Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^whs

Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
And if they got a hefty fine and a couple of months in jail they would still have the freedom to do the same thing again. Hopefully this clown losing his Ferrari might make him think twice about doing it again.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Oh Im not requiring a couple months of jail, it should be years... like 5.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YeloFva
125mph in a 60 is pretty over the top. I wonder if they had a choice? Like 12 months in prison or get your car impounded.
so um, the speed limit is usually around 60 when i'm doing over 100, kinda have to move to germany now don't i?

there is nobody on this board who hasn't gone over 100 at some point in their life, and i'm just going to guess the speed limit wasn't 120.....

Old 11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My wife lost her Dad to a drunk, speeding driver.
Such driver's rights and property aren't in her mind's forefront.

We have to stop the carnage somehow. If it means harsher measures, then so be it.

C.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
the driver gets 30% of the price of the car and the 2nd owner gets 50% thats 70% back...so they can easily go out and buy another one...they pretty much just bought the car from them...

Its interesting... Meaning that of the $235,000 X 70 % there getting back $164,500 .... Like someone else said there probably just going to go around and buy another one... i know its an 08 but you can pick up an 07 F430 for around 175K and even if you do buy another f430 scuderia for an 08 its around $215,000 ( based on prices from autotrader ) ... I dont know i think that there probably not hurt too much by the lose if that is the case ( getting back 70% ) .... Just my opinion

Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherOAKg
I dunno about you guys I'd rather lose my precious vehicle than be some bodies bitch in jail for 3 months.

You watch too many movies, I have seen several prisons they are more like country clubs. It is not like they put traffic offenders in with serial killers. The prison I have seen in Yellow Knife NWT looked like a place i wouldn't want to be but it was a max security where the inmates were locked down most of the day the cells each have a TV but about 6 guys/cell. Boden Min security here in Alberta would be a nice place to stay for some R&R they have their own rooms and are free to walk about the grounds during the day. Also if you end up in jail for 3 months on traffic related offenses due to over crowding of real criminals you will be out in less than 2 weeks.

Red35 and i discussed this the other day, they were on a dead end road out of the way they were not racing down town Vancouver. It just happened some broad and her kids were walking along the road. I do understand it is illegal and they got caught and deserve to be punished but I still don't agree with taking away your assets. They don't take criminal offenders houses away from them!?! I guess if your street racing it is best to have a large loan out on your car so you get the majority of the money back.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...,40.53,,0,1.12

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-29-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
....no, but they do take their guns.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Traveling Administrator
^ Exactly Ian. You use something that can potentially be a deadly weapon, I see no issues with it being taken away from you. Sorry, no sympathy here for these two clowns.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
"...some broad and her kids..."

wow

Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I have several cars, and more firearms. Essentially I have a mass of potentially deadly weapons. Does that mean I don't have the right to them as did those two individuals? Seeing I have the same rights as them, just as does everyone here, they're saying we may have our rights forefit at any time. There's a very fine line that they being the government officials in this situation crossed. Fast car or not, the offenders have the potential to do it again. Period. They may think twice, but having their cars taken away is only a minor inconvenience compared to jail time, a criminal record, and major fines.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by forweareLegion
So I have several cars, and more firearms. Essentially I have a mass of potentially deadly weapons. Does that mean I don't have the right to them as did those two individuals? Seeing I have the same rights as them, just as does everyone here, they're saying we may have our rights forefit at any time. There's a very fine line that they being the government officials in this situation crossed. Fast car or not, the offenders have the potential to do it again. Period. They may think twice, but having their cars taken away is only a minor inconvenience compared to jail time, a criminal record, and major fines.
IMHO, you lose the right to possess your guns or cars when you use them in a way that can potentially kill an innocent person(s). Don't mistake the right to possess a fast car or a firearm with having it and using it in an illegal and deadly way. Two totally different things.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

I still wouldn't be inclined to take away their assets, seeing as they aren't dangerous offenders. Inconvinience is what you should cause a person such as the offenders. Perhaps so much so that they have to sell their cars on their own terms. Not have an overzealous government capitalize on them. But it is what it is, and there's nothing any of us can do about it. Nor are any of us likely to sway what our leadership does in the future. The end.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by forweareLegion
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

I still wouldn't be inclined to take away their assets, seeing as they aren't dangerous offenders. Inconvinience is what you should cause a person such as the offenders. Perhaps so much so that they have to sell their cars on their own terms. Not have an overzealous government capitalize on them. But it is what it is, and there's nothing any of us can do about it. Nor are any of us likely to sway what our leadership does in the future. The end.
Aren't dangerous offenders?? Are you kidding me? Driving 200 km/h on public roads is most definitely a dangerous offender IMHO. You lose a family member to one of these idiots and I'm sure you'll feel differently.

And like guns, cars don't kill people either.......it's the douchebags that make the decision to use them in a dangerous way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street Racers lose their cars - Ferrari and M6