Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Is this a good deal?? ($1,000 over Invoice)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
G RIDIN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal?? ($1,000 over Invoice)

Hey

Well I called all the dealers around me and noun had what i wanted (Diamond Graphite with Graphite interior and navgation, permium packer, and rear activer steering, and Aero Package). Then I talked to dealer ship near me (BOB MOORE INFINITI) and he told me he can get me what I want, but it dosent have the Aero package and that they can install themselves. He said that he can not do less than $1000 over invoice because he has to ship the car from coloardo to oklahoma. What you guys think?? (I tried to make him go lower but he wouldent do it). If you guys can give me some tips on how to bring him down another $500 that would be great .

Thanks

Mahdi

Old 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM
how far did you have to call, call other nearby state and they might have it in stock then you'll have better chance of getting a good price. i had to travel 70 miles just to get what i want. and only pay 3 hundred over invoice.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:27 PM
G RIDIN
Originally Posted by AthenG
how far did you have to call, call other nearby state and they might have it in stock then you'll have better chance of getting a good price. i had to travel 70 miles just to get what i want. and only pay 3 hundred over invoice.

I called 5 dealershipes:

Bob Moore Infiniti Edmund, OK (where i am getting it from, 15miles away)

Jackie Cooper Infiniti Tulsa, OK 100+miles Did not have what I wanted

Crest Infiniti TX 190+ miles away and Did not have what I wanted

Sewell Infiniti TX 190+ miles away and Did not have what I wanted

Grubbs Infiniti TX 190+ miles away and Did not have what I wanted

Thanks

Mahdi

Old 12-19-2005, 08:57 PM
It may well be...

... as good a deal as you can get right now... I'm trying to find an '06 (DG/G) 6MT with aero & splashguards ('don't really want any other options) and I'm fairly well convinced at this point that it doesn't currently exist in the US. Most dealers would not speculatively order one such - more options (premium/sunroof/etc..) are far more likely as they enhance the profit margin considerably. I can understand that.

So, ordering one - built to those specs - and waiting the usual 90 days may be the course of last resort... and I'm finding that $1K (US) over invoice is the best offer (actually, several at that price) I've seen... so far. The fact that several dealers seem to be holding a "hard line" at that figure piques my curiosity and engenders a certain speculation as to potential collusion... but it may just be the current market. Who knows..?

Old 12-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Very easy solution:

I called all the dealers within 600-650 miles radius..
And told them that they can get my business if they pay for my transportation..
And believe me, they all said OK.. for 36k out of the door(black/black premium package only 06')
Then called the dealers in Atlanta(120miles) and Greenville,SC(40miles)
and told them that I'm willing to travel all the way to DC or Baltimore (About 500 miles) to get what I want. and that they were paying for all my expenses..
Told them that I will come and buy it from their place if they will sell me a black/black with premium and navigation for $36900 out of the door (I told them that I'll pay half what the navigation is worth, and that I didn't care about navigation)
1 hr later they called me and told me to come and get the car. Mid November too..
MSRP is $38950+tax($300)+fees($450)=$39700
I got it for $36150+300+450=$36900
Invoice=$35600

So, I think paying $1000 over invoice will make baby Jesus cry in this holiday season

Old 12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Something else to think about: if you get the aero package as a dealer-installed option, you will have two rear third brakelights in the back (one in the spoiler and one in the rear window), and they'll just unplug the one in the rear window. I thought this was tacky, so I insisted on a car that had factory aero.

Trending Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 03:59 PM
G RIDIN
Originally Posted by MechEE
Something else to think about: if you get the aero package as a dealer-installed option, you will have two rear third brakelights in the back (one in the spoiler and one in the rear window), and they'll just unplug the one in the rear window. I thought this was tacky, so I insisted on a car that had factory aero.

Oh thanks for the great advice!!!!! Their is a G35 coming to texas that has everything i want (fully loaded) and it will be here in two weeks. I will wait for that.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Chelique...

Was that for a 6MT coupe or a 5AT coupe..? And do we understand correctly that your (final selection) dealer had what you wanted in stock..?

I still can't seem to find what I want (6MT, DG/G, w/aero & splashguards - only) anywhere in stock. So do y'all think $500 over invoice on an ordered car is possible..?

Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I've done $500 over invoice on some cars

Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 PM
G RIDIN
Originally Posted by da mayor
I've done $500 over invoice on some cars

do u have a DG/G with navgation, permium package, rear active, aero (and if it has the other opitions it would be a +)

or even a Black or red with those opitions.

Thanks

Mahdi

Old 12-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i'll be honest with you. I ran a locate on the DG vehicles and a lot of them with navigation, RAS, premium, aero must be ordered from the factory. I've had a problem getting one of my customers that vehicle but it is coming in the second week of January. There are some types of packages and colors that are popular so you have to realize that it might have to be ordered straight from the factory or the port.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
G RIDIN
Originally Posted by da mayor
i'll be honest with you. I ran a locate on the DG vehicles and a lot of them with navigation, RAS, premium, aero must be ordered from the factory. I've had a problem getting one of my customers that vehicle but it is coming in the second week of January. There are some types of packages and colors that are popular so you have to realize that it might have to be ordered straight from the factory or the port.

Oh I C, the dealer ship in dallas is going to get one 1st week of Jan. So I guess I will have to wait 2 weeks. I can't get myself to get anyother colors. Do you have any other colors with those opitions?

thanks

Mahdi

Old 12-21-2005, 02:24 PM
If the cost to truck it is included in that $1000 then it's a great price. If they're going to charge you extra for that, or drive the car themselves, then it's not stellar.