Canada Serving Canada.

***Updated: GTA MEET April24***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005 | 05:10 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 35bills
I agree Colin. I think that we should postphone until next Sunday if that is OK with our
other members.

Politicians and weathermen, just who can you believe these days?????

RBull, you don't have any magical powers do you and have sent all this expected bad weather our way????? Things that make you go Hmmmmm?

Cheers!!!
No I wouldn't do that to a great bunch of guys like you. Your snow is our rain though. We've got about 5 of the next 6 days forecast for the wet stuff. At least our snow is gone and that will help clean up the streets.

Old 04-01-2005 | 05:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by 35bills
I agree Colin. I think that we should postphone until next Sunday if that is OK with our
other members.

Politicians and weathermen, just who can you believe these days?????

RBull, you don't have any magical powers do you and have sent all this expected bad weather our way????? Things that make you go Hmmmmm?

Cheers!!!
Hey Bill, It's a bummer, but, heck, it's only early April. Anything is possible this time of year. Damn, we just had a perfect week and now this.

No worries, unless we can talk Deane, Canuck, and Jeremy into taking this one 'off our hands', lol, we'll just have to wait. (any offers guys? )

As I said b4, I don't want anyone to have a 'problem' just for the sake of a meet. There are many, many more weekends to come more suitable for meeting up.

Colin

Old 04-01-2005 | 05:19 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Hey Bill, It's a bummer, but, heck, it's only early April. Anything is possible this time of year. Damn, we just had a perfect week and now this.

No worries, unless we can talk Deane, Canuck, and Jeremy into taking this one 'off our hands', lol, we'll just have to wait. (any offers guys? )

As I said b4, I don't want anyone to have a 'problem' just for the sake of a meet. There are many, many more weekends to come more suitable for meeting up.

Colin
You were right Colin about you guys getting some dumps in April.

I think we're done with ours now. Maybe a few flurries on a couple of days but we're headed for warmer temps now.

No takers on your offer re "off our hands" here on the shores of the Atlantic. I can't speak for Jeremy or Shane though on the Bay of Fundy.

Wise decision on changing the meet unless it all blows over. You guys would want to drive safe and be all "shined up".

Old 04-01-2005 | 05:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
You were right Colin about you guys getting some dumps in April.

I think we're done with ours now. Maybe a few flurries on a couple of days but we're headed for warmer temps now.

No takers on your offer re "off our hands" here on the shores of the Atlantic. I can't speak for Jeremy or Shane though on the Bay of Fundy.

Wise decision on changing the meet unless it all blows over. You guys would want to drive safe and be all "shined up".
Gosh, I thought we were done with our bad stuff too, and last week was almost summer like with warm temps and sunny skies. Just about all our snow is gone here in Cambridge, only a few stubborn, shaded mounds remain.

Stay safe and enjoy your spring bro, Nobody has earned it more than you guys.

Colin

Old 04-01-2005 | 05:59 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Gosh, I thought we were done with our bad stuff too, and last week was almost summer like with warm temps and sunny skies. Just about all our snow is gone here in Cambridge, only a few stubborn, shaded mounds remain.

Stay safe and enjoy your spring bro, Nobody has earned it more than you guys.

Colin

Thanks. You too stay safe and protect that M.
Yeah I know about the weather you guys have been getting. This is one of those freak days. We may get one too but this is our rainy season so it goes as fast as it comes. There was some flooding here over last weekend. We had 69mm of rain in that one day.

Old 04-01-2005 | 06:17 PM
PDT
I agree, it might be better to cancel Sunday's meet due to the weather. I live in Mississauga, so it's not a big deal for me and I still have my winters on! But those of you travelling a few hours to come down, it may not be feasible. This is just the start of the season, we will have many more opportunities to get together!!

Tauseef

Old 04-01-2005 | 06:51 PM
looks like a pretty weak forecast...I'm cool with going or postponing. My girl lives 5 minutes away from the square.

Old 04-01-2005 | 07:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by PDT
I agree, it might be better to cancel Sunday's meet due to the weather. I live in Mississauga, so it's not a big deal for me and I still have my winters on! But those of you travelling a few hours to come down, it may not be feasible. This is just the start of the season, we will have many more opportunities to get together!!

Tauseef
Yes, the more I hear the warnings on the news, the more I think we should put things off for a week or 2.
Another Yorkville Infiniti early spring 'barbie' is possibly in the works for mid April. I'm hoping Jerry gets the OK for it and we can have a great time there again.
Stay tuned on that one. That would be a hoot.

Colin.

Old 04-01-2005 | 11:37 PM
Post-poning the meet sounds good to me. Maybe I'll have my car back by then and can join you. I should have it back in the next couple weeks so anytime after that would be great.

Old 04-02-2005 | 07:53 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by SammyJL
Post-poning the meet sounds good to me. Maybe I'll have my car back by then and can join you. I should have it back in the next couple weeks so anytime after that would be great.
Sounds good bro, I look forward to seeing your ride and mods again.
Stay tuned for time and place of the followup meet. I'm really hoping for Yorkville INfiniti, but we'll have to see about that, in any case, it'll probably be weekend of April 16/17.

It's about 8am (Saturday) and I'm looking outside to see blizzard conditions with temps at about freezing. Not good.

Stay safe,
Colin

Old 04-02-2005 | 10:57 AM
Hopefully by then my ztube would be installed... stay safe all!

Old 04-02-2005 | 01:57 PM
|
I agree - pushing this off a week is a sensible idea. I'm not all that anxious to drive in that slop.

I'd like to re-schedule for next Sunday. I can't make it on Saturday.

On the plus side, Monday's forecast looks good - isn't that always the way?

Old 04-02-2005 | 03:02 PM
Pimp > You're right bro, the next few days after the weekend look great.

I agree with all, post-poning is fine with me as well. I'm in Mississauga right now and is pretty wet with a few flurries...yuck. By the time people wash their cars on Sunday morning, drive to Square One, their cars will be dirty from wet roads. I say we confirm the cancellation and watch the weather forecast for next week.

Saturday: Hi: 2°c Lo: 2°c
Wet snow mixed with rain. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon.

Sunday: Hi: 3°c Lo: 1°c
Rain. Ending late in the day then cloudy. Amount 10 to 20 mm.

Monday: Hi: 10°c Lo: -3°c
Sunny.

Tuesday: Hi: 11°c Lo: 3°c
Sunny.

Wednesday: Hi: 14°c Lo: 5°c
A mix of sun and cloud.

Old 04-02-2005 | 04:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey Wes, Sounds like you guys might get off a little better than some of us outside of town and to the north.
We're still getting snow here (have all day so far) and the temps are not much warmer. (freezing). The forecast is for the snow/rain to continue into Sunday now with winds into the 40 to 60 kph range.
What a weekend! YUK.

I've heard from GEE35X (Wayne) and Smilepro (Ted) in southwestern ONtario and they've opted out of travelling to Sunday's meet as I have. Not the best time to be travelling form out here anyway. , and a little 'mucky' for any kind of outside meet.

Surely next Sunday will be better for you guys. I have a family function next Sunday , but will make the next for sure.

I'll probably have the new aero kit on my new M by then too. Hope so. Apparantly right now tho it's sitting in Japan.

The Sunday after (16th-17th) would suit me better and I'll be talking to Jerry about a spring barbie in the next little while provided he gets the OK. It may not be that weekend but provided he gets approval, it will be sometime in the near future at Y/Infiniti like last year.

If there is something coming up, Jerry will post with details as he did last year.

Sorry guys, I ordered good weather, and thought I had more 'pull' than this. Actually I'm usually very lucky with weather.....but not always.

Stay safe, and stay dry.

Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-02-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2005 | 04:44 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Hey Wes, Sounds like you guys might get off a little better than some of us outside of town and to the north.
We're still getting snow here (have all day so far) and the temps are not much warmer. (freezing). The forecast is for the snow/rain to continue into Sunday now with winds into the 40 to 60 kph range.
What a weekend! YUK.

I've heard from GEE35X (Wayne) and Smilepro (Ted) in southwestern ONtario and they've opted out of travelling to Sunday's meet as I have. Not the best time to be travelling form out here anyway. , and a little 'mucky' for any kind of outside meet.

Surely next Sunday will be better for you guys. I have a family function next Sunday , but will make the next for sure.

I'll probably have the new aero kit on my new M by then too. Hope so. Apparantly right now tho it's sitting in Japan.

The Sunday after (16th-17th) would suit me better and I'll be talking to Jerry about a spring barbie in the next little while provided he gets the OK. It may not be that weekend but provided he gets approval, it will be sometime in the near future at Y/Infiniti like last year.

If there is something coming up, Jerry will post with details as he did last year.

Sorry guys, I ordered good weather, and thought I had more 'pull' than this. Actually I'm usually very lucky with weather.....but not always.

Stay safe, and stay dry.

Colin

Colin

That's a shame to cancel but just think how many more posts there will be here with plans for another replacement date!

Hope your weather gets better soon. Today was about +8 here and bright and sunny. I detailed the G again in the driveway.
I've been waiting for a while to do that with the hell we've had this year.

Good luck with the aero kit.

I'l pray for good weather whenever your next meet date is.

Deane

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***