would be about $350~360 I think (dont quite remember the exact number).

That's why I started wondering how accurate that money payment the website showed is and started thinking there should be some variables involved, right?

Old 11-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Dont waste your hard earned money through Microsoft. Finance your car, leasing is the wrong way to go. 12000 miles a year,lol,thats insane I do that in 6 months.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off - there's nothing wrong with leasing - it has it's place. If your not planning on keeping the car more than 3 years and you don't drive that many miles, you'll save money every month. Also, when you lease, you shouldn't put much more money down that the drive off...like maybe $2000 or less.

Rates will be different depending on how much of a risk you pose the lending company - hence why your credit rating is important. Usually anything above a 725 gets the premium rates - anything above a 740 or so, gets you a preferred lender, that has even better rates.

Again...if you are not planning on keeping the car and don't drive that many miles - lease it. If you are planning on modding it and playing with it - well...why would you do that on a car you don't own, only rent?

Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 AM
^^^ why would you buy a G coupe and not plan on driving more than 12000 miles a year. Thats nothing, I bet anything he will fall in love with it and drive the thing in circles before going home. Again why would you want to rent your car from a dealership and throw your $400 or $500 monthly payment down the toilet, I still dont understand. But everyone is different. The investing excuse doesnt work.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:12 AM
You seem to have a OK down payment, so I would finance it assuming you can get a car loan around 5%. While cars do depreciate when you sell it you will have some equity in the car and you can use it as a downpayment on the next car. Keep in mind choose a 36 month lease it will be expensive becauce the dealer will make you pay for the off the lot depreciation hit.

Also your 12k miles a year is extremely low. If you don't have another car to drive and you expeience a "life change" in the next 3-5 years the miliage penalties can be severe. Don't forget to calculate the cost of any dings or paint chips they will hit you for when you turn it in.

Leases are very complex and very hard to negotiate a good deal on, but you can compare them along side financing them. You can get at the dealer's profit this way. You just have to keep in mind the equity you gain when you finance it.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by benbo5
^^^ why would you buy a G coupe and not plan on driving more than 12000 miles a year. Thats nothing, I bet anything he will fall in love with it and drive the thing in circles before going home. Again why would you want to rent your car from a dealership and throw your $400 or $500 monthly payment down the toilet, I still dont understand. But everyone is different. The investing excuse doesnt work.

Well, up until a few hours ago I was ready to trade in my BMW Z4 3.0 for the G35 because of all the rattle noises and some other problems. But, after all, I decided to keep it. I would've taken a huge hit if I were to trade it in. The MSRP a year ago was $47k when I bought it brand new (I did get a $5k discount though). Infiniti dealer is giving me $29k now. That's almost 50%$ depreciation in about a year and 2 months. I'm determined to fix the rattle noises myself. All said and done it's STILL a BMW and it's still fun to drive it with the top down. To be honest, it was hard when I made the decision to let the Z4 go. I absolutely loved that car and felt very passionate about it.

But then it's too late, because I've already fallen in love with the G35 coupe too. I WANT this car. So I figured, why not lease it for 3 years and use it as a commuter for 2 or 3 days a week and take it for long trips on the weekend. I know I'll love the rear seats and bigger trunk. It'll have a much more comfortalbe, forgiving ride quality than my Z4 (I've got $2~3K aftermarket suspension and the ride has become extremely stiff/rough). Also I might start a family soon so it's nice to have a more mature, a practical car with usable rear-seats.

I like the idea of having a Z4 and a G35 at the same time; take the convertible when the weather is nice. Take the G35 (WITHOUT SUN-ROOF) the other times and still be able to enjoy driving.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:15 AM
And I probably change cars TOO often. In the past 2 years, I've changed 3 brand new cars and took A LOT OF 1ST YEAR DEPRECIATION HIT.

Most people lease cars so they can drive new cars every 2 or 3 years. I lease car so I won't be able to change cars every 8 or 9 months when a new model comes out and the bug hits me :-) That will save me a lot of money. I'll save even more money because I know it's a lease car so I won't heavily modify it.

Last edited by coolsk8er; 11-30-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by benbo5
Your hardly throwing down the toilet. Your equity in the car is much higher when you drive it less. Dealers make a lot of money from leases for a good reason.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
You seem to have a OK down payment, so I would finance it assuming you can get a car loan around 5%. While cars do depreciate when you sell it you will have some equity in the car and you can use it as a downpayment on the next car. Keep in mind choose a 36 month lease it will be expensive becauce the dealer will make you pay for the off the lot depreciation hit.

What leasing length would you recommend? I've never leased a car in my life before so I'm clueless.

Thanks!

Old 11-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Also, does anyone know the residual for these leasing lenghts?

24 months
36 months
39 months
42 months
48 months

Old 11-30-2005, 11:09 AM
dont put any money down, zero, zip nada. Sign and drive. Reduces headaches.
Not only for the worst case scenario, as in car get totaled, yer out yer deposit money, but also in case you want to get out of yer car early. With the 07s coming, you might want to get into the new car earlier than yer lease term. Infiniti will prob allow that and let you get out of yer old lease and into a new one before lease expires. Again in that scenario yer down payment money is in the crapper.
Head to edmunds.com to their lease/buy experience forums and you will find the same advice on leases.
Leasing is great if yer switching cars often, but never ever never ever put money down.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Florida G35 Club Member
Originally Posted by coolsk8er
Also, does anyone know the residual for these leasing lenghts?

24 months
36 months
39 months
42 months
48 months
It depends... I haven't checked out Infinitis residuals lately, but off the top of my head 24 months is around 60%, 36 months is around 50% (usually a little more on higher end cars) 48 months is around 40%. Mine is on a 4 year lease and my residual is just under 50%. Hope this helps.
Lips

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help with leasing ASAP. Buying tomorrow.