Canada Serving Canada.

M35, M45 Report Toronto Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Yikes, 20km is a long run....my hats off to you! I walk about 15 kms a week playing golf....but running 20km flat out is something I don't think I could do....or should I say I KNOW I couldn't do!

When I was thinking about meeting in Sackville, it was mainly because it's a half way point for the two of us. I got thinking after that I am not sure what is there in Sackville, except a Tims, an Irving, and Mount A. It would be nice to maybe go somewhere for a beer, that is if everyone is up for that. If that is the case, maybe Moncton would be a better choice. Or, if just a Timmies is what everyone would want, we could stick with Sackville. Anyways, just a thought. I am definitely up for anything.
Canuck, RBull, and Jeremy,

How does Moncton sound to you Deane? It's another 30 minutes or so for you, but it seems bigger and perhaps we can get a nice meal there along with some brews.
I'm easy either way. Timmies is fine. Canuck, where does Jeremy live? Is it close to you?
....and how does early to mid June sound for you? That's not long after your wedding.......

LOL, I'm a walker too, like Canuck......I walk about 5 kilometers a day with the kids, but I think running that would kill me, never mind 20!

More laters , guys,

Oh yeah, Canuck, in case you miss my reply to the M info thread,
it's HERE

Colin

Old 03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gsedanman

How does Moncton sound to you Deane? It's another 30 minutes or so for you, but it seems bigger and perhaps we can get a nice meal there along with some brews.
I'm easy either way. Timmies is fine. Canuck, where does Jeremy live? Is it close to you?
....and how does early to mid June sound for you? That's not long after your wedding.......

LOL, I'm a walker too, like Canuck......I walk about 5 kilometers a day with the kids, but I think running that would kill me, never mind 20!

More laters , guys,

it's HERE

Colin
Moncton shouldn't be a problem with me guys.
It's a few more miles; but to meet you guys- hey no problem.

Colin, a 5k walk is good. You're way ahead of most people especially at your ripe old age.

Deane

Old 03-12-2005, 07:48 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Moncton shouldn't be a problem with me guys.
It's a few more miles; but to meet you guys- hey no problem.

Colin, a 5k walk is good. You're way ahead of most people especially at your ripe old age.

Deane

LOL, well I never forget my walker and canes, and If I'm really hobling badly, I sit on my scateboard and let the kids pull me around. .

Old 03-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Rated M

LOL, well I never forget my walker and canes, and If I'm really hobling badly, I sit on my scateboard and let the kids pull me around. .

I can't top that!!

Old 03-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

More laters , guys,

it's HERE

Colin

Moncton has a lot of great places to grab a meal and a beer, certainly a lot more than Sackville. Jeremy pretty much lives in yelling distance from me, so I am sure we will probably follow each other up to Moncton.

26 days left now to the big day!!

Shane

Old 03-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Rated M

Moncton has a lot of great places to grab a meal and a beer, certainly a lot more than Sackville. Jeremy pretty much lives in yelling distance from me, so I am sure we will probably follow each other up to Moncton.

26 days left now to the big day!!

Shane

Moncton it is then. Once we settle on a date I'll post it on G35.ca and at O'Regan's.

26 more sleeps eh? You must be excited Shane, especially getting away south with this wacky weather we're having. Spring's got to be here soon.
I may be getting the G out next week. I'm trying to make the arrangements but there are a couple of cars in my way where I stored it. I just can't wait the 26 days.

Deane

Old 03-13-2005, 04:58 PM
O.F. Administrator
Cool guys, It's looking good from my end. Mom's looking after the kids, and the house.. As long as she stays healthy we're all set for the first or second week in June. Final dates later, - and Moncton sounds great for a meal/meet.

Shane, it's getting close, my man....... 26 more days.
You're probably feeling that once the excitement is over, you can get back to normal. You'll have a great time in Mexico, and for sure the weather will be ok once you return......(well you would think it would be, right? )

C.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Traveling Administrator
I am in a big golf tournament on Saturday, June 11th, so hopefully our G meet will not be on that day.

I am definitely looking forward to my upcoming trip. Not only becuase of the wedding, but just to feel some nice warm air. I am a huge warm weather person.....I don't like our winters at all.

And just to rub it in, I thought I would provide you with this weeks forecast of where I am going in Mexico!!

High 35 °C
Cloudy periods
Monday night
Low 20 °C
Clear
Tuesday
High 35 °C
Sunny

Wednesday
High 36 °C
Low 20 °C
Sunny
Thursday
High 35 °C
Low 20 °C
Sunny
Friday
High 35 °C
Low 20 °C

Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
O.F. Administrator
Haha, That forecast sounds like something unworldly ....we've all been stuck in this 'Siberian' crap for so long, one forgets what 'it' was like.
Once you get there, Shane, it'll be nice payback for you both, after enduring all this winter's woes.

We'll be sure and not have our mini meet on June 11th., no worries, just remind one of us later on. I'm thinking of the week previous to that. (starting June 4th) , or even have our meet June 12th.
I haven't contacted my friend in Lunenburg yet. Once I do, I'll better know what's what... and then there's Jeremy and Deane. We'll have to set this up all together sometime.
More later. I'm meeting GEE35X (Wayne) and InTgr8r (Ian) in Guelph today for lunch. I think they want to look at my ride for some reason. Heck it's only a car. .. Aren't they gonna be p'd when I show up with my bro's Solara.

Colin.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Rated M

Haha, That forecast sounds like something unworldly ....we've all been stuck in this 'Siberian' crap for so long, one forgets what 'it' was like.
Once you get there, Shane, it'll be nice payback for you both, after enduring all this winter's woes.

We'll be sure and not have our mini meet on June 11th., no worries, just remind one of us later on. I'm thinking of the week previous to that. (starting June 4th) , or even have our meet June 12th.
I haven't contacted my friend in Lunenburg yet. Once I do, I'll better know what's what... and then there's Jeremy and Deane. We'll have to set this up all together sometime.
More later. I'm meeting GEE35X (Wayne) and InTgr8r (Ian) in Guelph today for lunch. I think they want to look at my ride for some reason. Heck it's only a car. .. Aren't they gonna be p'd when I show up with my bro's Solara.

Colin.

Solara.....hahaha
Say hi to those boys for me. I'd like to be meeting them too.

Colin, that's a good idea to work this all out together at one time closer to the date as everyone has plans that change. Maybe another 30-45 days from now. You'll want to sort it out with your British friend first too.
I'm trying to get the G out of storage early later this week which has a few wrinkles since it breeches the agreement I made. Even with the crappy weather I want to get it home to start to tinker with it.

I am definitely looking forward to my upcoming trip. Not only because of the wedding, but just to feel some nice warm air.
I am a huge warm weather person.....I don't like our winters at all.
And just to rub it in, I thought I would provide you with this weeks forecast of where I am going in Mexico!!
Hey, Shane it's a good thing you like that warm weather. Those temps are getting up there especially when you're coming from the cold we've been having.
My wife is in Holguin, Cuba now and after checking they're similiar with lows of 20-21 and highs of 32-33 full sun. See that's what happens after 16 years of marriage; your wife goes south with a girl friend and you stay home to look after the house and the dog!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Traveling Administrator
I don't mind the temperatures one bit....especially when I look out the window and see it snowing again! A few of my family members that are going down there with us aren't thrilled about 35C+ weather though. They might just have to sit under a shady palm tree with a cold tropical drink.....that's too bad....

Old 03-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Rated M

I don't mind the temperatures one bit....especially when I look out the window and see it snowing again! A few of my family members that are going down there with us aren't thrilled about 35C+ weather though. They might just have to sit under a shady palm tree with a cold tropical drink.....that's too bad....
Yeah, a shady palm tree and a cool drink drink in my hand. That sounds real good right now. My trouble is I can only sit still for about 15 minutes and then I've got to be doing something. That's the main reason why I didn't go south with my wife.
It's plus 2 here right now but the rest of the week is forecast for snow every day.
We've really hijacked this M45 thread haven't we??

Cheers

Old 03-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Traveling Administrator
I am the same way, I can't sit in one spot for too long. There will be plenty of activities to keep me busy....all which will involve a Corona in my hand!

Oh, this was an M45 thread???

Old 03-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Rated M

I am the same way, I can't sit in one spot for too long. There will be plenty of activities to keep me busy....all which will involve a Corona in my hand!

Oh, this was an M45 thread???

haha, yeah it's an M thread.

Corona, I hear ya bro....

Old 03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
No worries fellas, but check out our thread and rides at our mini-meet in Guelph today. Nice sunny day and great to sit down with a couple of OF's and chat over a Swiss Chick lunch.

GUELPH MEET

Colin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.