Canada Serving Canada.

Need help. Imported G35 From US, can't get Daytime running lights installed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help. Imported G35 From US, can't get Daytime running lights installed...

Hey everyone,

I recently imported my 2006 G35 Coupe from the U.S. into Southern Ontario.

Everything went fine up until recently during my pursuit to get someone to install the Daytime running lights (the only modification I'll need to complete to pass inspection).

My local Canadian Tire did my initial assessment and explained I should go to Nissan to complete the work, however my local Nissan dealer refuses the job, stating they've never done it before and that the wiring is too difficult.

If anyone could direct me to a service center or mechanic in Southern Ontario that definitely can accomplish this task, or a location where you've previously had this work done, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to keep my search between Oshawa and Kingston if at all possible, but willing to travel further if need be.

Thanks a million in advance,
Andrew

Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Nissan/Infiniti should have a module they plug in for the DRL, I cant see why they would refuse the job. Have you tried another dealer?
You could also just as easily use the DRL module from cdn tire made by hamsar I believe, that is what I used on mine to pass inspection.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I created a How to for the canadian tire Hamsar unit but it was for my 2004 and I believe the lights changed in 2006 so I'm not sure how much help it would be to you. However I don't see why canadian tire can't install the hamsar unit for you no problem. Or just find yourself a better dealership...They were being dik's clearly!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
email KP tech they have a module that keeps the fogs on seperate from the headlights...i would think that might count as drl and kp tech should have some kind of module for keeping the citylights on all the time of something... they have great products.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put tape over the light sensor and leave the stick on auto.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just did this mod with a friend just google it and the whole procedure pops up. i think it was on a 350z site as well. it only cost us $35 in parts and about an hour to do...and of course beer!

it was super simple.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I have done several friends 350z's for DRL's and on them i have just done igition to parklights in the drivers kick through a relay and diode isolated. all you need to do this is a multimeter, a relay, larger diode bit of wire, solder and tape. it can easily be done in about 15 min.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by jonny_q
I have done several friends 350z's for DRL's and on them i have just done igition to parklights in the drivers kick through a relay and diode isolated. all you need to do this is a multimeter, a relay, larger diode bit of wire, solder and tape. it can easily be done in about 15 min.
we went in thru the engine bay fusebox with ours but this way works just as well.

there are many options for you to do... its just not worth taking it to the dealer and them charge you $500+.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I am trying to import my car to Canada as well and have run into this problem. Is there any how to on this get this working? If I were to take the light sensor, I have no clue where the sensor is for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PK

Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
I used most of the instructions from the last post in this thread on my 06 G Coupe, some of the wires were tough to get to, but total cost < $10.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/350z-dayt...s-t242123.html

Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently bought a truck(tractor) in the US, the DLR's are the only thing holding me back. But i will be completing that today at the Kenworth dealership for about $300. They are basically installing a module that provides about 20-40% power to the lights. Just remember guys you have about 45 days to get everything completed or RIV may deem the vehicle unfit to be in canada.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What I did:

Go to Princess Auto, get a relay ($7) a cheap fog light kit ($18) and an add a circuit connector ($5).

Pull your washer fluid reservoir fuse, plug your your "add a circuit" socket in and you have a trigger for your fog lights when the ACC (or ignition is on). Then all you ned to do is ground the relay and get it power from the battery. Works great, is safe, and can be removed easly.

Took me about one hour to do it all up, and the all the wiring came with the fog lights.
This is the add a circuit connector:

http://www.cooperbussmann.com/images...86ccd13aad.JPG

The best thing is that you don't cut or modify any of the OEM wiring.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:17 AM
I purchased a 2006 G35 from the states as well and when I got it certified from Canadian Tire I just put my pack of smokes on top of the sensor to activate the lights when the testing was being done.. You need to make sure the lights are turned to Auto.. You dont need to spend the money to get the daytime running lights on as you just need the green light from CT. Believe me its super easy!!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^so you don't have DRL's? I prefer to be safer.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^+1 I agree with Deane, DTRLs are so much safer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help. Imported G35 From US, can't get Daytime running lights installed...