Canada Serving Canada.

Score 1 for the pirelli snowsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Score 1 for the pirelli snowsports

well.... waking up this morning and finding 20cm at the door stop was a disaster. to make matters worse the sideroads weren't even ploughed yet. but no fret.... my pirelli's worked wonderfully. this is the first time i've had to use them on some really deep snow since i bought them from (promo here) harry @ bigwheelz.com. i got the pirelli snowsport 210's... and i was surprised at the traction i received. i could hear the car plowing the snow in front of me... but it went right through none the less. coupled with the vdc... this car performed very well on the turns. i must admit that there was some rear end sliding action (on the turns only) but the vdc would kick in and stop the latteral movement quite well. only real tire slip i received was on a stand still launch... but it wasn't major and it only did it twice for me (second gear worked out well with no wheel slip). with some cautious driving i got to work without a hitch. i can really recommend these tires to anyone looking for good set of winter performance tires... as they helped me out a huge bunch. how did everyone else fair in this crappy morning? hope all went well.

-regards.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup - i got the 350z out of deep snow today too - it was tricky, but the pirellis performed admirably.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yokohama AVS V901

I have Yokohama AVS V901 winters. They got me by last night on an unplowed 401. It is days like this I am glad to have winter tires. However, the car was still not as steady as I would have liked. There were a couple of occasions where the car started drifting to the side (your heart just pounds!). I assume most people on the road have all seasons. Therefore, I was surprise to see a number of cars going past me. At a stand still, it had trouble going up slopes. These tires got good overall reviews. Therefore, I was a bit disappointed with the snow performance. To its credit, the road conditions were treacherous and I made it home in one piece. My brother also has the same tires and he basically shares the same thoughts. However, his car is FWD and is able to climb the slopes much better.

Out of the 4 snow tires I have used (Toyo, Michelin Alpins, Yokohamas, Blizzaks), nothing comes close to the Blizzaks in snow. They make your car perform like a 4WD vehicle. My RWD Miata would sail past much larger vehicles. However, they have short tread life.

Any brave souls drove their G last night / this morning on all seasons? At some points, the winters felt dangerous. I can't imagine making it on all seasons.