Canada Serving Canada.

Testing the waters, what do you guys think of this deal I am offering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Testing the waters, what do you guys think of this deal I might be offering

Testing waters cause there are a few nice cars out there these days Including the new M35, I think I am getting old This is just something that is going thru my head.

Car: 2003.5 G35 Coupe 6 speed with Nav. Ivory Pearl
55,000 kms. $42,000CDN comes with 3 sets of wheels: Stock 18s, BSA 17+WInters. 19 inch Volk GTC in GOLD with T1S plus some other parts.

Or I would ask for $7000CDN to take over my lease $500CDN a month (I put a rather large down) and you also get the wheels plus some other parts.

Basically all I care is that if (Note its a "IF") I want to get rid of it for another car I get rid of everything at once, so what ppl are paying for is my wheels, the Volks, not including special colour upgrade and center caps, were 6Gs my cost before tax. (Before Gold became a no cost option )

Am I asking too much? or is this fair? I have asked a few ppl and they seem to think this is fair. I really dont know what I want to do.

Last edited by Type_R_Boy_251; 03-11-2005 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Just for the sake of arguement, lets use $30KUSD as the price and 1.2 as the exchange rate. Thats about $36,000 which is basically what I am asking for the car plus the wheels. I am not looking to part yet, then again I am not looking to sell yet just seeing.

I was going by the avg price on trader.ca

You do realise that this is in Cdn dollars right?

Last edited by Type_R_Boy_251; 03-10-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bazz
I had no idea it was Canadian...you did not mention that in your original post. If you are asking 36K Canadian (30K USD) then you might get some takers depending on the condition of the car and the extra rims.

Sorry about that, thats why I only asked in the Canadian forum since I could get a better idea. I am testing the waters with the rims for ease of sale of everything should I decide to unload.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Type_R_Boy_251
Testing waters cause there are a few nice cars out there these days Including the new M35, I think I am getting old This is just something that is going thru my head.

Car: 2003.5 G35 Coupe 6 speed with Nav. Ivory Pearl
55,000 kms. $42,000CDN comes with 3 sets of wheels: Stock 18s, BSA 17+WInters. 19 inch Volk GTC in GOLD with T1S plus some other parts.

Or I would ask for $7000CDN to take over my lease $500CDN a month (I put a rather large down) and you also get the wheels plus some other parts.

to think this is fair. I really dont know what I want to do.
I am picking up a G35 Coupe inc sport package brand new next week for a few grand more. The extra wheels are worth only what someone will pay, which in most cases, not much.

If someone put $7 K down to lease a NEW G35 coupe, I'm pretty sure they would be in the same ballpark as your current payment.

not trying to be a d*** but, I think that's reality.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I learned a while ago that the general rule is that you shouldn't do any upgrades expecting to get anything back when you sell.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Type_R_Boy_251
Testing waters cause there are a few nice cars out there these days .........................
Am I asking too much? or is this fair? I have asked a few ppl and they seem to think this is fair. I really dont know what I want to do.
I've been down this road a few times.

FWIW
Here are a couple of things to consider.
- be careful about lease take overs, check the contract because
you may still have 2nd party liability if the take-over party defaults (like a co-signer)
* I have never used the take over method myself.

- did you check the buy out left on the car?
give them a call they'll give you the actual residal at any point in time. (month you expect to sell)
it should be reasonable if you put large $ down.
use the buy out as a starting point to figure your minimum sell $.
What ever you get above that is bonus.
- check autotrader to establish a list $
a quick check shows most listed arround $40k.
remember the $ on autotrader are an ask price not a sell price.

- If you still have the OEM parts I would also try to sell the mod parts separately. They won't appreciably add to the sell value of the car.

In my time I have probably leased 6 to 8 cars.
I have never turned any of them in, & usually save major coin in milage charges.

I rarely opted out as early as you, but the principle is the same.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by InTgr8r; 03-11-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Thats a good deal depending on the shape...

Old 03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I've been down this road a few times.

FWIW
Here are a couple of things to consider.
- be careful about lease take overs, check the contract because
you may still have 2nd party liability if the take-over party defaults (like a co-signer)
* I have never used the take over method myself.

- did you check the buy out left on the car?
give them a call they'll give you the actual residal at any point in time. (month you expect to sell)
it should be reasonable if you put large $ down.
use the buy out as a starting point to figure your minimum sell $.
What ever you get above that is bonus.
- check autotrader to establish a list $
a quick check shows most listed arround $40k.
remember the $ on autotrader are an ask price not a sell price.

- If you still have the OEM parts I would also try to sell the mod parts separately. They won't appreciably add to the sell value of the car.

In my time I have probably leased 6 to 8 cars.
I have never turned any of them in, & usually save major coin in milage charges.

I rarely opted out as early as you, but the principle is the same.

Good Luck!!
Oh I know that, it like saying for example what I would list it for is just asking price, I am obviously asking more than what I would want. And for ease of sale for everything I would just sell it including all parts for it.

Its not hard for me to sell off the parts since I own a company that sells these parts.

Like I said I am testing the waters and basically going by what I saw in the trader and see if I offered it up like this if it would be a seller as is or not.

The car is stock right now, and I might just sell the wheels off later on and keep the car and buy another car as well. I am very undecided as to what I want to do so I am just testing the waters with various scenarios.

Sorry for the confusion I should be more clear with my intentions. Again this is just to get an idea of what enthusiasts think its worth (which sorry to say is always less for the car alone, but I was testing it with the wheels since I think the Gold GTCs only belong on a IP car )

I know the reality : ex you want $7000 for a car you ask $10,000. IF you want $1000 for a set of rims you ask for $1200 etc etc

Last edited by Type_R_Boy_251; 03-11-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
hey

Originally Posted by Bazz
I had no idea it was Canadian...you did not mention that in your original post. If you are asking 36K Canadian (30K USD) then you might get some takers depending on the condition of the car and the extra rims.

Its a CAD Forum, one should assume that its in CAD dollars, I guess our American Cousin did not make the assumption..

Old 03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's only a good deal if u can sell it. as others have mentioned... don't expect anything back for aftermarket stuff unless u try selling it seperately. i posted my 2001 corvette coupe with 26k km's last summer for $41,000 in the autotrader. the car was in mint condition and i never got a bite. ended up trading it in for a mini cooper s for my new wife at the time. i also had an ati procharger and subwoofer on the car that i lost money on. attached is a pic of my former beauty. which reminds me... i need to delete my pics of the car... 'cause everytime i look at them it puts a tear in my eye.

Attached Thumbnails Testing the waters,  what do you guys think of this deal I am offering-img_0003-large-.jpg