Canada Serving Canada.

Imported G35 From US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickt888
Wow, that's a really good price. 2 weeks ago, I paid about $32,000 for a 2006 DG G35 coupe 5AT premium package with 10,000 miles.

Prior to my purchase, I phone infiniti canada, and was told the waranty will apply.

Today, I just phone Ericksen Infiniti here in Edmonton to book an appointment, and was told "2 months waiting period" for US model cars.
This is after I told them I also have a 2004 FX35, and I have been their customer for the last few years...

Anyone have better experience with any other dealers in Canada ?

If this is the case, I will be selling both the G35 and the FX soon.

Patrick
I originally had my heart set on a 6MT, but their resale value is still pretty high. I didn't find one for less than $29,000. As for my dealer experience, I'm taking mine in for an oil change next week at Yorkville Infiniti (Toronto). They didn't ask any questions about where it was coming from.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SMarinoZR
Actually Erickson Nissan/infiniti has a unwritten policy to discriminate against American bought Nissan/Infiniti products for warrenty repairs or service work. With Erickson you will be put last in every catagory. As it was explained to me from the owner of Erickson. {Quote " If your taking money out of my pocket by buying in the USA, I'm going to make sure your requests for work are last in line from my paying customers, who do put money in my pocket" UnQuote}

I could kinda see his point.

However there is good news West End Nissan is American purchased vehicle friendly and will not discriminate against USA vehicles. I believe the last time I checked they even offer a aftermarket extended service warrenty contracts for USA purchased vehicles. My service contact person is Carl.

Check it out and see WEN has to say for themselves.
Sounds like that is true. The owner sounds like he has too much business and doesn't understand the concept you are a "paying customer" too. It's very fickle to intentionally put a customer who didn't buy new on waiting lists of several months for "service". Many people have bought used cars in Canada. Are they also second class citizens?

Your dealer needs a wake up call with some competition.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ a very short sighted business plan = FTL

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^ a very short sighted business plan = FTL
True but with the booming of people in Alberta, and there are ONLY 2 Infiniti dealerships in two major cities in Alberta. Guess where the two dealerships are?

They have no problem getting customers and jobs.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ that's unfortunate....
We tend to forget how spoiled we are in the GTA with the number of dealers.

Still, not all monopolistic market dealers work that way.....
We hear a lot of good things about O'Regans, who have a lock on the East coast market.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ that's unfortunate....

We hear a lot of good things about O'Regans, who have a lock on the East coast market.

Yes, it's different when there are other dealer options around. As you said fortunately we have a good dealer here who seem to look after their customers. To date I've been very satisfied.

I totally agree with you about short sightedness. People remember those things and at first opportunity will jump ship to a competing dealer or even switch brands because of being fed up with months of waiting for service. Given that scenario I would seriously consider whether to stay with the Infiniti brand.

Originally Posted by Monkey009
True but with the booming of people in Alberta, and there are ONLY 2 Infiniti dealerships in two major cities in Alberta. Guess where the two dealerships are?

They have no problem getting customers and jobs.
Exactly why I stated they need more competition. That's obvious with their level of customer service.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
^ that's unfortunate....

Very true. I've had nothing but GREAT experiences so far with O'Regans and would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Like Deane said, we are fortunate to have a good Infiniti dealer here, especially since it's the only one in all of Atlantic Canada.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by patrickt888
Now I am getting the message that if you bought your Nissan from another dealership that's not one of Erickson's, you will be treated the same way ?

By taking my car to Erickson for service, they do make money off my service don't they ? Everytime, in the last few years that I took my FX35 there for service, I did pay them. It's not like I got anything for free from those guys...
I don't believe they will turn you down for a service request on another vehicle bought from another dealer but the impression I received is that they are biased when it comes to servicing USA purchased vehicles. Plus it makes sense to service the vehicles bought from there dealership before they service a vehicle bought from another dealership. It's called taking care of your customers first and foremost.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
importing

Originally Posted by g35koupe
Hi Everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 2006 G35 Coupe, imported from the US. Its a black base model with the premium package. It was brought in from Ohio, and the import process was straightforward. Ohio requires front plates, so I didn't need to worry about getting a mounting bracket. I called Infiniti US and Canada and arranged to transfer the warranty. Surprisingly, Infiniti made the process really easy, all they wanted was a fax of the title and registration. The dealer also gave me temporary plates, which let me drive the car in the US. Make sure you follow the instructions at www.riv.ca, and I recommend using a customs broker to take care of the paper work at the border.

Once the car was across, the car just needed to have the lights setup for daytime running (cost $150 at my mechanic). The inspection at Canadian Tire was free and straightforward.

Make sure when you go to the license office you've got all your papers in order. They seem to be really short-tempered there (luckily I had everything). Paid the PST, paid for my plates, and now I'm off and running.

Now, I just need a set of 19" wheels, and i'm all done!
how much has it come to with everything paid for.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by randyc
how much has it come to with everything paid for.
This is what you should expect to pay for a vehicle:

1. Duties @ 6.1%
2. GST @ 5%
3. PST @ 8% (This is Ontario, so subsitute the appropriate rate for your province)
4. RIV Fee $204.75 (This includes GST/PST)
5. A/C Tax $100.00
6. Brokerage Fee $350.00
7. Transportation Fee $1,000.00
8. Daytime Running Lights $250.00 (This is on the high side)
9. Safety and Emissions Check $200.00

Note that GST and PST are generally applied to the purchase price after conversion to Canadian dollars (and is also applied above any state taxes if you end up having to pay them). Check www.xe.com for the latest currency conversions. Deals are not as nice as they were 4 months ago when the dollar was at par.