Canada Serving Canada.

Our retirement property

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I'm luvin it Deane. Great looking spot. I would have my self a nice 18-24' skiff or EC style boat docked in that harbor. Paradise .

I was hoping to hear some input from you on the boat stuff! I'm sure we'll have to talk some more. There was a big sailboat for sale I saw, it was probably about 35'+. There are 70 slips there plus the wharf area for the lobster fishermen which go out early in the AM. The cost of marina membership is $70/annually including 3 annual parties and 4 mooring spots at another marina about 5km away; very close to another lot we looked at but lost out on. Marina is about 3.5-4km by road.

Yeah, it seems pretty nice. When we arrive yesterday those sail boats were right in front of our place but I didn't get the camera out for a bit until they were further away.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks Colin!

It is in Nova Scotia across from PEI between Amherst and New Glasgow about 6 km from a village called Tatamagouche. The village has a hospital, RCMP office, decent sized grocery store and liquor store, a Home Hardware, recreation center with arena, some small restaurants/pub, 2 gas stations and a small Ford dealer. It is about 30 minutes to Truro, 45 to New Glasgow and 50 to Amherst.
Somewhere in this area, I take it?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like a great place to retire. Congrats.
and what a small world, i was born in Thompson, Manitoba.
haha.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Beautiful! I love oceanfront! Congrats!!

Old 07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by HellaFly
Looks like a great place to retire. Congrats.
and what a small world, i was born in Thompson, Manitoba.
haha.
thanks.

Well that's a coincidence. I lived in Winnipeg for 9 years and was born in Toronto.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
Beautiful! I love oceanfront! Congrats!!

Thanks Vasily.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Somewhere in this area, I take it?

Yes, it's beyond me to put those maps on here but if you look at google earth it's:

Go to google earth Sand Point, Colchester County. Scoot along the road out nearly to the end of road on the point to the right. Then put your cursor on 45 44’56.89 N ; 63 15’53.36W . That is basically the center of the lot.

This is another source. Look at the black dot second from the end of the road on Sand Point and you'll know where we are.

http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/englis...09%20END%20END

Last edited by RBull; 07-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Thanks Colin!

It is in Nova Scotia across from PEI between Amherst and New Glasgow about 6 km from a village called Tatamagouche. The village has a hospital, RCMP office, decent sized grocery store and liquor store, a Home Hardware, recreation center with arena, some small restaurants/pub, 2 gas stations and a small Ford dealer. It is about 30 minutes to Truro, 45 to New Glasgow and 50 to Amherst.
Phew, I'm glad to hear that Deane.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Phew, I'm glad to hear that Deane.
LOL, trust me - it was a consideration.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

very nice Dean...it looks peaceful and the water super clean. I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like your home will be away from heavy boat traffic (if any).

Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Deane, looks awesome man! Congrats on the property and best wishes on the build! Looks a like a beautiful place to spend your retirement years. Hopefully there is a nice golf course near by!

-Sean

Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Deane, looks awesome man! Congrats on the property and best wishes on the build! Looks a like a beautiful place to spend your retirement years. Hopefully there is a nice golf course near by!

-Sean
thanks Sean. We're aways from retirement yet but it gives us something to look forward to and not a bad investment right now.

There is one about 3 miles away and two others within a 25 minute drive. One of them is an incredible course (fox Harbour) owned by a well known Canadian tycoon- Ron Joyce who owned Tim Hortons donuts. All the rich and famous fly to the private air strip or sail/boat in to play and stay there. We nearly bought a property across the road from it which is still for sale.

http://www.foxharbr.com/

I don't golf though.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks frickin' NICE!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Chico
very nice Dean...it looks peaceful and the water super clean. I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like your home will be away from heavy boat traffic (if any).
Thanks Chico. We're talking a tiny remote rural community so very minimal boat traffic. Almost all of the boating is sailing which we'll enjoy viewing from the home site.

All of the shots I took are at full zoom on my camera. We are about 2km as the crow flies from the marina and the fishermans wharf.

Last edited by RBull; 07-27-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
thanks Sean. We're aways from retirement yet but it gives us something to look forward to and not a bad investment right now.

There is one about 3 miles away and two others within a 25 minute drive. One of them is an incredible course (fox Harbour) owned by a well known Canadian tycoon- Ron Joyce who owned Tim Hortons donuts. All the rich and famous fly to the private air strip or sail/boat in to play and stay there. We nearly bought a property across the road from it which is still for sale.

http://www.foxharbr.com/

I don't golf though.
Looks like an awesome golf course! Even though i don't play that much anymore i still like to enjoy a beautiful golf course every now and then. You should take it up. It is fun.

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Our retirement property