The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Now I'm pissed... F#$%ing Grubbs Infinit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm pissed... F#$%ing Grubbs Infinit!

[rant on]
Took my 05 coupe (only 4000 miles) in for service to get the radio replaced and some of the rattles taken care of. Got a call from my service writer once they were done telling me they had a small "accident" in the shop. Apparently some genius was installing something in the ceiling in the service bay, and dropped a wrench that managed to land right on my hood. Just wonderful... way to be congnisant of your surroundings! Anyway, they told me they'd take care of it, and get it fixed where I'd never notice. Well a week later (today) I go pick up my car. I didn't really get a chance to inspect it before I left, as it's raining and crappy outside, and I really couldn't get a good look at it. So I get home, and look at it now that the car is all dry, and sure as ****, I can see right where the damn dent was. Great job taking care of your customer and making things right. Left a message for my service advisor. He's not going to enjoy my next conversation with him at all. What a complete crock of ****.
[rant off]

Old 12-20-2005, 06:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Tell them you're not happy and you want a new hood.....
C.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles

JM2C....but give him a chance to make it right b4 you light a fuse under him.
You might get better results & save yourself an ulcer.

If he doesn't do the right thing,....then by all means give him both barrels

Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r

That's the plan. I'm going to explain to him that I was able to pick out where the damage was done instantly when I went to look for it, and that's unacceptable. I'm pretty pissed that he would even let the car out the door looking like that (after telling me on the phone that I would never be able to tell it even happened, no less). But I'm going to give them once chance to make it right. But just one.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Good luck & be sure to let us know how you make out.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Definitely see to it that you get a new hood. That is complete BS if the dent marking is still visible. You will get a new hood and if the dealer doesn't agree, take the matter over to Infiniti consumer affairs. At least it happened on an easily replaceable hood than the roof of the car.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear about that. At least, and I'm not trying to defend or justify their mistakes, they told you about it. I've heard horror stories about dealers causing damage and trying to cover it up without ever telling the customer. Good luck. I hope it works out for you in the end.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by jrmcm
[rant on]
Took my 05 coupe (only 4000 miles) in for service to get the radio replaced and some of the rattles taken care of. Got a call from my service writer once they were done telling me they had a small "accident" in the shop. Apparently some genius was installing something in the ceiling in the service bay, and dropped a wrench that managed to land right on my hood. Just wonderful... way to be congnisant of your surroundings! Anyway, they told me they'd take care of it, and get it fixed where I'd never notice. Well a week later (today) I go pick up my car. I didn't really get a chance to inspect it before I left, as it's raining and crappy outside, and I really couldn't get a good look at it. So I get home, and look at it now that the car is all dry, and sure as ****, I can see right where the damn dent was. Great job taking care of your customer and making things right. Left a message for my service advisor. He's not going to enjoy my next conversation with him at all. What a complete crock of ****.
[rant off]
Always the naysayer I am.

It's the dealership's responsibility to make it right, but it's your responsibility to make sure it's done to your satisfaction before you drive it off the lot. Cursing the dealership doesn't do any good - if it wasn't right you never should have taken it home in the first place.

If it were me, I would have told them car better be clean and ready for my inspection under bright lights (maintenance bay or delivery area would be nice) and would have given it a 'gnats a$$' look over before I left. I live in the pacific north west and it rains 24/7. It wouldn't have mattered.

I'm sure they'll take care of you - just tell them you're not happy with the work and tell them what you expect them to do to make it so. Grubbs does a lot of business and from what I've read doesn't have a bad reputation when it comes to customer service. I'm sure they'll fix you up. Cursing your service manager out will really motivate him to give you good service, and get you taken care of. I'm always inclined to be helpful when someone comes in and rips me a new one.

You can express your displeasure without making it personal - this usually works very well for me.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r

Totally agree with this approach.

Good luck JM2C and keep us posted.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Always the naysayer I am.

It's the dealership's responsibility to make it right, but it's your responsibility to make sure it's done to your satisfaction before you drive it off the lot. Cursing the dealership doesn't do any good - if it wasn't right you never should have taken it home in the first place.

If it were me, I would have told them car better be clean and ready for my inspection under bright lights (maintenance bay or delivery area would be nice) and would have given it a 'gnats a$$' look over before I left. I live in the pacific north west and it rains 24/7. It wouldn't have mattered.

I'm sure they'll take care of you - just tell them you're not happy with the work and tell them what you expect them to do to make it so. Grubbs does a lot of business and from what I've read doesn't have a bad reputation when it comes to customer service. I'm sure they'll fix you up. Cursing your service manager out will really motivate him to give you good service, and get you taken care of. I'm always inclined to be helpful when someone comes in and rips me a new one.

You can express your displeasure without making it personal - this usually works very well for me.
Agreed, but they should still take care of it. I'd be so pissed.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Just take a deep breath and relax, some of you guys run on such a short fuse it's rediculous. Accidents happen, Just be polite and ask that they fix it again, or purchase you a new hood. Bad tempers never make a good showing in court, should this escalate to that level.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.