Canada Serving Canada.

BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!

So a while back I was looking into a different vehicle... G37S Coupe, BMW 135i, WRX, Camero (Seating and cockpit feel = Amazing in SS)... When i went to the BMW dealership, they told me about this chip that doesnt void warranty.

Stock specs on a BMW 135i are 300HP, same engine as in the 335i, but lighter design. With the DINAN chip, performance is boosted to 384HP and 421ft lbs/tq. These are crazy numbers. A new M3 only has 38 more hp than 135i w chip. The car handled unbelievably... Definitely 135i M Sport with Dinan chip could be a purchase in the future!

Anybody driven this car?

Attached Thumbnails BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!-2010-bmw-135i-sport.jpg   BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!-m-jpeg.jpg  

Last edited by Shawn87; 08-26-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 AM
For some reason the 1 series reminds me of a CRX.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Darqfallen
For some reason the 1 series reminds me of a CRX.
In pictures or real life?

Pictures dont do the car justice. And Definitely need the M Sport Package.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 AM
In real life. Whenever I pass a 1 series I just gawk at how it has the same back seats as a 350Z

(For those who do not understand sarcasm I mean it has practically no back seat.)

Old 08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Darqfallen
In real life. Whenever I pass a 1 series I just gawk at how it has the same back seats as a 350Z

(For those who do not understand sarcasm I mean it has practically no back seat.)
Considering the size, I found there was more back seat room than in my G. Especially head room. It looks tiny on the outside but surprisingly its very roomy on the inside front and back.

Obviously though if you have a family you would go with the 335i for the rear seat access but for a 2 door I was extremely impressed.

Compared to the 37, handling was far more superior as well.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've driven one going up a hill to drop back off to a customer, I was amazed at how it pulled, went home and did research and found out it had the same powerplant as the
335i, no wonder!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Shawn87
So a while back I was looking into a different vehicle... G37S Coupe, BMW 135i, WRX, Camero (Seating and cockpit feel = Amazing in SS)... When i went to the BMW dealership, they told me about this chip that doesnt void warranty.

Stock specs on a BMW 135i are 300HP, same engine as in the 335i, but lighter design. With the DINAN chip, performance is boosted to 384HP and 421ft lbs/tq. These are crazy numbers. A new M3 only has 38 more hp than 135i w chip. The car handled unbelievably... Definitely 135i M Sport with Dinan chip could be a purchase in the future!

Anybody driven this car?
Those numbers are at the crank. DINAN = Most expensive, least bang for your buck. Also BMW does not warranty DINAN tuned vehicles check e90post.com/1addicts.com for reference.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by 05G356MT
Those numbers are at the crank. DINAN = Most expensive, least bang for your buck. Also BMW does not warranty DINAN tuned vehicles check e90post.com/1addicts.com for reference.
Dinan products installed from a BMW Dinan dealer don't void the factory warranty. Budd's in Oakville is a certified dealer where I got the info and test drove the vehicle.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Shawn87
Dinan products installed from a BMW Dinan dealer don't void the factory warranty. Budd's in Oakville is a certified dealer where I got the info and test drove the vehicle.
Your right it doesn't void the warranty but if something breaks in the engine and is not directly caused by the tune well read this...

Dinan DOES in fact VOID the FACTORY BMW warranty for tha parts installed.

For example:

If the DINAN suspension is added, and a bracket breaks... it is NOT covered by BMW... but by the DINAN warranty (if you READ the literature, it says that DINAN MATCHES the BMW factory warranty)

If the window regulator breaks.. then BMW would pick up that warrantied part, as that is not DIRECTLY related to the part that failed.

where this gets a bit trickey is in the electrical side of things...

if a "chip" upgrade is made tothe car (lets say the engine stage 1 and air intake) , and the MAF sensor fails... who is responsible? BMW COULD say that the CAI caused the MAF to fail... DINAN can say that BMW has an inferior part and that the CAI did not cause the failure

NEITHER will pay the claim... so you cough up 400 for the part and fix... under factory warranty

In this case.. the Window would still be covered because not DIRECTLY related to the Air intake and "chip" upgrade.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by 05G356MT
Your right it doesn't void the warranty but if something breaks in the engine and is not directly caused by the tune well read this...
Ya that makes sense.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
honestly, i see maybe 4-8 135i series a day and i gotta say, its 1 UGLY CAR!! I'm sure the car is a very quick considering the 335i is truly amazing and the 135i is the same car but lighter. The only thing that attracts me whenever i see one is the HUGE *** REAR TIRES!

It reminds me of the VW rabbit.... small *** or to better compare the looks, the BMW 318ti ...

back then, they came out with something similar and trashed the project cuz .. you know... it looks like crap.... now they are coming out with the same thing with a modern design lol..
Maybe they will keep this line up because of the way the trends have changed... Small + Fast. Back then, it was about.. BIG + FAST..

seriously... Shawn... your going from a head turning sexy ride to THIS? This car doesn't even REPRESENT an image even close to the other cars on your list would. Camaro, G37S hands down.

and i'm not lying, atleast 90% of the 135i drivers i see everyday are female. I will even take pics to prove it...

Dont hate...:P

Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
The 135i is an ugly car. May have power but no matter how fast it is, it cannot outrun ugly.

I would do G37S or Camaro in a second over one.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
It's funny, but in a strange ugly duckling sort of way; I really like the 1 series.

As well, some amazing things can be done with that platform.
We had one out at our last track day & with a few basic mods (coilovers, chipped and R comps)
That guy was kicking everyones azz.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by t7n7
honestly, i see maybe 4-8 135i series a day and i gotta say, its 1 UGLY CAR!! I'm sure the car is a very quick considering the 335i is truly amazing and the 135i is the same car but lighter. The only thing that attracts me whenever i see one is the HUGE *** REAR TIRES!

It reminds me of the VW rabbit.... small *** or to better compare the looks, the BMW 318ti ...

back then, they came out with something similar and trashed the project cuz .. you know... it looks like crap.... now they are coming out with the same thing with a modern design lol..
Maybe they will keep this line up because of the way the trends have changed... Small + Fast. Back then, it was about.. BIG + FAST..

seriously... Shawn... your going from a head turning sexy ride to THIS? This car doesn't even REPRESENT an image even close to the other cars on your list would. Camaro, G37S hands down.

and i'm not lying, atleast 90% of the 135i drivers i see everyday are female. I will even take pics to prove it...

Dont hate...:P
I can make it look good... my G was gorgeous and body was stock.

I dont think its a 'chicks' car, obviously in white it clearly would be, or the conv. model.. Done right it would be a nice little sleeper, and a perfect daily driver as well as track car for fun the occasional weekend.

plus ita 384 HP!! smokes the 37 no prob, the Caymen And the EVO, i saw testing last night online. I think most people under-estimate.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if it's an issue for you but there have been questions raised about the twin turbo's reliability as well as many other issues. No car is perfect, but I'd personally avoid BMW. Even if you only own it while it's covered under warranty, it's no fun going to the dealer for repairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW 135i Dinan ... X1 now!!!!