Canada Serving Canada.

GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hi all,

as it was intended its a DETAILING MEET , not a burn out or racing meet, if we were intending anything like that we would have done this in track.

im 26, im not young and im not old, i still think most(im saying not all) young people have long way to go no matter they deny. the things i have mentioned in the other post (driving carelessly ) was immature. maybe u r not scared to be cut by 2 cars from right and left but a lot of drivers are bothered and scared, they have every right to be scared.

what do you expect from a DETAILING MEET , kevin is not going to do a burn out and at the same time explain detailing. i dont know why people has high hopes from a meet. if you want excitement there r many other places and events.

i was following u guys at 120km and still almost half km behind, i gave up after a while.i even have videos where people were cutting each other and others,)its your choice to speed and u agree the consequences.however u cant defend that style of driving. we act as a group in that day by meeting from different directions (east,west, far-west)
and yes it does show us bad. do we have to write "no careless driving , and will not be tolerated" for every single meet we had? this is not a group speeding event. u can do whatever u want when u r cruising with ur buddies but we have met for a cause and act as a group.

Kevin thanks a lot million times (i was the bald guy with sun glasses showed you my rims (2003 grey coupe) right after u were done with the presentation)

i am not pointing out or singling out anyone. I am just writing how i felt. it was a good informative meet, it wasnt oldy thing or anything, it was just what i expected. and i thank everyone who helped out and participate.that's my last words regarding this meet. Hopefully we can do it next year too!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I thought it was a great meet, thank you Kevin again and Vic Simone.

I think everyone should just chill out and relax, some of you guys are turning this into an issue after issue, its funny because everyone is so talkative on here but I probably didn't talk to 75% of the people on here at the meet which I find wierd.

If some people don't like the style of meet we hold...don't come, if some people don't like the way we cruise up to a meet.. don't cruise with us (Come on 120km/h...really), this bickering is really discouraging me of coming out to any more meets.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Ya this meets over it was a great success, the pics are being posted on its own thread, i suggest this thread be closed or sumtin

Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 AM
i didnt say im not cruisin again, im saying im not cruising people who r driving recklessly and over the speed limit, we did cruise last time on c7, everyone was mature enough to keep the group together.

second i didnt say u guys were doin 120, i said even i kept at the max 120 , u guys were flyin, please dont say this is cruising !!!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by musti82
i didnt say im not cruisin again, im saying im not cruising people who r driving recklessly and over the speed limit, we did cruise last time on c7, everyone was mature enough to keep the group together.
Hey Musti82, myself and a couple of the guys have been on a couple of C7 Fall Tours and they were awesome. It's amazing how they can keep 400-500 cars in line at one meet. There must be a ton of testosterone flying around during those meets but somehow everyone manages to keep themselves under control and some even get pissed when others step out of line even a little bit. Great bunch of guys and most of them are all young (if that matters). What kind of car did you drive to the Fall Tour? I would have remebered if it was a G35 unless I missed it somehow. I did miss one two years ago I think.

Regarding the meet guys, I had a great time and thanks again to Kevin for doing this again, I think this will be the third time now. Thanks to everyone else who planned and managed this event. Great turnout.

Zedik, maybe we can do a lamer version and see whos blow off valve makes the most noise.

Take care everyone and hopefully well get together again soon.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 AM
hi, i was in the c7 last year, i had the same car grey g 35 coupe 2003, i met half of the people here ,there i was following a s2000 convertible all the time. that was real cruising, the road they picked the surrounding was awesome. country roads rulez

Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by intense660
everyones entitled to an opinion though right? im just saying because it happens to be the fastest anyones been caught in the gta. why am i wrong? are you a cop?

have you ever been profiled for racing even though you havent done anything of that sort? i honestly dont know on your case, but i can say i have. and im pretty sure that the officer that pulled me over cared (got stuck fighting this bs over a year in courts). luckily this was before that stupid bill came out. nothing against you personally but im just stating my case. i just dont want anyone here to get screwed over by the man like i did.
^+1 x 2. I went through that TWICE, before the new bill came out ... with my previous car (TL).... a lesson learned... and NO i was not street racing, but I did get pulled over for it....

Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by musti82
hi, i was in the c7 last year, i had the same car grey g 35 coupe 2003, i met half of the people here ,there i was following a s2000 convertible all the time. that was real cruising, the road they picked the surrounding was awesome. country roads rulez
Did you go on the track at the end of the tour? If so then I remember you now. LOL. Good times.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 AM
first of all.. by speeding, if your talking about 130km/h... then i'm sorry... there was an aston martin going at 130km/h and all the G's were just following it on the passing lane. NO G was racing or speeding over that limit.... maybe there were times when a G needed to over again another car in order to get back in line and it might've gone over 130km/h for a short period of time...

i really enjoyed the meet.. Kevin made my day with all the tips he offered... even today, there was some flies stuck to my front bumper.. and i wanted to wipe them off with a microcloth but remembered what Kevin said.... he might just come over and kick my *** for that lol...

I guess the only thing that bothered me was the weather and my shoeless G. I need to setup an appointment with Kevin after my Varianzas arrive. I learned a lot of things but I rather let the professionals do what they are good at...

Last edited by t7n7; 06-07-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:55 PM
ATT: PICUS

Question for you, my rear wheels have sum build of what seems like brake dust, I tried micro-fibre cloths but does not seem to take it all off, can you suggest anything that can take this off?

Attached Thumbnails GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09-wheels-004.jpg   GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09-wheels-005.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Update on the proceeds for the hospital charity

I stopped in to see Vic today to pick up some Motul brake fluid.

Christine asked me to pass along the results of the fund raising for the cancer unit at the hospital.

- From the BBQ lunch the Lions club raised $275
- From our G35Driver stickers & the draw by Pathfinder Lubricants, there was another $70
= a total of $345

.....On top of that, Simone Performance very generously pledged a matching donation of an additional $345
Thanks Vic & Christine...

That makes a grand total of $690 raised.

Thanks everyone for making this a great event & helping raise a little money for the cancer unit at Southlake hospital, Newmarket

Last edited by InTgr8r; 06-08-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow ! Great job. It definitely puts new perspective to a meet. This should be done more often. We should have an eating competition with sponsored competitors

I will definitely make it a point to head out to the next meet. Congratulations to the organizers, attendees and sponsors !

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You're welcome and thanks you for setting the stage and giving us a great oppertunity to network and learn.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the 411 Ian. It's been said before "Intgr8r Meet.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
That's awesome news Ian!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTA - Detailing 'How to' Meet '09