Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Looking to buy a 05 G35 have a question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a 05 G35 have a question....

Hey guys whats going on. Im a fromer IS300 owner looking to get a G35 now. I actually wanted the car when it first came out but at that time could not get it, well now I have a second chance and intend to get it.

Anyways I test drove a 05 6MT with 5400 miles on it and i liked it. It had the sports pacakge on it because of the 19, leather steering wheel, sport pedals etc..... A couple things though. On the dash the tire pressure light was on, no biggie i guess you have to reset it, the other thing i saw was the word "rev" in the center lit. Its between the tach and the speedometer. I was wondering what that was or what it meant? I had no time to look at the manul and sales guy did not know either. The car is a at a Toyota dealership thats why he did not know.

Anyways any help would be great.

Thanks.

Najib

Old 12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
tire pressure light on is not uncommon, could just be one or more of the tires is below 28psi, just make sure none of them are punctured. the rev is a shift light that you preset, and lights up when you reach your preset rpm.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by patman530
tire pressure light on is not uncommon, could just be one or more of the tires is below 28psi, just make sure none of them are punctured. the rev is a shift light that you preset, and lights up when you reach your preset rpm.

Thanks for the answer. Im goign to check it tommorow and hopefully pick it up. Thanks again.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Just make sure you get a good deal on a used 05, I just bought a new 05 for invoice. It actually ended up cheaper than some of the used ones around town.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 PM
dont get it.. I would settle for the new is350 if thats in your price range. This car is a complete disappointment and you will be innundated with rattles through out the car. Plus the clutch sucks, it engages to abruptly.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 PM
wow a little harsh?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by B GrAzi
wow a little harsh?
Considering the source, this is par. Hyun83, if you check some of his/her's previous post, rarely has anything positive to say about anything.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Hyun83, not a big fan of the G35, huh?

I bought an 05 about 6 months ago and am in love with the car. It continues to impress me. Example: today coming back from AC, NJ a brand new STI with exhaust pulled up to me at 70 mph and started to rev the engine. This girlfriend was in the car and was laughing. I had 2 of my buddies in the car so I had definitely had the weight disadvantage. We pulled to 110 and I pulled on him by about a car length. I am sure that his girlfriend told him to sell his POS and get a G35 after that embarrassment.

The car does have the occasional rattle but if you take it back to the dealership they will pinpoint it and should be able to eliminated it.

This girl that I work with just bought the IS350 and it is nice but it is actually more cramped in the back seat that the G. Honestly, I am not too impressed with the IS350, it is a chick car (no offense ladies).

I would be cautious about buying a car from an idiot that does not know the funtions on the car that he is selling.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by perfectmax

I bought an 05 about 6 months ago and am in love with the car. It continues to impress me. Example: today coming back from AC, NJ a brand new STI with exhaust pulled up to me at 70 mph and started to rev the engine. This girlfriend was in the car and was laughing. I had 2 of my buddies in the car so I had definitely had the weight disadvantage. We pulled to 110 and I pulled on him by about a car length. I am sure that his girlfriend told him to sell his POS and get a G35 after that embarrassment.

The car does have the occasional rattle but if you take it back to the dealership they will pinpoint it and should be able to eliminated it.

This girl that I work with just bought the IS350 and it is nice but it is actually more cramped in the back seat that the G. Honestly, I am not too impressed with the IS350, it is a chick car (no offense ladies).

I would be cautious about buying a car from an idiot that does not know the funtions on the car that he is selling.
I initially wanted the is350 but it is way to expensive plus there is no 6 speed availble (stupid Lexus). After driving a 01 e-shift IS300 for nearly 2 years I really want a stick shfit car. For the price G35 is the best one out there. Only bad thing is the snow but I have another car for that....

Thanks for all the advice...

Nice race btw

Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
I mean I like the lines on the car, rims, umm creature comforts? but thats about it. yeah I was a bit disappointed with the car, actually a lot. I just thought this car was gonna have more of a punch, I should have paid a little more and gotten a used M3. But anyways, I dont really believe that you pulled on an sti. You are telling me a car that runs the 1/4 in 13.2 compared to our at best 14.2 lost? I've raced several sti's from a dig and lost. My modded s2k that was F/I even lost. Now you can say that I might be a bad driver but i've been auto crossing for awhile so yeah..

To the guy that wants to buy the G, I would say get the TL. I think the TL is a pretty nice car, plus its fwd so you can drive it around in the snow.

Oh yeah, it snowed here today and I drove around.. The G handled fine and I have stock tires. But then again, I didnt drive like an jerk.

Originally Posted by perfectmax

Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by trm3
Hey guys whats going on. Im a fromer IS300 owner looking to get a G35 now. I actually wanted the car when it first came out but at that time could not get it, well now I have a second chance and intend to get it.

Anyways I test drove a 05 6MT with 5400 miles on it and i liked it. It had the sports pacakge on it because of the 19, leather steering wheel, sport pedals etc..... A couple things though. On the dash the tire pressure light was on, no biggie i guess you have to reset it, the other thing i saw was the word "rev" in the center lit. Its between the tach and the speedometer. I was wondering what that was or what it meant? I had no time to look at the manul and sales guy did not know either. The car is a at a Toyota dealership thats why he did not know.

Anyways any help would be great.

Thanks.

Najib
Easy stuff to rectify. Welcome to 'Driver, TRM3, and congrats on the G you have your eye on.
C.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
you'll be under warranty from infiniti for 4yr/60k miles so if you get the preowned for a good deal i would take it. i would say under $30000 for the car would be a good price. i have a few '05 brand new coupes for sale just under $32000