Canada Serving Canada.

Good body shop in Edmonton and surrounding area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Good body shop in Edmonton and surrounding area

I parked on my friend's house drive way. He and I left then his wife back out with the SUV and basically put a nice dent on my passenger side on top of the wheel.

It still drivable but I will need to replace the damaged fender. I checked the engine and it doesn't look like anything was damaged inside the engine bay. I hope not but it still need to be checked after they replace the fender.

Talk about a bad luck experience during the holiday and it was bad b/c I was their guest for Christmas. I feel bad and angry at the same time b/c they are my friends. They said they will pay for the damage repair and I sure hope they stick to their words.

So I need to find a decent and reliable body shop for my 06 G35 coupe.
I am in Wetaskiwin, AB which is about 45 mins south of Edmonton.
Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I will get a few quotes so I can give them b/c we do not want to go through the insurance.

I think it will be around $1000 to $2000 for the repair cost. What do you guys think it will cost?

Old 12-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
JMO.. but why would you have your friends pay $2K out of pocket; that's what insurance is for.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any pics???

Old 12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry no pictures.
If the repair cost is too much I will suggest them to go through their insurance.
Do I have to get a police report for them to claim it with their insurance?
I don't have to pay for the deductible right?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey009
Sorry no pictures.
If the repair cost is too much I will suggest them to go through their insurance.
I don't have to pay for the deductible right?
Good plan.

A police report is appropriate if damage is over a certain amount but probably not necessary since your friend won't be disputing the claim.

No.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Estimate cost is from $1100 to $1500 or more.
I will suggest for them to claim with their insurance. This way, they will pay for the deductible which is a lot cheaper then paying it full.
I doubt their insurance will go up much later.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:09 PM
If the damage is more than $1000.00 you have to report it to the police.

Trending Topics

Old 12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I need to find a decent and reliable body shop for my 06 G35 coupe.
I am in Wetaskiwin, AB which is about 45 mins south of Edmonton.
Do you guys have any recommendations for me? I will get a few quotes so I can give them b/c we do not want to go through the insurance.

I think it will be around $1000 to $2000 for the repair cost. What do you guys think it will cost?
I think one of the best in Edmonton is a place called Reflections Autobody. Gary is the owner manager there and will treat you well. They do a lot of high-end cars and customer service is second to none. The first time I went there (years ago) was after a break-in attempt on a previous Mazda. Weber Motors told me that they do a great job on Benz's, so I thought I'd try them.

Though the damage was to the passenger door, I was surprized when I got the car back as they even cleaned the interior and touched up most of the little rock chips all around the car!

Since then, I've gone back for other work, and have sent other friends there. Gary even remembers me from the first time!

Doug's Place also has a good reputation and 2 locations.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I think one of the best in Edmonton is a place called Reflections Autobody. Gary is the owner manager there and will treat you well. They do a lot of high-end cars and customer service is second to none. The first time I went there (years ago) was after a break-in attempt on a previous Mazda. Weber Motors told me that they do a great job on Benz's, so I thought I'd try them.

Though the damage was to the passenger door, I was surprized when I got the car back as they even cleaned the interior and touched up most of the little rock chips all around the car!

Since then, I've gone back for other work, and have sent other friends there. Gary even remembers me from the first time!

Doug's Place also has a good reputation and 2 locations.
I went to Reflections today right at around 9:30AM and they didn't even have time to do a estimate. I have to book an appointment. It is not like my car is totaled. I am sure they are busy but 10mins to do an estimate is NOT asking a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion those. I went to Albert's Auto body and got a quick estimate which the shop is recommended by Ericksen Infiniti.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I live in Edmonton and used to be a auto insurance adjuster. I've dealt with most shops, some good ones are ;

Glacier CARSTAR Collision
10350 72 Avenue
780-439-0193

Tristar Collision 780-472-1544
12720B 101 Street NW

Doug's Place Collision Repairs Inc 780-439-3665
9939 77 Avenue NW

What ever you do don't use Modern, there way over priced and the works not very good.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 AM
kjo
I don't know about Tristar. Speaking from experience, they did not do a very good job on my car. A year and a half ago, I was hit by someone who went through a stop sign, sustaining front bumper/hood/right panel damage. The repair was sub-par. The fit of the bumper was unacceptable, the paint job was poor (smudges), they did not secure everything back properly and they tried to get away with not putting 3M back onto the bumper, hood and headlights. When I went back for this, they did a horrible job (ripples, smaller coverage), but I was too sick of them to pursue things further. I won't go back to them if body work is needed in the future.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Alberts

Go to see Tony at Alberts Auto Body 16064-98 St. He does all the work for Ericson. Al

Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Tony is a good guy, he did the estimate for me. It is true that he gets a lot of work from Erickson dealer.
My car is in the body shop now, I decided to go with a local shop which was recommended by a Toyota dealership. It was closer to where I live and I am not going to claim it with my insurance because my friend is paying for it. I just hope it doesn't go over the estimated price by much. I do not want to go back to my friend and ask for more money.
If it goes over $100 then I will go back for sure and tell him about it with the final receipt.

I can't wait to get my car back in good shape. It sucks driving around with a dent like that.