Canada Serving Canada.

M35, M45 Report Toronto Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
and a few more>>>

Attached Thumbnails M35, M45 Report Toronto Star-mini-m45-6.jpg   M35, M45 Report Toronto Star-mini-m45-7.jpg   M35, M45 Report Toronto Star-mini-m45-8.jpg  
Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Talking The Yummy M

Good Stuff Colin, your ride will be even more awesome with the kit, it sure doesn't take you long with the mods. Looking forward to seeing the real thing.
Are you going to beat me with the break in time?

Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Good Stuff Colin, your ride will be even more awesome with the kit, it sure doesn't take you long with the mods. Looking forward to seeing the real thing.
Are you going to beat me with the break in time?
Hey Wayne, I'll not likely beat you on break-in......I don't drive much in the snowy weather.....on the other hand you seem right at home in the stuff.
I don't have my snows on yet. I'm still recovering from all the excitement.

C.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am feeling the new M as well. Maybe I am getting old and dont mind not having manual for my next car.........WTF did I just say?

Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gsedanman
I just heard from Jerry Liu at Yorkville Infiniti in Toronto and he's ordering a kit for me -- minus the trunk lip. It's not available yet.
Here's what my M will look like in a week or 2: this kit sets off the car so well. It almost looks boring without it.......>>>

Yes Yes Yes
I totally agree with your choice on the kit. It really adds a serious performance feel in addition to the expensive luxury sedan look.

Good choice.

Deane

Old 03-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Hey Colin;
You have lots of cash on hand to pay for chiropractic bills?????

hehehe..... You're going to need some, to fix all the snapped necks
of the peeps as you drive by with this ride

Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Hey Colin;
You have lots of cash on hand to pay for chiropractic bills?????

hehehe..... You're going to need some, to fix all the snapped necks
of the peeps as you drive by with this ride

hahahah.....I agree......people will be doing some serious rubbernecking when you drive by, thats for sure!!

Old 03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
O.F. Administrator
Hahaha, yeh haven't we all done that from time to time.....I do it every time I see a 'G'...
Maybe I should put a disclaimer on the bumpers that I won't be held liable for any overexuberant neck snapping.

Seriously tho, I don't think it's any more 'flash' than the G-cars, and perhaps a little less conservative than the Coupe.

Some may feel the size of the M is a little less attractive, along with its heft. Tho from what little I've experienced so far, its size and weight hasn't affected the handling badly at all. I'm amazed at how nimble a 4000 lb ride can be.

Yeh it's attractive and the new Aero kit will improve her looks even more, but I doubt it'll affect the G's admirers much.
Thanks for the kudos tho....It helps me somewhat justify the extra cost, as well as the tech features of all the toys on her. Sure keeps me occupied.
If the truth were known, the more I learn about this ride, the more I realize how amazing it is, and the less deserving I feel I am. It really is much more than I need but man, I sure like this ride. I haven't felt this way about a car b4.
One thing I am reasonably sure of is that the 'shine' won't wear off this car very quickly.--- I think I've finally found the ride I've been searching for.
Thanks again for all your encouragement.....

When I get some free time, I'll post a more detailed write-up on all the features (once I learn them better. ) ..
First, tho, I'd better get with it and put my snows on b4 I get in trouble. I've got the use of my bro's Solara while its up for sale so I'm 'cheating' right now and using it on crummy days.

Another topic of conversation here lately is my planned trip to the east coast this summer. It looks like early June is best from my standpoint, barring that, it'll have to be late summer. The old friend from England in Lunenburg runs a B&B (Pelham House) and apparantly is very busy from late June to early September.
So more on that later with you east-coasters.....

Colin.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
First, tho, I'd better get with it and put my snows on b4 I get in trouble. I've got the use of my bro's Solara while its up for sale so I'm 'cheating' right now and using it on crummy days.
Colin.
Colin
I hope you get those snows on before Monday or I hope it doesn't snow. I know inTgr8r and I are looking forward to seeing your awesome ride and all it's toys. We don't want to see your bro's old Solara.
Wayne

Old 03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Colin
I hope you get those snows on before Monday or I hope it doesn't snow. I know inTgr8r and I are looking forward to seeing your awesome ride and all it's toys. We don't want to see your bro's old Solara.
Wayne
Wayne--
Haha, I understand bro. You think I'd show up to a 'G' & 'M' meet driving a Toyota??????????? Shake you head. Never never never.
That would be stretching the friendship wouldn't it.....
I'll be there with bells on, maybe even with snows......, but definitely with the M.

Let's not forget to touch base Sunday to confirm things.
C.

and besides, it's supposed to be sunny Monday.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Traveling Administrator
Hahaha, yeh haven't we all done that from time to time.....I do it every time I see a 'G'...
Maybe I should put a disclaimer on the bumpers that I won't be held liable for any overexuberant neck snapping.

Seriously tho, I don't think it's any more 'flash' than the G-cars, and perhaps a little less conservative than the Coupe.

Some may feel the size of the M is a little less attractive, along with its heft. Tho from what little I've experienced so far, its size and weight hasn't affected the handling badly at all. I'm amazed at how nimble a 4000 lb ride can be.

Yeh it's attractive and the new Aero kit will improve her looks even more, but I doubt it'll affect the G's admirers much.
Thanks for the kudos tho....It helps me somewhat justify the extra cost, as well as the tech features of all the toys on her. Sure keeps me occupied.
If the truth were known, the more I learn about this ride, the more I realize how amazing it is, and the less deserving I feel I am. It really is much more than I need but man, I sure like this ride. I haven't felt this way about a car b4.
One thing I am reasonably sure of is that the 'shine' won't wear off this car very quickly.--- I think I've finally found the ride I've been searching for.

When I get some free time, I'll post a more detailed write-up on all the features (once I learn them better. ) ..

Another topic of conversation here lately is my planned trip to the east coast this summer. It looks like early June is best from my standpoint, barring that, it'll have to be late summer. The old friend from England in Lunenburg runs a B&B (Pelham House) and apparantly is very busy from late June to early September.

Colin.

I am definitlely looking forward to hearing all the details of your M. I even started a thread a couple of days ago wanting to hear all about your M....so that might be a good place to post once you get used to all the gadgets and gizmos!

Early June sounds good to me! I think we should defnitely hold off on our Maritime G meet until you come down this way. I looks like Deane, Jeremy, myself, and you will be there for sure. Should be a good time!!

Old 03-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Rated M

Colin.
Hey Colin,

We're headed for another heavy snowfall warning today. You must be sending it our way again.
That's great you're so happy with the car. I know it takes a lot to keep an enthusiast to stay enthralled with a car. Believe it or not my last one- a 93 MX6 kept me for 11 years. It was a fantastic car to drive and just needed a little more oomph.
That is good to hear that the East Coast trip is still on. As Canuck has said we can meet in N.B. in Sackville on your way down. You must be thinking of somewhere else when mentioned the military base there.
I will be in Lunenburg on June 12 morning racing a 5km event so if you're there then you can watch me run my guts out! They usually have 4-500 turn out for the event.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by canuck
I am definitlely looking forward to hearing all the details of your M. I even started a thread a couple of days ago wanting to hear all about your M....so that might be a good place to post once you get used to all the gadgets and gizmos!

Early June sounds good to me! I think we should defnitely hold off on our Maritime G meet until you come down this way. I looks like Deane, Jeremy, myself, and you will be there for sure. Should be a good time!!

My friend,
That sounds good to me. I'll have to plan for that. Hopefully I'll be recovered from running in the Cabot Trail relay May 29. I've got the 20km leg that covers Cape Smokey!

Deane

Old 03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
My friend,
That sounds good to me. I'll have to plan for that. Hopefully I'll be recovered from running in the Cabot Trail relay May 29. I've got the 20km leg that covers Cape Smokey!

Deane

Yikes, 20km is a long run....my hats off to you! I walk about 15 kms a week playing golf....but running 20km flat out is something I don't think I could do....or should I say I KNOW I couldn't do!

When I was thinking about meeting in Sackville, it was mainly because it's a half way point for the two of us. I got thinking after that I am not sure what is there in Sackville, except a Tims, an Irving, and Mount A. It would be nice to maybe go somewhere for a beer, that is if everyone is up for that. If that is the case, maybe Moncton would be a better choice. Or, if just a Timmies is what everyone would want, we could stick with Sackville. Anyways, just a thought. I am definitely up for anything.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by canuck
Yikes, 20km is a long run....my hats off to you! I walk about 15 kms a week playing golf....but running 20km flat out is something I don't think I could do....or should I say I KNOW I couldn't do!

When I was thinking about meeting in Sackville, it was mainly because it's a half way point for the two of us. I got thinking after that I am not sure what is there in Sackville, except a Tims, an Irving, and Mount A. It would be nice to maybe go somewhere for a beer, that is if everyone is up for that. If that is the case, maybe Moncton would be a better choice. Or, if just a Timmies is what everyone would want, we could stick with Sackville. Anyways, just a thought. I am definitely up for anything.
Canuck,
When my wife gets back from Cuba next Sunday I'll ask her what's in Sackville. She's Mount A Alumni. If there's nothing there I'm flexible to something that works for everyone.

It sounds like we both have our sports addictions but they're quite different.
I'm not a golfer at all. I used to go out with my staff and do 9 holes each year as well as our client appreciation tourney and hated every minute of it!

20k is no problem. It's just the Cape Smokey part of it running hard on extreme uphill grade for 2.1 k and then hammering the quads coming down the other side. Tomorrow I do 35km for a total of 100k this week over 6 days. (I'm not looking forward to it with this storm though) I'm 5 weeks away from running Boston again.

Do you think we'll recognize the M coming down the road to meet us??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.