Canada Serving Canada.

Who else is refusing to put on winters??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice machine. Required equipment in the GWN.

My craftsman was started, oil changed, lubed etc about 4 weeks ago. Ready for the major onslaught expected this year.

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
...not a snow plow, but a new snow blower.

Today was the last straw.
My old blower has been a PITA for the last 3-4 yrs.
I picked up a new Ariens
This thing is a dream compared to the old one.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
You should have great luck with the Ariens, looks the same as mine. I'm on my second Ariens, the first one I used for 25 years and sold it to get a new one. It never let me down.
^Thanks Wayne, that's good to know.
One other person recommended them as well.

Originally Posted by RBull
Very nice machine. Required equipment in the GWN.

My craftsman was started, oil changed, lubed etc about 4 weeks ago. Ready for the major onslaught expected this year.
My old one has been pretty rough for a few years now.
It was always taking 6 or more pulls to kick over.
It started OK in September, so I thought I might limp through with it one more year.

LOL.... it didn't make 10' yesterday before succumbing in a cacophony of crashing metal bits traveling in uncontrolled trajectories to parts unknown.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Rated M

A year ago I wore out the starter rope on mine. I managed to shorten and rewind it since I didn't want to spend $100+ for the whole new one piece rope/recoil. Since it's shorter I decided to succumb to always using the electric start anyhow.

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^Thanks Wayne, that's good to know.
One other person recommended them as well.

My old one has been pretty rough for a few years now.
It was always taking 6 or more pulls to kick over.
It started OK in September, so I thought I might limp through with it one more year.

LOL.... it didn't make 10' yesterday before succumbing in a cacophony of crashing metal bits traveling in uncontrolled trajectories to parts unknown.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Thanks Bill, she had some surgery on one of her lungs and then the next day she had to get some emergency surgery. She is on the mend now, just waiting for the go ahead to get out and go home (they figure another week) . We had a few very scary days for sure. But it is good now.
Glad to hear that your wife is doing better, Gee. Hope she heals up well!

Not Canada, but North Dakota, Canada's limb that dips in the US (as I call it ) has gotten a good bit of snow. Heres a pic I took the other day of the G after giving it a bath. You can see the snow build up in the back ground.

The Continental ExtremeWinterContacts are doing beautifully. I never knew a RWD car could get around as well as this. I am truly baffled.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I Finally changed the newer Blizzaks I bought and put them on my winter wheels yesterday, today I just got a nail stuck in one of them

Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Speaking of winter, I have been in London Ontario for just over a week. I have never in my life seen such a useless system as far as snow plowing and snow removal goes.
Heck they shut their transit system down again today. It will be shutdown till thursday and it is only Tues afternoon. I walk to the hospital 3 times a day to visit my wife, I have to walk on the roads because they don't seem to use sidewalk plows, I walk through snow piled as deep as 3 feet to get to the Hospital.
My town gets snow worse than this fairly regular and I have never seen roads o sidewalks like this.
Thank God I don't live in London. Hopefully I will be leaving this quagmire of snow covered ****e by the end of the week.

Sorry for ranting.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Rated M

Hard not to rant when you're living away from in that kind of conditions and waiting for your wife after a major surgery.

Sure doesn't sound like they have their act together at all, although I won't say it's great around here either.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Speaking of winter, I have been in London Ontario for just over a week. I have never in my life seen such a useless system as far as snow plowing and snow removal goes.
.....Sorry for ranting.
Wow, that's surprising Wayne.
With the amount of snow they usually get, you'd think they would have a good clearing system.