Canada Serving Canada.

CANADIANS: The Great *CANADIAN* Insurance Thread - how much is your CANADIAN policy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1200-1300 for the G, 28, new jersey through AAA mid-atlantic

Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I wonder if Z springs would qualify as OE

Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I wonder if Z springs would qualify as OE
If not maybe Z's are uninsurable because their drivers may lose control after hitting a bump.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Thanks for the tip, DT, but it's their own company policy to not go lower than $2k deductible for collision on that value of car.
That's what I meant when I said "compulsory".......it's one of their own rules.
I didn't quibble since their rates are so much better than others.
That particular company only accepts current and ex emergency personel.

C.
Colin, are you such? EMS? Just curious.

If I'm reading it correctly, looks like about 1340 yr for the G before some multi-discounts, about $2000/yr for both my G and my wife's 99 Expedition, with Alberta Motor Assocation. I think we're getting a little hosed, since I'm 45 with a clean driving record. Looking to get some quotes soon.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Is that really "inexpensive" for insurance with "6 star drivers only" whatever that means? I pay just over 1/3 of what you do.

I think you mean the '08 model. Shouldn't be long before they're a dime a dozen too.
It isn't that Pilot only takes the "best" drivers only, the brokers will just put you there first. That is just a line a broker is telling you to make you feel good. A broker doesn't necessarily shop you for the best rate, they will put you with Pilot, Economical, ING or Dominion right off the bat and if you really complain about your rate they put you with a lesser known company.
If you think a broker constantly shops you the best rate, how many insured with a broker have them call you every year to give you a better rate.
I have nothing against brokers because one of my good friends owns a brokerage. You should just know the facts. There are a lot of great brokers out there just like there is a lot of crappy ones too. If you get a good one, stay with them.
Customer service is the key because you have to trust the person to be there to take care of you when you need it.
A slick sales pithc isn't going to do you any good when you are on a family vacation and someones steals your car and you don't know what to do.
This is when the good ones shine through.
Just my .02 again! lol
I quoted the wrong thing, I tried to respond to G35coupe Toronto's comment.
Still working on that "quote" thing

Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Can you get insurance from a out of province insurance company???? Quebec is pretty cheap thats why

Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
It isn't that Pilot only takes the "best" drivers only, the brokers will just put you there first. That is just a line a broker is telling you to make you feel good. A broker doesn't necessarily shop you for the best rate, they will put you with Pilot, Economical, ING or Dominion right off the bat and if you really complain about your rate they put you with a lesser known company.
If you think a broker constantly shops you the best rate, how many insured with a broker have them call you every year to give you a better rate.
I have nothing against brokers because one of my good friends owns a brokerage. You should just know the facts. There are a lot of great brokers out there just like there is a lot of crappy ones too. If you get a good one, stay with them.
Customer service is the key because you have to trust the person to be there to take care of you when you need it.
A slick sales pithc isn't going to do you any good when you are on a family vacation and someones steals your car and you don't know what to do.
This is when the good ones shine through.
Just my .02 again! lol
I quoted the wrong thing, I tried to respond to G35coupe Toronto's comment.
Still working on that "quote" thing
Good stuff Matt. I've been through several brokers before. Some good, some bad- my experience is it's the agent you work with. Over the years I have had 3-4 calls from them to switch companies for better rates. Other times I've shopped them myself which is how I ended up at RBC.

No worries about the quote thing. Hopefully G35Coupe will be back so he can read your comments and see feedback on other peoples rates.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
2200$/year, still only 24, rates should drop at renewal, i'll be twenty five, but will have two tickets on the record instead of none ): (i don't drive any different, just not as lucky, and cops seemed to like the vic).

i use my "official" address out in the boonies, rural vs urban makes quite a difference. the discounts are nice though, i got one for living with my folks (another reason to use that address), for my then clean record, even for being a engineering technician... was a big jump for me, last car was 32$/month, now 188$/month.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm 16 and pay only $193 per month covered under American Family

Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Colin, are you such? EMS? Just curious.

If I'm reading it correctly, looks like about 1340 yr for the G before some multi-discounts, about $2000/yr for both my G and my wife's 99 Expedition, with Alberta Motor Assocation. I think we're getting a little hosed, since I'm 45 with a clean driving record. Looking to get some quotes soon.
You may be able to do a little better. We're $797 for the G, $697 for my wife's Sunfire with clean records. Total $1494. Includes a discount though due to our home being insured there too -RBC.

Colin is an ex fireman.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
You may be able to do a little better. We're $797 for the G, $697 for my wife's Sunfire with clean records. Total $1494. Includes a discount though due to our home being insured there too -RBC.

Colin is an ex fireman.
Pretty sure I can, despite having my home and RV insured with AMA, they are small and can't offer the best rates. I actually got a reduction last year by chatting directly with a manager of sorts. Re: Colin, thanks for the info, Deane. I was curious because my current company deals with EMS and Fire depts.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had pilot insurance. they're nothing special.. i now have a better rate through pc financial. not to mention pilot is horrible at claims. i should know.. i had to deal with them when my cars got stolen.... then again, which insurance company isn't a pleasure to deal with when something goes wrong?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by striker3
Looking at all these posts I'm the only one with the Gieco. $2,188.40 per year. 05 G and wifes 03 4 Runner V8 AWD. I'm 36 and I think I should pay less. Maybe do some ins. shopping today. I do have to say the Giecos customer service is awsome. After 1st 05 G was hit I had a rental in less than an hour.
this is the canadian forum.. we don't have access to american insurance company's. but having said that... your rate seems very high. you guys have far more competition down there than us.... but i'm 30 and i have a cheaper insurance rate for my car then u, i would seriously shop around and get something better.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Pretty sure I can, despite having my home and RV insured with AMA, they are small and can't offer the best rates. I actually got a reduction last year by chatting directly with a manager of sorts. Re: Colin, thanks for the info, Deane. I was curious because my current company deals with EMS and Fire depts.
You're welcome Wayne. G/L with your search.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by **Canadian_G**
Can you get insurance from a out of province insurance company???? Quebec is pretty cheap thats why
Quebec is cheaper because you pay another amount with your licensing.
You can't buy insurance from another province because they have different insurance rules. Also, your rates are calculated in the area that you live, if you live in Kingston, your rates are about 30% less than the GTA.
It all depends on where you live

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CANADIANS: The Great *CANADIAN* Insurance Thread - how much is your CANADIAN policy?