Canada Serving Canada.

Ericksen Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 AM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Ericksen Infiniti

For all the Edmonton owners, thumbs up or down for Ericksens service department? Positive or negative, why? I will reserve comment until I see what others have to say. I will value any feedback, regardless if it's good or bad.

I will give my views after having a chance to hear what others have to say. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I never had service done there after the hassel the parts department gave me buying parts(my car is the US model) I wouldnt go there. I have talked to other guys that thought they gave good service.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to give Ericksen a neutral rating. I never had any major issues with the service, my biggest complaint with them is having to book 3 weeks in advance even for an oil change.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Thumbs up

Generally a thumbs up for the service department. In the summer I've found that they seem to be very busy and sometimes you have to book a few weeks in advance. The only non scheduled maintenance work I've had done so far has been:

Fuel filler recall - They were quick and gave me a loaner without me asking for one.

Park brake not staying on - They fixed it under warranty.

Park brake not staying on six months later - Park brake broke (a spring popped out and it wouldn't stay on). The car was outside of the 4 year new car warranty. Initially the service adviser said that the warranty would not cover it even though a similar problem had occurred a short time before. I didn't protest but I was a little ticked off. They covered it under warranty anyway saying that it was likely not put together properly from the factory to begin with. It doesn't seem like something that would be covered under the 6 year power train warranty but regardless I'm satisfied.

On the same occasion I also needed rear brake pads. It was a Friday and I live 120km out of town. They kept the car and squeezed it in Saturday morning which again I was satisfied that they had done so (rather than saying come back a month later).

Overall I'm satisfied. The employees are polite, like to converse and most of the time you get the impression that they are paying attention.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Does anybody know if or when they are going to start construction on their new location in the west end?

Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM
A negative I forgot to mention. Some of the techs at Erickson don't seem to know how to torque the lug nuts. I check them after the drive home and often some are VERY loose. Kal-Tire does a way more consistent job of torquing the wheels.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned
Isn't Erickson at least partially owned by the Hyatt Group?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Time for my two cents. Ericksen has out grown its facilities. This is an unfortunate side effect of their great success in putting the Infiniti product on the road. There are now way too many Infiniti's for this small dealership to keep up. In turn, it is placing stress on the facility and the people.

Having to book a service 3 to 4 weeks ahead is not acceptable. I know there is another Infiniti dealership coming. This does not make the short term pain any better though. Regrettable given how well this dealership has looked after my family's and my businesses vehicles over the years. Hope they iron it out. The dealership has seemed to stuggle a bit since Rick and Graham left.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Service department has always been crappy IMO. I think it has always been an issue with hiring poor service advisors...maybe a product of the current employment climate in Alberta. They do have a couple of really good techs but you have to talk to them directly to get any good info about your car. It is true, they have lost some key people in the last couple of years.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
well ill see this monday if my infiniti service is great when they change my rotors,pads..and get a new rear view mirror since it rattles! and change my shocks or bushings i duno ill see!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pghG35
well ill see this monday if my infiniti service is great when they change my rotors,pads..and get a new rear view mirror since it rattles! and change my shocks or bushings i duno ill see!
Getting a new rear view mirror won't solve the rattle. There is a TSB on a fix for it but that doesn't often work either. Stuff a few pieces of think plastic between the frame and the mirror. That will stop the buzz.

I'm not sure if you're expecting warranty but the rest of the stuff you mention sounds like regular service (wear) items you'll pay for.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by telegramsam
Time for my two cents. Ericksen has out grown its facilities. This is an unfortunate side effect of their great success in putting the Infiniti product on the road. There are now way too many Infiniti's for this small dealership to keep up. In turn, it is placing stress on the facility and the people.

Having to book a service 3 to 4 weeks ahead is not acceptable. I know there is another Infiniti dealership coming. This does not make the short term pain any better though. Regrettable given how well this dealership has looked after my family's and my businesses vehicles over the years. Hope they iron it out. The dealership has seemed to stuggle a bit since Rick and Graham left.
Hyatt Infiniti has the same problem right now, we have to book far in advance and everything requires leaving the car all day including an oil change. To top it off they don't have enough loaners so they make me take the shuttle downtown and walk 12 blocks to work.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Hyatt Infiniti has the same problem right now, we have to book far in advance and everything requires leaving the car all day including an oil change. To top it off they don't have enough loaners so they make me take the shuttle downtown and walk 12 blocks to work.
Why would they not rent a car for you if they don't have enough loaners. That is what my Dealer does. If I request a car, then they have one booked for me.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Why would they not rent a car for you if they don't have enough loaners. That is what my Dealer does. If I request a car, then they have one booked for me.
Same here. It helps that my dealer also owns a large rental company too.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Wow that's good service! I wish Hyatt cared about their customers that much. The way they do it now, I basically write my entire day off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ericksen Infiniti