Canada Serving Canada.

Street Racers lose their cars - Ferrari and M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Street racing and texting(mind you is still legal in most parts of US) are completely different. Your losing sight of what hes saying to try and prove your point. Yes, a crash at 60 is a lot different then at 120. Dont know the science your talking about here can i get a link or proof that once your over a certain limit it has the same effect?

Drug dealers and others use perfectly fine money to purchase goods. Does that mean they shouldnt be confiscated because the money is good?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this happened in north vancouver. mount seymour is a local ski hill. while the road up to it is not subject to high traffic, it is criss crossed with popular hiking and mountain biking trails. many of which are popular with young families since hiking and biking are one of the few affordable activities to partake in around here. while i may not necessarily agree with permanent car impoundment by police agencies, i certainly agree with nailing these spoiled brats with a long-term driving ban and a heavy fine, up to and including jail time as well, depending on past histories.

in BC we are facing a sudden rise with policing power. the blood alcohol limit is still .08, however recent regulations alow a cop to impound vehicles at 0.05. no judge, no lawyer, guilty as charged and no chance to "prove" innocence. i know this is bit off topic, but out here we are becoming sensitive police matters.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Of course I bring up family in this type of a thread as this who is typically affected in careless incidents like this. If you suggest that because this happened on a "obscure mountain road", it means that it's more safe, I would disagree. As remote of an area it was, they still almost hit innocent people.

We obviously have different views on the subject so I won't beat a dead horse any longer.

Your right clearly we are not going to agree on this .

Your right we are beating a dead horse, but I will say racing on a remote road would be much safer than racing on a busy street or hiway. If you racing on a 5km street with 10 other cars and 20 pedestrians your odds of killing some one if you lose control are significantly higher than killing someone if you lose control on a 50km road with 3 pedestrians on it

I have no more arguments because no what we are not getting close to seeing each others side, although I do understand what your saying and i agree the actions were not acceptable but there are far worse crimes committed everyday that don't seem to get the attention or the punishment this did

However time to hug it out and let it go.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-30-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
im sure the guy will get a good attorney and work things out. never heard about the punishment before. but interesting say the least.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
IMHO, you lose the right to possess your guns or cars when you use them in a way that can potentially kill an innocent person(s). Don't mistake the right to possess a fast car or a firearm with having it and using it in an illegal and deadly way. Two totally different things.
+1,000,000.
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
...Out of your 6,700 posts I bet less than 200 of them are useful. Or even contribute to the discussion at hand.
I'll put my record up against yours any day. What's the matter, feeling bad cause you aren't special and unique?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
At least we can afford our homes, unlike so many Americans.

Originally Posted by HomieG35
Fake. They must have worked in America. Canucks can not afford these cars. (And I won't even add in an "eh".)

Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
C'mon guys, you're gitten way off topic and personal. Let's agree to disagree and move on to other topics that we can flame each other about like:
-why black is the best/hottest colour for a G
-who needs winter tires when they have all seasons
-what is the best excuse for getting 160 km/h reduced to 15 over
-which exhaust has the best sound WOT
- just cuz they look good are they really worth it
It's pouring here and cold. Have a great day.
Pollyanna

Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
don't let your head get too swelled.
≠ serious

Old 11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RBulls comment made me lol profusely. I have yet to see a ghost town actually built within the last 30 years in canadia.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
while i may not necessarily agree with permanent car impoundment by police agencies, i certainly agree with nailing these spoiled brats with a long-term driving ban and a heavy fine, up to and including jail time as well, depending on past histories.
I like this better. Temporary impoundment, stiff fines, license suspension, I'm 100% behind all of that. Confiscation and sale of property I'm not so keen on; better to make the penalties such that maybe they have to sell their cars to pay for the fines. This sort of penalty smacks of reverse-elitism -- you have fancy cars so we're going to take them away and sell them. What if they were racing their beaters up there, the police could confiscate those and the guys would just laugh and walk away. Very uneven justice for the same behaviour.

I actually don't mind the idea of the penalty being linked to ability to pay. Remember the guy in Sweden or somewhere who had to pay like 3 million? Trouble with that is, I'm sure it's a large overhead to find out every speeder's net worth so he or she can be fined appropriately.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
At least we can afford our homes, unlike so many Americans.
LOL... very true. At least it gives us canadians a chance to swoop in and buy their homes from for 1/10th the price when they are on foreclosure.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
And I love how you took mine so seriously.

Originally Posted by HomieG35
Lol... I love how you guys actually felt the need to take my comment seriously.

American: 1
Canucks: -2 sports cars

Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
+1,000,000.

I'll put my record up against yours any day. What's the matter, feeling bad cause you aren't special and unique?

Special and unique you are those for sure, others have discussion whether we agree or not we are debating you post drivel. You are unique

I have noticed lately you have have tons of pointless posts, you seem sad sorry i will let you continue to run your worthless post count up without further interruption!! Continue being special and unique

Homie we don't take your comments personally we just laugh because Americans have ridiculous stereotypes of us....but going with stereotypes we are all pretty laid back in our section

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-30-2010 at 10:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street Racers lose their cars - Ferrari and M6