Canada Serving Canada.

bmw 645ci, opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITS A POS .. dont buy it .. trust me i work on these things everyday .. quick lil info for you on maintaing one of those when its out of New Car Warranty, CPO Warranty or Maintence warranty.

Front brake job, pads, rotors, brake sensor and labor, is well over 1200 bucks. And BMW brake sensors squeak after around 6k miles with brand new pads.

TCU - Telematic Control Unit, controls your bluetooth and your BMW Assist, its in MOST bus loop, so when that thing take a crap, your whole audio and visual system takes a dump, TCU's are also known for causing a battery draw. Cost of a TCU, roughly 1k, plus labor for programing the WHOLE car.

Active Sway bars on that car leak like crazy. Cost of the sway bar, FRONT only 1500 bucks not incluidng labor, plus a liter of CHF11S (your power steering fluid) cost about 30-40 bucks for one liter, you might need 2

If your ever gonna get a BMW used, you must get a low mileage with CPO and Maintence. If you ever buy a new one lease it for 3 years and get rid of it.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I guess sux for you, almost 100,000K miles here and still haven't sat in a shop for more than just oil changes..

I do have a broken door lock actuator.. but i'm glad locks and window motors on the G won't cost $2,400 to fix like to 6 series lol.. Enjoy your 335, I wouldn't mind one if I have money to burn (and keep burning)

Originally Posted by giddyup69
how do u come to the conclusion that they are not reliable cars? because the one u were working on had water damage and the electric windows stopped working?

one of the reasons i bought an infiniti in the past is because i always thought that as a general rule, japanese cars simply had far better quality/reliability than any other manufacturer around. in fact i had an acura cls before my g35 and that car never saw a single problem before it was stolen.

the infitniti on the other hand was absolutely one of my worst all time car purchases in regards to quality/reliability. it had countless problems that the dealerships spent months fixing... it was in the shop every single month after a year and a half of ownership, and it was the shortest kept vehicle i have ever owned. when u work full time, a person doesn't have the patience to babysit a vehicle at the dealership every month so i had to ditch it.

i don't deny there is any one manufacturer that is perfect when it comes to quality and reliability, but to my eyes the difference between my current 335 and my past g35 is night and day.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:26 PM
if I went from an 05 g to an 08 335, it would be night and dAy for myself as well

Originally Posted by giddyup69
how do u come to the conclusion that they are not reliable cars? because the one u were working on had water damage and the electric windows stopped working?

one of the reasons i bought an infiniti in the past is because i always thought that as a general rule, japanese cars simply had far better quality/reliability than any other manufacturer around. in fact i had an acura cls before my g35 and that car never saw a single problem before it was stolen.

the infitniti on the other hand was absolutely one of my worst all time car purchases in regards to quality/reliability. it had countless problems that the dealerships spent months fixing... it was in the shop every single month after a year and a half of ownership, and it was the shortest kept vehicle i have ever owned. when u work full time, a person doesn't have the patience to babysit a vehicle at the dealership every month so i had to ditch it.

i don't deny there is any one manufacturer that is perfect when it comes to quality and reliability, but to my eyes the difference between my current 335 and my past g35 is night and day.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They remind me of my old Soarer.

I hated that car.

But from a reasonable standpoint, if you want a coupe, they are decent cars, but there are a few less problematic/finicky choices out there. Shop around some more.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It is a good price for that car, and I assume you might be able to negotiate down to 28~29k for that mileage.

However, my 2cents is that don't buy used European cars that are out of warranty unless if you know cars, and I mean mechanically. Otherwise, you will be looking at spending a lot of money to keep it going, especially if you are easily bugged by little issues.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I like the sl500's and 645s, but German cars and extended warranty always go in the same sentence...

Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I wonder how a AUTO 645 will hold up?

Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by huckersideways
They remind me of my old Soarer.

I hated that car.

But from a reasonable standpoint, if you want a coupe, they are decent cars, but there are a few less problematic/finicky choices out there. Shop around some more.
what do u mean here are a few less problematic/finicky choices out there.