Canada Serving Canada.

Low Tire Pressure Light on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007 | 10:28 AM
|
Low Tire Pressure Light on!

Hey Peeps!

My Low Tire Pressure Light has been on since i purchased the car. i took my car to the dealership and they told me that because the tires and rims are after market wheels, they don't have the sensors, and thats why the light is on...can i get this light turned off somehow?

Please help!....thanks!

also, my car was brought over from the east coast, do i need to be more cautious for rust because of this??...thanks!!!

Old 01-16-2007 | 11:35 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
The only solution is to install sensors in the wheels.
However, not all aftermarket wheels accept OEM sensors.

Also, FWIW... 3rd party compatible sensors are due out in a month or two.

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:02 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
I've also heard that the light will eventually go out (after about 50 km)...???.
You mught want to confirm that with the dealer and with other members, but I'm sure I've heard them mention that.

C.

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:04 PM
is it possible to use an aftermarket sensor (if there is one) to an aftermarket rim?

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:39 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by mx22o
is it possible to use an aftermarket sensor (if there is one) to an aftermarket rim?
Yes, some but not *all*

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:40 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Msedanman
I've also heard that the light will eventually go out (after about 50 km)...???.
You mught want to confirm that with the dealer and with other members, but I'm sure I've heard them mention that.

C.
The light is usually *out* to begin... then comes *on* after about 45 min or 50 km. (not sure if its time or distance)

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
The light is usually *out* to begin... then comes *on* after about 45 min or 50 km. (not sure if its time or distance)
TNX for clarifying that for me. I was assuming that the light would eventually go out........
Since it doesn't, then that could be a little annoying...

C.

Old 01-16-2007 | 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
TNX for clarifying that for me. I was assuming that the light would eventually go out........
Since it doesn't, then that could be a little annoying...

C.
hmmm I have been using aftermarket wheels for the past 2 winters. The only time my light comes on is when I drive for 1+ hours, after I turn my car off the light doesnt come back on. However for day to day city driving my light never comes on with my winters.

Old 01-16-2007 | 04:43 PM
remove the bulb from your cluster

Old 01-16-2007 | 04:44 PM
My light comes on about 40 min of driving at highway speed and remains on until I shut the car off or spend some time at lower speeds.

I don't really even notice the light any more so it's not a big deal to me.

Old 01-16-2007 | 05:37 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by alphabit
hmmm I have been using aftermarket wheels for the past 2 winters. The only time my light comes on is when I drive for 1+ hours, after I turn my car off the light doesnt come back on. However for day to day city driving my light never comes on with my winters.
That's what Ian and Akrus are suggesting: that the light is initially off but comes on after 40 to 50 kms of continuous driving.
If you don't reach that distance (in one trip) (at speeds above 25 mph) then it sounds like you won't see the light at all....

Sounds like it's not as bothersome as I thought, and only for winter months.
Don't forget to check pressures and adjust as necessary tho, since the system isn't working to warn you.....

C.

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:38 AM
|
for sure...thanks for the heads up...

also, what type of oil does everyone use??...is synthetic recommended in G35's??..i drove a BMW prior to this and im used to the synthetic of course...

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:41 AM
i switched my tires on my stock rims to winters and i came back an hour later asking why the light was on..he said you have to reset it. he said i have to check my manual or ask infiniti...i guess the people who put on my tires were too lazy to do it...but im lazy too..he said u gotta do some sequence of things to reset it

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by CBKG35
for sure...thanks for the heads up...

also, what type of oil does everyone use??...is synthetic recommended in G35's??..i drove a BMW prior to this and im used to the synthetic of course...
How long do you plan on keeping it?

I don't keep my cars outside of their warranty periods - at least not the majority of my past cars. For that reason, I do what the manufacturer recommends. i used to be obsessed with using synthetic, but it just seemed to be a waste in my case as I didn't lengthen the change intervals.

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by importz
i switched my tires on my stock rims to winters and i came back an hour later asking why the light was on..he said you have to reset it. he said i have to check my manual or ask infiniti...i guess the people who put on my tires were too lazy to do it...but im lazy too..he said u gotta do some sequence of things to reset it
I've never heard of that and don't recall reading that in the manual (yes, I have gone through that manual...)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Low Tire Pressure Light on!