Canada Serving Canada.

My SG-Motorsports Alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009 | 03:52 PM
|
My SG-Motorsports Alignment

So as some of you may know, I recently got my car lowered. Due to the fact that it was lowered, things were un-bolted, re-bolted, etc.. My alignment went to hell in a hand basket. I wanted to get it fixed, and I thought about where to go, and I decided on Sasha at SG-Motorsports.
Why?
1. Sasha races a 350Z in Koni Challenge and knows how to align these cars. Also, Sasha is willing to do non-factory alignments. I didn't want to put my car back to factory settings, because I find it too conservative and understeer-y.

2. Sasha has a really sexy alignment machine. (http://sg-motorsport.com/alignmentservice.html)

3. His pricing is quite fair.

So, off it went, and it got aligned. I asked Sasha to make my car as agile as possible, without sacrificing tire wear too too much. Stability is not an issue for me, because I pay attention when driving, and I like to drive hard, so agility > stability. Based on this, I have some toe out in the front.
I didn't get to have too many driving impressions because I had to go back to work, but I did drive it a bit, and it feels more willing to turn in, and more planted in the corners. I'll post more impressions after beating the snot out of it for a few days-weeks.
Here's a pretty picture for you guys and gals to look at though.

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:01 PM
ohhh perty

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:03 PM
^ +1
How much does he charge?

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:10 PM
|
He charged me $95 and I have the SPC rear camber kit & toe bolt. I believe it's cheaper if you have just factory pieces, because it's more work to fiddle with the adjustable camber arm.

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:20 PM
What do you have the front? I just got mine installed and I heard the front was a pain to instal, had to take everything out, hub and etc......

I got an alignment as well but have no idea to make out the numbers, lol, so i'll compare mine to yours when i get home

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:27 PM
|
Front I just have the factory arms.
Picture into words:
Front Camber
L -2.3 R -2.26
Toe -0.05 (toe out)
Rear Camber
L -2.61 R -2.57
Toe -0.01 (toe in)

Old 04-30-2009 | 05:10 PM
damn!! I'm touched by the graphics and the loads of information that can easily be understood by a monkey!!

When I get my new tires, I know where i'm going!!!

Old 04-30-2009 | 05:49 PM
We need to get a allignment for swapping rims?

Old 04-30-2009 | 05:53 PM
|
Nope, just for any suspension changes. Like lowering, or unbolting-rebolting any arms b/c you're messing with the eccentric bolts.

Old 04-30-2009 | 08:55 PM
what if your steering goes to the left a bit already?.... i guess i'll wait til my new tires IN CASE its the tire (since one of the tires seems to lose air pressure faster!)

Old 05-08-2009 | 10:59 AM
|
Okay, official impressions after ripping around and generally behaving like a spoiled toddler
It is absolutely BRILLIANT!
Turn in is definitely improved, and feels much sharper than before, but the true surprise is the GRIP! There is so much damn grip, it's scary. It feels like I'm running R-comps, which quite frankly, makes me want to run R-comps so I can see the universe loop over into itself. I just pick a corner, hurl the car in it, and get on the gas. Then instead of a messy slide or understeering to my death, the tires squeel a bit, the car grips, and just rockets out of the corner.
In a fictional scenario that didn't happen at all because street racing is bad and I never do it, an older 5L Stang with some visible mods and a really smelly exhaust was messing with me, until we went into a corner, he just powerslid, while I gripped, slung through the apex and put a good 10+ car lengths on him. I didn't get to talk to him after, but I'm pretty sure that he is still wondering what the hell happened there

Cliffs: I LOVE IT. Get coilovers, get an alignment, and go out there and have some fun.

Old 05-08-2009 | 11:02 AM
I just got my coils installed at SG they are awsome. ill start up a thread with some pics in a bit

Old 05-08-2009 | 11:28 AM
My coils should be arriving next week, looking for a shop to install them how much does he charge

Old 05-08-2009 | 01:18 PM
|
I'm not sure about the coilover install, as I got it done at Speedstar, but you can call him at the number listed on the sheet and ask him.

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:58 PM
^ question: doesnt speedstar have an alignment rack?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SG-Motorsports Alignment