Canada Serving Canada.

Idiot Drivers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Angry Idiot Drivers!

Man, I had a really crappy day commuting to and from work today.

Driving to work this morning, a guy in an ML320 completely cut me off. I was in the passing lane when this guy in the right hand lane decided come out into the passing lane. I had to slam on the brakes fairly hard to avoid a collision with him and laid on the horn. After he passes the car that was in front of him, he went back into the right lane and then cut off that person. As I passed him, he gave me the finger like I had done something wrong...........but then recognized he works in the same company as me and then put his hand down rather quickly. I was tempted to send him a nasty email this morning, but figured it might not be the best thing to do.

Then, coming home from work this afternoon, there was a guy in an Intrepid weaving between both lanes on the highway. He almost slammed into a guy in an F-150. This guy HAD to be drunk by the way he was driving. I accelerated fairly hard just so I could get in front of him as I really didn't want to be behind this clown. Anyways, I got his license plate # and called my sister who is with the RCMP. I am not sure how they proceed with something like that, but I hope this @sshat gets nailed.

It's no wonder I like working from home so much!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Holy crap! Pwnted on working at the same company! lol Please post if you ever come across this guy at work.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Man that sucks Shane. I think I would have gone to have a one on one talk with him

Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
.......lol, yeah I'm with Wayne of that........I'd have to go and have a 'chat' with him........

I'm sure if you did, that he'd be very humble, and probably will improve his driving habits......at least be a little more apologetic when his brain farts....

If it's any consolation, Shane, we've got a few like that here too and they're very aggravating .....

C.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear that Shane. What Wayne said may be a good idea. The guy might need reminding about how dangerous his driving is.

I've had many more traffic safety issues when I was running a lot versus driving. I couldn't tell you the number of close calls (hundreds) I've had with incompetent drivers that nearly hit me, and unruly angry drivers throwing stuff, hurling insults etc.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
FWIW,
While Colin and Wayne may be right Shane. It's been my experience that a$$ h0les are just that. In his mind you were wrong not to brake and let him do his thing. If he has any inkling that he was wrong, just walking by and making a comment about idiot drivers on the road will be enough. If you call him on it, in all likelyhood, it will just reinforce to him that you are a road hog and have no respect for others on the road. Bet he didn't signal either.
IMHO not worth the effort.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I may have a chat with him yet, however today certainly wasn't the day for it. By the time I got to the office this morning, I was in a rather p1ssy mood. Being a part of senior management now, I am a little more conscious of my behavior and I didn't think it was a good idea to chat or email him in the mood I was in. It very rarely happens, but when I am p1ssed, it's usually not pretty.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Email him this

And mention his yearly performance review is coming up.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
IMO, if anything, it was road rage that happened outside the office and it wasn't exactly something personal towards you, so wouldn't it be more professional to just leave it outside of the office?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
IMO, if anything, it was road rage that happened outside the office and it wasn't exactly something personal towards you, so wouldn't it be more professional to just leave it outside of the office?
Then what, let him be, so dread the thought, someone could be critically injured because of his driving.
Much better to have a calm one on one with him, and perhaps you could be instrumental in preventing something in the future. Nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Rated M

Outside of the office would be ideal. It would keep it on a personal level but get some point across.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I may have a chat with him yet, however today certainly wasn't the day for it. By the time I got to the office this morning, I was in a rather p1ssy mood. Being a part of senior management now, I am a little more conscious of my behavior and I didn't think it was a good idea to chat or email him in the mood I was in. It very rarely happens, but when I am p1ssed, it's usually not pretty.
Wise. I see it like that and would do the same. You'll find the right opportunity to speak if you choose.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Did I tell you the other day I rear-ended a dwarf?

I feel your pain, Shane, some dickweed cut me off this morning too. I commute at a pretty low-traffic time so there's no cause for it.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Did I tell you the other day I rear-ended a dwarf?

I feel your pain, Shane, some dickweed cut me off this morning too. I commute at a pretty low-traffic time so there's no cause for it.
dickweed ?????????Is that something that lurks in Alberta ??

Old 12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Outside of the office would be ideal. It would keep it on a personal level but get some point across.
+1

Don't drag the office into a non-work incident.

Maybe leave him a non-threatening note on his windshield reminding him that he's not the only one on the road, and that cutting people off is not cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Idiot Drivers!