Canada Serving Canada.

What to do? Gladly listen to opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Also listen to Ian about buying his DPE's someone should shoot the guy who signed off on using those FUGLY stock wheels, the 07' - 08's were WAY better.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Nice Paul!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra HP on the 37 manual its gotta be a noticable difference.

BTW why would you let Infiniti take your car to get tinted? they'll charge you an extra $100. more just to drive it down to the local tint shop, my Bro worked a a detailing place and frequently pick up new cars from getting tinted to do a detail.

Let me guess tinting cost you $300. +
- I'm looking fwd to it
- I'm not sure of their tint cost. After I made a car deal that I could live with that's when I said I wanted tints included and they eventually said ok. At first they said they can't iclude it because it's $450 but eventually they ok'd it. They still made money...they always do.

Paul about your vid of the pre-prepped G, what did you expect for the car to be sitting in a warehouse away from all the elements?? the thing has been sitting in a field (or in your case under a tree) for months hence the reason the deal is so sweet. This is the reason why the dealer doesn't usually get you to come look at the car before its prepped and ready for delivery.......geez I wont mention to you what dealers do if the car gets scratched or dented before delivery you'll have a heart attack.
I expected it cleaner. There were 20 other new cars (white film on them) sitting there that were not like this. They told me, last Thursday, that it was going in for Tints, Friday 14th. I guess I expected to see a clean Black G37s with 20% tints in their lot on Sunday.
I'm fairly confident now that it will be in perfect condition Saturday morning.
Stephan will be going over it with clay, polish and sealant anyway. If he finds anything 'fishy' like a wax filler he will let me know.

The deal is sweet right now because Infiniti is offering $3000 off (Factory to Dealer rebate to Aug 2) which I do not consider part of the negotiation. I took that plus another big chunk from their markup.

Also listen to Ian about buying his DPE's someone should shoot the guy who signed off on using those FUGLY stock wheels, the 07' - 08's were WAY better.
I agree, unfortunately we dont have the option wheel package that our U.S. friends do. Ians DPE's are definately sweet but not really the style I'm looking for. I'll could end up with G37s coupe 19's

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Paul the Coupe 19"s would definitely look nice!

Ian's wheels are a nice style wheel but the lack of a front lip is the only thing that I'm not crazy about.....what a deal though.

Last edited by G-MAN (CANADA); 07-21-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm not getting the car tomorrow morning.

The dealer phones me at 5pm today and tells me their 'detailer' (term used very loosly here) just noticed a scratch in the front bumper and they will replace it on Monday for pickup.
How much time does it take to swap out a bumper. He said they have another OB G37 Sport (auto) on the lot.

He clearly sensed my disappointment over the phone when I asked, "why are you detailing it in the final hour before a scheduled delivery when you have had the car for 10 days?

He said they will make it up to me. I smell an Aero front chin spoiler, at below cost, in the air. (or at the very least a free mug, lol)

Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35

The dealer phones me at 5pm today and tells me their 'detailer' (term used very loosly here) just noticed a scratch in the front bumper and they will replace it on Monday for pickup.
How much time does it take to swap out a bumper. He said they have another OB G37 Sport (auto) on the lot.

He clearly sensed my disappointment over the phone when I asked, "why are you detailing it in the final hour before a scheduled delivery when you have had the car for 10 days?

He said they will make it up to me. I smell an Aero front chin spoiler, at below cost, in the air. (or at the very least a free mug, lol)
Aero Spoiler all the way, Don't accept no free SS mugs or bottles of wine, spoiler all the way Bonus

Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
The spoiler would go a long way towards making it up. Winter mats? GL

Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 AM
OK all...she's arrived
https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...-she-last.html

BTW - they decided to throw in oil changes for as long as I'll have the new car (again) and as a gift gave me a beautiful 'mahogany looking' wooden wine box kit with a nice Merlot. I'll snap a pic of it later.
As far as the front chin spoiler, Raj wasn't aware it was an accessory offered by Infiniti. He hasn't sold any. That's good for me as I won't be seeing them all over the place if I have one. He thought it was only for the IPL. He is seeing if he can sell it to me at cost so I will know in a day or two. David (forum Infiniti parts guy) has a good price on the Aero chin though, so I may end up getting it through him.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sounds good Paul,
is the wine box like this:

Should get these too:

Definitely work on that spoiler, it is the best bang for the buck as far as appearance goes.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
Sounds good Paul,
is the wine box like this:

Definitely work on that spoiler, it is the best bang for the buck as far as appearance goes.
That's the one, lol.
Thanks for saving me some pic posting time Wayne.
I won't rest until I have that new chin.