Canada Serving Canada.

Rant about 401..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2010 | 10:03 PM
^^^ For the most part yes ... Unless your on the 401 between bathurst and 404 heading east 401 ... Lots of gouges in the road... For my previous coupe my first set of wheels i dented my front rightside wheel and ripped the tire after driving over it...

Old 12-12-2010 | 10:13 PM
I avoid potholes like there's no tomorrow, have no choice. There are so many here and it's not a laughing matter. Someone who was following once said I hit a sewer system cover...yikes!! It was sticking up a bit and I passed it in between the wheels. It hit the undertray.

Old 12-13-2010 | 08:55 AM
Don't expect improvements anytime ever. The provincial and federal govn't p!ss away our tax dollars on scandalous fighter jet contracts, construction contracts (where money is repaid to the same contractors over and over again to repair the same piece of road), and in many other areas. Things that can actually prevent accidents and save lives like road reflectors (like what they have in the USA) won't be implemented here, especially on super busy 16 lane wide highways like the 401.

I am sick of tax dollars being p!ssed away, with everyone in general being happy with higher taxes annually. Counting my days until I move to the USA. And free health care be damned - be well educated and skilled, get a good job down south with good benefits and Canada immediately looks like a 3rd world country.

Old 12-13-2010 | 09:53 AM
|
Originally Posted by kingrukus
Don't expect improvements anytime ever. The provincial and federal govn't p!ss away our tax dollars on scandalous fighter jet contracts, construction contracts (where money is repaid to the same contractors over and over again to repair the same piece of road), and in many other areas. Things that can actually prevent accidents and save lives like road reflectors (like what they have in the USA) won't be implemented here, especially on super busy 16 lane wide highways like the 401.

I am sick of tax dollars being p!ssed away, with everyone in general being happy with higher taxes annually. Counting my days until I move to the USA. And free health care be damned - be well educated and skilled, get a good job down south with good benefits and Canada immediately looks like a 3rd world country.

I couldn't agree more about tax dollars being wasted. I have been totally creamed this year by the government. As some of you know I've been working my a$$ off missing out on time with my wife and friends 6-7 days a week. I've paid more taxes this year than any other year and I feel its all wasted on retarded spending and private jets for the premier to go on golf dates. Just talking about it gets my blood boiling.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Canada, always have. I appreciate our health care system, schools and just being a safe country overall but I feel its once high reputation is diminishing

Old 12-13-2010 | 10:17 AM
^^ It's very true .

Old 12-13-2010 | 12:16 PM
with the tax brackets and the increasing rates, its hard to find the incentive to work for more where you know you would be taxed higher and end up getting same.

the inflation rate in ontario i think was around 4-5%, plus every year we get new taxes for GTA, cost of living is hugely increasing. my pay never got adapted to the inflation. i dunno how long the citizens can take this, the Canadian dream for me is fading every year.

Old 12-13-2010 | 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by musti82
with the tax brackets and the increasing rates, its hard to find the incentive to work for more where you know you would be taxed higher and end up getting same.

the inflation rate in ontario i think was around 4-5%, plus every year we get new taxes for GTA, cost of living is hugely increasing. my pay never got adapted to the inflation. i dunno how long the citizens can take this, the Canadian dream for me is fading every year.
Wait until people that have been dumping 100k's in their rrsp hit 60 and realize they are being taxed a higher rate then when they put it in.