Canada Serving Canada.

Old Recall Letter - Audio Finisher Circuit Board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone know what year/VIN range are affected?

Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klubjunkee
Argh, I just ended up with the same prob. No response/illumination from the buttons on the HVAC/Stereo controls. Called 401 Infiniti about it and they told me that the car already had the circuit board replaced under recall awhile back. I bought the car used so I was unaware. At least they acknowledged the problem. Are they obligated to fix it again second time around?
I would think that if the part was replaced under warranty and then the board failed again, I believe it should be covered. If the dealership doesn't help you, call Infiniti Customer Service and ask them.

Good Luck.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Phone 401 Infiniti back and ask them if they would still honour the issue since it has already been replaced once.

I agree with PDT, it should still be replaced no matter what.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
resurrecting this post as I am having this exact problem now, everyone locks up and no lghts, auto ac is on...... does anyone know if this is specific to 2003?

what did GTA people do to fix this?

I might just buy a brand new 2004 unit and hope it doesn't crap out, any audio shop suggestions to install? too lazy to do a DIY

Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by netcbc
resurrecting this post as I am having this exact problem now, everyone locks up and no lghts, auto ac is on...... does anyone know if this is specific to 2003?

what did GTA people do to fix this?

I might just buy a brand new 2004 unit and hope it doesn't crap out, any audio shop suggestions to install? too lazy to do a DIY
Hey,

I think you PM'd me but I didn't get a chance to respond yet. Anyways, I don't have a solution. The dealer covered it under warranty. They replaced the circuit board and gave me a refurb head unit. You could try disconnecting the battery. That worked momentarily for me. Worked long enough to adjust the AC to something more comfortable but it crapped out as soon as I started driving. Good luck!

- Rich

Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey klub it was me, thanks.......

it's been warm so I've turned off the climate control system and so far no auto-ac......

so i guess if you buy a whole new unit that should do the trick I guess...... I'll be looking for a 2004 one........

something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...shQ5fReceivers

Last edited by netcbc; 03-27-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey klub it was me, thanks.......

it's been warm so I've turned off the climate control system and so far no auto-ac......

so i guess if you buy a whole new unit that should do the trick I guess...... I'll be looking for a 2004 one........

something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...shQ5fReceivers
hey net... i would look into buying a double din kit and then installing an aftermarket system, especially if u plan on keeping your car a while longer. the dd-kit comes with its own a/c controller. the stock stereo's in these cars are horrible for long term reliability. i also wouldn't trust some used unit off of ebay. just something to think about for u.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
DD! Okay, it happened to me too!

... and I hate things reoccuring, so the pactical thing to do is DD! with my cl I had the pioneer Avicf700bt, loved that unit, so I will be purchasing that one again. my few quick questions in which i hope someone could address ( i would search but its coming to crunch time at school, so i avoid searching old threads) steering wheel controls ( what do i have to buy for that ) is it plug and play (or should an experienced installer do it) sat radio (am i going to have to purchase the whole sirius kit, or will it be able to plug into the existing set up?) and link me up to the best double din kit (hopefully one with the dual climate control, or is that something that needs tending to also)...

any help, thanks in advance... posted here in the CANADA section, because i am sure someone can reccomend someone if its too technical for me to take on my self ( im very inexperienced ) (and I love BRACKETS)!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I do want to keep this car as long as possible but I don't want to upgrade cause a decent nav unit is close to grand plus a dd unit isn't cheap either..... sigh darn infiniti.....

i'm trying to find out if this is specific to 2003, I've only seen people comment about their 2003 going bad. So I'm hoping a 2004 will be fine.

Originally Posted by giddyup69
hey net... i would look into buying a double din kit and then installing an aftermarket system, especially if u plan on keeping your car a while longer. the dd-kit comes with its own a/c controller. the stock stereo's in these cars are horrible for long term reliability. i also wouldn't trust some used unit off of ebay. just something to think about for u.

Last edited by netcbc; 03-27-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I do want to keep this car as long as possible but I don't want to upgrade cause a decent nav unit is close to grand plus a dd unit isn't cheap either..... sigh darn infiniti.....

i'm trying to find out if this is specific to 2003, I've only seen people comment about their 2003 going bad. So I'm hoping a 2004 will be fine.
i used to have the '05 model and i had the audio unit replaced twice. 1st time was to try and fix the bass/treble bug (which didn't work)... 2nd time my cd changer jammed on me. took forever to get my cd's back from infiniti

Old 05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know who will do the conversion kit for the audio finisher cicuit board in the GTA.