Canada Serving Canada.

Careful what and how you post....apparently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Yep, fully maxed out every option M5 is like $113k
And dont forget the HST at 13%. Easily breaks the $120K mark.

I think it's funny how Americans try to correct us about pricing in the Canadian forum.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sacch
I just read all 28 pages on that bimmer forum... After lectures from many of the members, it seems as if Vlad quickly became aware of how serious the situation was and admitted he was wrong. He apologized about 20 times. I'm just surprised that the issue was escalated. As many members requested for the thread to be closed.
Looking back at it, I would say the lectures would have been forgotten easily, involving the police was definitely necessary to put an end to his reckless driving.

i think the problem was after every single bashing post he came back to say the last word again and again and again.

if he could have shut up first time and apologize and stop it there, i dont think it would have turned out the way it did. well that's what you get for being an idiot driver and take ur stupid behavior to a forum, giving out your specific location, and still continuing to argue and threatening people.

i seriously consider caryying a video camera with me to record whenever i saw an a**hole driving this way.

this spring a bimmer driver slowed down his car on the left lane down on don valley north to 40kms an hour when i was driving in a safe distance,following him in a safe distance. i seriously didnt understand why he would do this. well its same for a lot of gta drivers!

Old 09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Good catch, maybe these kids will stop trying to race on the streets.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Wow that is crazy, sorry had to post even though I do not live in Canada . I have an M5 I have no need to drive like a crazy man to prove it can go fast.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^wow the stupidity of this guy amazes me.

summary: the guy posts his videos of him going around 195mph on freeway as a promotion to sell his car.

"If you're gonna speed on public streets don't tape it. If you do tape it, don't upload it to YouTube with the title "1000+ HP Corvette Doing 195+ mph." Otherwise, you'll end up in handcuffs like this 30-year-old from Oklahoma.

30-year-old Cody Replogle was hoping to sell his extensively modified Corvette and used the YouTube videos of himself supposedly going 195 mph around Oklahoma City freeways as some sort of enticement to would-be buyers who might be impressed by how easy it is to be a complete and utter moron in the car.

Replogle's original videos linked to this eBay Motors listing, which describes the car as a one-off blown 'Vette with $60K worth of upgrades. On the listing he brags about his speeding exploits:

Here are two more videos of in the car that I took today.
This one is getting onto the highway and climbing to about 160. (dead video link)
This one is getting onto the turnpike and climing over 195+ mph. I was in 5th gear and still had some gear left. It still has 6th gear also. It was a constant acceleration all the way as you can see. This car will easily go well over 200 mph if you are crazy enough and have the stomach for it. (dead video link)

He attempted to sell the car with a buy-it-now price of $26K but the highest bid of $15K didn't meet the reserve price and the auction ended unsuccessfully earlier this month. Someone saw the video on his now empty YouTube page and called the police. It didn't take long for the Oklahoma City PD to get him to confess to owning the car, speeding, and then posting the video to YouTube.

Replogle pulled all his videos down, but we were able to locate the one where he brags he's going 195 mph. We called the number Replogle has listed on his eBay listing and left a message. We've received no response.

There are many lessons here, but the most important one is this: if he did this on a track he'd have maybe sold his car and not ended up going to jail. Now he potentially might have to sell the car for a low price just to cover his legal bills. (Hat tip to James!)"

videos are in the link.