Canada Serving Canada.

BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
...hmmm for what it's worth... i've been running an sstt in my bmw for over a year now and have had 0 problems with it. i know kevin has an even more serious chip in his... and i don't think his engine or turbos have disintegrated yet either .

i had my car in for an oil change last week and got a 135 as a loaner. it's a pretty serious performer. to be honest.. if i had to do it again i probably would have went with a 135 cabriolet instead of my 335. it's just too big of a car for me for what i use it for.

in terms of reliability and problems.. that car has been pretty much flawless for me... where as my former g35 coupe... well... let's just say i won't go there
Whats this sstt, a different chip?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
where as my former g35 coupe... well... let's just say i won't go there

I concur!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
My neighbour has a blue 135i. I see and hear it every day and I really like it.
If your going to winter drive it get snows. He didn't and got stuck on our court in 4in of snow. I helped push him to his driveway.
G's and Beemers can be friends!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
135i is not a bad car at all i was actually considering it before i even got my G...but i rather opt for the 335i cause it looks sick!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
...hmmm for what it's worth... i've been running an sstt in my bmw for over a year now and have had 0 problems with it. i know kevin has an even more serious chip in his... and i don't think his engine or turbos have disintegrated yet either .

i had my car in for an oil change last week and got a 135 as a loaner. it's a pretty serious performer. to be honest.. if i had to do it again i probably would have went with a 135 cabriolet instead of my 335. it's just too big of a car for me for what i use it for.

in terms of reliability and problems.. that car has been pretty much flawless for me... where as my former g35 coupe... well... let's just say i won't go there
I have performed no modifications of any kind to my car, particularly engine modifications or tuning. I think people that modify their cars are all either slightly retarded or child molesters. Right BMW Toronto? RIGHT!?

FWIW, I haven't had many issues with the car. Just had my first actually - low battery voltage caused my SRS to malfunction; had to have dealer reset. Dealer is convinced I "tampered with the battery" (I didn't, really, not even just being sarcastic this time). Either way, got it worked out so it's all good.

As for my G, first one had a few issues (electrical), second was trouble free till I sold her @171k km. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sigh 135i/335i trumps our cars in so many ways, so itching to trade in for one but I have my G paid off.... I'm liking the no car payments.... plus our g's aren't worth ish right now...

Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shawn87
I concur!
so true, what'd you end up getting Shawn?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^too much.

IMO Dinan sucks on performance value for the $
There are many, better options out there.
Dinan is no great shakes on reliability if my experience with M5 'upgrade' parts is any indication. Everything I ever bought from them needed to be replaced due to failure.

..and BTW, BMW cars are Bimmers, not Beamers...

Last edited by audiophool; 08-26-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
BMW has free scheduled mainenance for the first 4 years. Includes brakes, wipers, oil changes ect.
Ehhh....that's a bit of a misnomer. BMW will cover maintenance "AS INDICATED BY THE MAINTENANCE INTERVAL COMPUTER". Do you think you would buy a new car and then not change it's oil for 12k-15k just because the little lights on the dash hadn't ticked down to yellow/red yet? Are your brakes due if they are worn low, or only if the little wear indicator wire has worn completely through? Will that happen before 50K? Did you know that if you buy BMW's own extended warranty with the car, that they explicitly do not include coverage for tons of stuff, basically all the stuff that they know will break...like the stereo, the I-Drive. Read up on it, you'll be amazed...it's almost like they know something

BTW, that is the same warranty BMW includes with it's CPO cars.

BMW's are fun cars to drive, but I'd never buy another.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the look of the 1 series, driven along side a few on the highway and caught myself staring at it the whole time haha

Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by netcbc
so true, what'd you end up getting Shawn?
Nothing yet. I have my other car to get me around. looking at my options. I am also planning on buying a condo so that may put a delay on my purchase... seems to me housing tends to appreciate as car depreciate. Better invest at the moment.

I may just save a ton of money and then drop a wad on the 135i...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
lol.... that's OK.
I may be an OF, but I do remember some of the things you went through.
i liked the car for what it was.... my biggest beef was probably with the dealerships themselves. worst service i have ever seen out of a car brand. i also thought some parts within the car were of extremely low quality. ie... seemingly endless failing door locks/windows, paint chipping and peeling from interior buttons (i mean seriously infiniti? paint falling off?? ...and u won't even fix it under warranty? ). made me really wonder where else they skimped on parts... like engine, tranny? i simply just got tired of the monthly visits to the dealer.

i'm a car enthusiast... i don't have any loyalty to just one brand. infiniti simply dropped the ball on their quality and service.... but who knows, i may go back one day once i feel as though they've cleaned up their act.

Originally Posted by Shawn87
Whats this sstt, a different chip?
split second turbo timer (sstt) : it's just a mild tune to the turbos. about 40hp and 50ft-lbs (simple plug and play). they now have a newer one with a little more aggressive numbers.

although there's a similar unit by burger motorsports (juicebox +) that does the same thing and is about half the cost.

if u want a good list of performance options have a look here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90706

Originally Posted by Picus
I have performed no modifications of any kind to my car, particularly engine modifications or tuning.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
i liked the car for what it was.... my biggest beef was probably with the dealerships themselves. worst service i have ever seen out of a car brand. i also thought some parts within the car were of extremely low quality. ie... seemingly endless failing door locks/windows, paint chipping and peeling from interior buttons (i mean seriously infiniti? paint falling off?? ...and u won't even fix it under warranty? ). made me really wonder where else they skimped on parts... like engine, tranny? i simply just got tired of the monthly visits to the dealer.
I have to agree. When it came to service I wasnt impressed. I have dealt with 5 dealerships in the GTA and I would only recommend one... Oakville... and sadly I only went there to do the final touches for my car sale. the other 4, well minus one, sucked. The one was ok.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
335ci is my fav, not a fan of the 135 (too odd looking) I work near a Bimmer dealer in Waterloo so I see them all the time.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!