Canada Serving Canada.

High Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
haha, It's not that it's a bad thing. But just be careful, the HKS is $1800 for a reason. The X02 (the other HKS knock off is on ebay for $250.... so this for double the price is definitely going to be high quality. But I suggest hunting for a used HKS.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha well too late now, its already in my house! lol
I was inspired by this guys ride and thought Topspeed was an original.

http://www.tunerzine.com/view_articl...-pride-and-joy

I also found some posts on our forum and its gotten mixed reviews by g35drivers

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...on-review.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...-bad-idea.html

In the end, I figured it wasn't a bad one for its price.
I'll post up pics when its installed =)

Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I am sure it will be fine exhaust is just pipes . i am in most cases against knock offs, simply due to the fact company A puts tons of $$$ in R&D and have to reflect that cost in the product they make. Company X comes along uses inferior materials and copys the design and sells it at a fraction of the price. The majority of people buy company Xs cheaper product company A goes bankrupt. A new model of car comes out there are no legit companys to develop products the knock off companys have nothing to copy so our scene dies out . this is extream but you get the idea.

I had a close friend of mine (Lyndon Rush the bobsleder) bought knock off cam gears for his freshly built subaru motor. The JUN gears were $1200 the knock offs were $400. He said the real ones were just out of his price range if they were close in cost he would have bought the JUN ones. He was driving to BC and the car quit and wouldn't start he found out the cam gears broke. He still is not sure the extent of the damage but the valves are bent and possibly lots of other damage from the pistons slamming into the valves . Like he said who would have guessed something like that could happen but the $800 extra for the real deal looks cheap now.

I have a knock off Nismo front bumper on my car but I hate fiberglass for front bumpers and that is all Nismo offers . I often can't afford the real deal stuff so I buy alot of stuff used that can bite you in the a$$ as well but I would risk buying used on parts that can fail.

I am not saying your car will blow up with the top speed exhaust i am not even focusing on the OP just generalizing so don't feel like I am beating you up on this or I think i am on my high horse. I am sure you will like the exhaust and no one will be negative towards you for it. You should be fine like I said its just pipes

The Orange show car that you saw the Top Speed exhaust on was likely sponsored I see he has all Top Speed exhaust parts as well as Top Speed stickers on show cars sticker usually = sponsor.

**rant over**

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 03-24-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have a good insight, I respect that... I love your car man its awesome, I was just at work today showing my friend pics of your ride from your profile its sooo crazy haha

and yeah its installed!

here are some pics from my bb!

it sounds deeep and lowwww!!!