Canada Serving Canada.

Canadian Retailers WTF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2008 | 07:26 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
Interesting. That IS350 is starting to look a little more appealing.
Yeah.. but it still drives like it's on sand.
Dull, dead & very little feedback; more of a cruiser than a performance sedan.

Old 03-01-2008 | 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Yeah.. but it still drives like it's on sand.
Dull, dead & very little feedback; more of a cruiser than a performance sedan.
I've never driven one so I have no idea but I've heard the engine is great. I've also hear than the IS is out handled by first gen Gs. Lets put it this way, a 4000+ price cut is a step in the right direction. It's still not the US MSRP but at least it's not a 15K (correct me if the number I've thrown out here is wrong) markup like the G35. These Canadian prices sicken me. While I'm not cheap I think I'm starting to become too frugal to just throw my money away.

Old 03-01-2008 | 08:38 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
I've never driven one so I have no idea but I've heard the engine is great. I've also hear than the IS is out handled by first gen Gs. Lets put it this way, a 4000+ price cut is a step in the right direction. It's still not the US MSRP but at least it's not a 15K (correct me if the number I've thrown out here is wrong) markup like the G35. These Canadian prices sicken me. While I'm not cheap I think I'm starting to become too frugal to just throw my money away.
X10000.... I feel exactly the same way!

Old 03-01-2008 | 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by telegramsam
I agree that much of this is at a wholesale or manufacturers level but the retailers should be screaming at their suppliers. I doubt freight is a reason given that I ship single items here at a premium via courier etc, yet still save huge percentages. We are a smaller market but this is a lame excuse by the companies hosing us. They are doing it because they are getting away with it, or should I say they "were" getting away with it.

Ericsksen Infiniti have a policy at the service department with is punitive against U.S. autos. I say **** em! I will buy a new U.S. Infiniti for 20K less and they can shove their warrantee. I can buy a private warrantee for $ 1,700.00 +/- . We are 30 million strong. Surely that market is worth something. Especially given how wealthy this nation is. I think we all agree here that we are being taken to the cleaners and if enough people quit buying domestically, something may change. I just hope the change is not our government slapping punitive import restrictions on us to protect those wishing to rape us. We will see.
how r they punitive, they are not supposed to be, infiniti warranties r supposed to be valid anywhere US and Canada, complain.. !!!

Old 03-01-2008 | 07:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
how r they punitive, they are not supposed to be, infiniti warranties r supposed to be valid anywhere US and Canada, complain.. !!!
The warranty is still valid, but the dealer will give everyone else priority.
basically almost imposable to get your car in for service.

Old 03-02-2008 | 02:24 PM
|
It's Showtime**
Premier Member
Another problem is when you go to sell used. We are trying to sell our FX. Used, stripped down American cars are coming in well below what resale cars here are worth so it is driving the prices down. We pay top dollar new but sell at firesale. Hopefully people will consider the equipment in ours and the fact that the dealership will service it when buying. I cannot sell this full load FX at stripped down American FX pricing. If it does not sell, oh well. There is about a 4K price difference between it and American imports but some of those are rear wheel drive only and are missing many options. We'll see.

Attached Thumbnails Canadian Retailers WTF-g35-forum-fx.jpg  
Old 03-02-2008 | 02:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Mark, if I was in the market for an SUV right now, I'd be very interested in your FX. IMO, there is nothing on the market that looks better than the FX.

Old 03-02-2008 | 02:56 PM
Another problem is when you go to sell used. We are trying to sell our FX. Used, stripped down American cars are coming in well below what resale cars here are worth so it is driving the prices down. We pay top dollar new but sell at firesale. Hopefully people will consider the equipment in ours and the fact that the dealership will service it when buying. I cannot sell this full load FX at stripped down American FX pricing. If it does not sell, oh well. There is about a 4K price difference between it and American imports but some of those are rear wheel drive only and are missing many options. We'll see.
Mark, I was just checking the pricing on FX's at my Dealers on the internet. I can't believe they are selling brand new 2008 FX35 for $49,500, this is in Ontario. I'm calling them tomorrow to ask what is up with that and warranties etc. This is not just one vehicle, the ad says pick a colour .
Here is a link: http://www.guelphinfinitinissan.com/...TopOfInventory
As you say. It certainly will knock the heck out of anyone selling a Canadian FX privately.
Oh, and these are AWD.
Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 03-02-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2008 | 03:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Mark, I was just checking the pricing on FX's at my Dealers on the internet. I can't believe they are selling brand new 2008 FX35 for $49,500, this is in Ontario. I'm calling them tomorrow to ask what is up with that and warranties etc. This is not just one vehicle, the ad says pick a colour .
Here is a link: http://www.guelphinfinitinissan.com/...TopOfInventory
What do you think of this. It certainly will knock the heck out of anyone selling a Canadian FX privately.
Oh, and these are AWD.
Wayne
Clearing stock in preparation for the 2nd gen?

Old 03-02-2008 | 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Clearing stock in preparation for the 2nd gen?
But Ian, they are listing the 2008 M35 for $49,400 and the 2008 G35 Sedan for $36,995.

I sent them an email today asking about them.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 03-02-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2008 | 04:07 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
But Ian, they are listing the 2008 M35 for $49,400 and the 2008 G35 Sedan for $36,995.

I sent them an email today asking about them.
Holy crap!

Old 03-02-2008 | 04:19 PM
Rated M
Premier Member

I agree. That's the down side of an open market when currency is par and Canadian retailers and consumers pay way more for the same new car.

It's all this talk and reviewing these numbers that makes me want to drive a cheap beater. These cars are just depreciating way too fast right now and I hate throwing that kind of money away.

Last edited by RBull; 03-02-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2008 | 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
I agree. That's the down side of an open market when currency is par and Canadian retailers and consumers pay way more for the same new car.

It's all this talk and reviewing these numbers that makes me want to drive a cheap beater. These cars are just depreciating way too fast right now and I hate throwing that kind of money away.

Tell me about it...

Old 03-02-2008 | 07:40 PM
|
It's Showtime**
Premier Member
The FX can't hold a candle to how upside down I am on my M5. With tax I paid over 125K for this car and I saw an 06 advertised here recently, an American imported car, for 68K. Cars are never an investment but the situation at present is particularily bad. At the time I purchased the M5 a 4 year old M5 in the old style would sell for 68K. The change is a little hard to swallow.

If I cannot get the right dollar for the FX, we keep it. My wife is just growing tired of the rough ride, blind spots and the terrible gas milage. At 16 lit/100 km the FX is almost as bad as the M5. We feel a bit guilty driving two gas guzzlers but not bad enough to give the thing away.

The FX would be the last Infiniti in Edmonton to go. The I-30 was replaced with a mini for my daughter and the G35 was replace by a 335 Xi Coupe for my son. They both did this on their own. Still have an M35 in Scottsdale though (what a great car ). That I lease for $ 500.00/ month down there.

We are so ripped off here

Attached Thumbnails Canadian Retailers WTF-post-fx.jpg  
Old 03-10-2008 | 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Holy crap!
They're just giving a $3k discount off MSRP....I doubt they're going to give any additional discounts beyond this from the dealership, but still $2500 off from Infiniti, and another $2000 on top of that ($4500 total) if cash purchase.

No premium, and not AWD though. Just the base car.