Canada Serving Canada.

GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
sorry 4 the delay.. at work... and the file is pretty large.. around 4 gigs... will edit/encode/upload tonight. the Video is very informative.. great questions were asked and Kevin thoroughly went into detail with pretty much everything... thanks Kevin...

I hope i have your permission to post it up on "youtube" , having links exclusively to this forum.
For sure. Thanks for taking the time to video it for everyone.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:00 PM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a great meet. Too bad I couldn't make it.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
np.. been caught up with a few things.. video will be up by tonight for sure!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by musti82

couple of things maybe we could have done better , not cruising at 130-140 on a public road,cutting each other and scaring other drivers(i wasnt doing it) but i am one of the member of the group so i felt responsible for that) that actually really upset me, anyways there is always room for improvement.
its true some ppl were going a bit over the limit but no one was scaring the other drivers and if the other drivers got scared it was because they are either going really slow in the left lane and just blocking the hwy or because they are uncomfortable being on the hwy where other cars do go fast and speed is something that should not scare you. its because most ppl get scared and are really weak drivers (especially here in canada) that alot of accidents happen. i did a law case study a few years back about this in school and old ppl are the biggest cause of accidents then ppl on the cellphones then drunk driving. only 7 accidents happen on avg a year because of speeding. not saying its right to speed but for sure not the biggest issue to fix about the meet!

i was kind of disappointed with the meet ill be honest. i went to a few other car meets and this was dull by comparison. ok good turn out but really something like a dyno day or a cruise after or something cooler then just standing around being tought how to clean our cars. i was at the bmw meet and i really dont like bmws but i have to give it to them they do have more fun on their meets. for being a sports car that meet was really non sport oriented. we should of at least had a burnout competition or something fun like that. if i knew this was going to be like this i might of put more effort in going to Zdays but hey i really hope the next meet is more fun!

Last edited by zeidik; 06-03-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I was under the impression that the entire premise of this meet was as a detailing how to from the very beginning. I'm not quite sure how someone would get the impression we'd be doing burn-outs.

FWIW, and this is just the crotchety old man in me; but when I go to car meets I'm there to talk to the people, check out the cars, and chill. I've been to plenty of public meets where the cops show up because a bunch of kids are doing burn-outs. If I want to race, do burnouts, and drift, I do my meets at the track. You should check it out, I can send you a list of apex days if you like. Lots of speed, lots of fun, and no cops.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Picus
I was under the impression that the entire premise of this meet was as a detailing how to from the very beginning. I'm not quite sure how someone would get the impression we'd be doing burn-outs.
Dont worry about that previous comment, it was a DETAILING meet... I am pretty sure last night is the first time I actually washed my car properly... eshine kit on its way!!!!!!

PS I saw the F-40 on your detailing site... you lucky *******! haha

Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

FWIW, and this is just the crotchety old man in me; but when I go to car meets I'm there to talk to the people, check out the cars, and chill. I've been to plenty of public meets where the cops show up because a bunch of kids are doing burn-outs. If I want to race, do burnouts, and drift, I do my meets at the track. You should check it out, I can send you a list of apex days if you like. Lots of speed, lots of fun, and no cops.
^^^^+1, Well said Kevin, I agree 100 %

Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Zeidik,

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself. I'm sorry to hear that.
As Kevin had mentioned, this was an info meet pertaining to Detailing your vehicle.
Maybe you should have gone to Z-days instead like you had mentioned.

Its not easy putting a meet together. You should be giving thanks to Simone Performance, Kevin, and the tint shop owners that gracefully allowed us to use their facilities and giving up their free day for us.

In the future, if you don't like something, don't come...bottom line!!!!
You knew ahead of time what this meet was all about. It was posted well in advance for everyone to see and make plans for.

If you want to do burn-outs or anything like that, take it to Mosport. Myself and others don't want to be bothered by the police from other peoples carelessness.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone hasn't said it yet, I will state the obvious. As these cars continue to get cheaper, the demographics of the driver will change as well (more younger, immature, crowd), as clearly displayed by the posts we have been seeing here over the past few months. As such, you will have a bunch of kids wanting to race each other, and bring negative attention to the club. I feel bad for the originals here, who spent the big bucks on their cars and are typically more mature.

As others have stated, it was clear from the first post that this was a DETAILING meet. Its too bad that I couldn't make it, I would have loved to learn a few tips on how to keep my car looking good.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
rofl public flogging in traffic and burnouts.

that really makes us look good as a group, especially after some dude just did 250 is his g35.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by 35bills
If you want to do burn-outs or anything like that, take it to Mosport. Myself and others don't want to be bothered by the police from other peoples carelessness.
Please don't take burn-outs to Mosport either.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM

well iv been to quite a few car meets where there have been burnouts but then again the demographics was very different and the cars were very performance oriented. if you have bmw you should know that its a tradition with those guys and same with the rx7s. and car talk sure but when there is diversity not wen 90% of the cars only had rims and completely stock. dont get me wrong about the meet i enjoyed hanging out i just wished it was more exiting in the way of events happening there. i appriciate the offer about the apex days but im fine im sure iv gone to a few track meets at dunville and just by my self and it really is fun!! i also enjoyed talking to the fellow with the greddy TT <-- awesome car my fav at the meet!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zeidik
its true some ppl were going a bit over the limit but no one was scaring the other drivers and if the other drivers got scared it was because they are either going really slow in the left lane and just blocking the hwy or because they are uncomfortable being on the hwy where other cars do go fast and speed is something that should not scare you. its because most ppl get scared and are really weak drivers (especially here in canada) that alot of accidents happen. i did a law case study a few years back about this in school and old ppl are the biggest cause of accidents then ppl on the cellphones then drunk driving. only 7 accidents happen on avg a year because of speeding. not saying its right to speed but for sure not the biggest issue to fix about the meet!

i was kind of disappointed with the meet ill be honest. i went to a few other car meets and this was dull by comparison. ok good turn out but really something like a dyno day or a cruise after or something cooler then just standing around being tought how to clean our cars. i was at the bmw meet and i really dont like bmws but i have to give it to them they do have more fun on their meets. for being a sports car that meet was really non sport oriented. we should of at least had a burnout competition or something fun like that. if i knew this was going to be like this i might of put more effort in going to Zdays but hey i really hope the next meet is more fun!
Zeidik, If it's that kind of activity you seek, then you're attending the wrong meets......We don't condone any kind of sillyness or illegal activity like what you described at any of our functions.

What you do at other functions is your business but we keep things strictly educational and low key and we're very happy to see that everyone falls in line with that thinking or they're invited to leave.

I doubt very much if Vic's or Shaun's businesses would like to attract any unwanted attention by attendees dong things totally unnecessary, do you?

As has been stated, the meet was a brilliant success as Kevin (Picus) did his thing and clearly and generously shared his knowledge on detailing and care of our trusty rides. We thank him for giving us some of his very precious time usually spent working or with his family.

We should equally thank Ian (InTgr8r) for his hard work in organizing the day, Vic and Shaun for allowing us to attend on their premises and use their facilities, and to the Lion's club for filling our hungry tummies at lunch time with those 'burgers and 'dogs.

It was a great time guys and gals....Thanks to all for making it possible

Colin.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
Zeidik,

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself. I'm sorry to hear that.
As Kevin had mentioned, this was an info meet pertaining to Detailing your vehicle.
Maybe you should have gone to Z-days instead like you had mentioned.

Its not easy putting a meet together. You should be giving thanks to Simone Performance, Kevin, and the tint shop owners that gracefully allowed us to use their facilities and giving up their free day for us.

In the future, if you don't like something, don't come...bottom line!!!!
You knew ahead of time what this meet was all about. It was posted well in advance for everyone to see and make plans for.

wow you just made me sounds like a ***** that didnt appreciate anything at the meet. well for one i said the meet was dull i didnt say i wasnt greatfull to any of the ppl at simones there because they didnt organize to meet they were just helpers and props to them good job! but hey it was also advertising for them lol. and i came because it was hyped up with surprises and such. and really how can i know if i like something or not without coming?? and everyone is ripping on the burnout thing ok sorry im young and i like to have a bit of fun but very time a young guy says that to all of you older guys its like a red alert for a street racer because your judgmental.

Originally Posted by kingrukus
If anyone hasn't said it yet, I will state the obvious. As these cars continue to get cheaper, the demographics of the driver will change as well (more younger, immature, crowd), as clearly displayed by the posts we have been seeing here over the past few months. As such, you will have a bunch of kids wanting to race each other, and bring negative attention to the club. I feel bad for the originals here, who spent the big bucks on their cars and are typically more mature.

As others have stated, it was clear from the first post that this was a DETAILING meet. Its too bad that I couldn't make it, I would have loved to learn a few tips on how to keep my car looking good.
you seem like the mature one and one with a temper "showed with stclairwest"

if by immature you mean fun then yea the crowd is getting younger and i said burnout not race... you ppl can twist my words all you want but its not my fault your not that much fun.

Originally Posted by intense660
rofl public flogging in traffic and burnouts.

that really makes us look good as a group, especially after some dude just did 250 is his g35.
dude everyone has forgotten about him and no one really cares wat car went 250 if you really think that way then you got something else coming to you or you just dont drive enough.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
ok that was a suggestion i wasnt saying everyone should bust out in burnouts. last meet i saw it was on water over something which was smart! and i feel that my believes dont match the ones to most ppl here because of the age difference and thats ok but im bashing on anyones opinions all i said was it could of been more exciting. and most of you are acting so hurt which is funny lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09