Canada Serving Canada.

3.5 tonne BROADSIDE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2005 | 06:52 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by EEYORE
Seems like October was a bad month for me with the two incidents and probably a clear indication that I should be slowing down at my age As for my Yamaha R1, it sustained less damage than me. and the cost of fixing it might cost me a case of beer. As much as I love driving my cars, I enjoy the same on the bike even if there is less of a level of protection than a car.

On the bike the view of the road is much different than a car. You wouldn't believe the things drivers do on the road when they don't follow simple taught rules of driving and the same thing goes for the bikers too. I certainly have a greater appreciation when it comes to driving and have become more aware with tuned to cars that have a better performance average than the regular cars on the market.

The cheap narcotics they give you are starting to wear off so I must go off and refill

Eeyore

Eeyore
Hey Eeyore,
Have a refill on me.

I used to be a bike rider so I know what it's like. You really learn to drive defensively and are more attuned to the road, traffic and all conditions around you.

But then I got married and it all had to go away. the bike that is...

I would like to get back into one but it just doesn't seem to get a priority over other things.

Old 11-06-2005 | 08:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey Eeyore,
Have a refill on me.

I used to be a bike rider so I know what it's like. You really learn to drive defensively and are more attuned to the road, traffic and all conditions around you.

But then I got married and it all had to go away. the bike that is...

I would like to get back into one but it just doesn't seem to get a priority over other things.
It's a shame what marriage does to a person's priorities I still maintain my priorities and probably compromise on another, but it has to be a win situation for me someway.

I wonder how many G35'ers here own a motorcycle?? I have already ended my riding season, so the bike is going for storage and I will work on the bike over the winter to fix it and make som mods to it.

Karim

Old 11-06-2005 | 08:57 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
It's a shame what marriage does to a person's priorities I still maintain my priorities and probably compromise on another, but it has to be a win situation for me someway.

I wonder how many G35'ers here own a motorcycle?? I have already ended my riding season, so the bike is going for storage and I will work on the bike over the winter to fix it and make som mods to it.

Karim

Karim,
Aww, I'm not complaining at all. We have a great relationship and she respects my passion for motorized things. My wife preferred I sell the bike but would have been okay if I kept it. I sold it and we worked out a deal and I immediately bought an ATV to have fun on. Soon after that we both got snowmobiles.

I don't think there are many bikers out there especially in Canada. Our season is so short.

Deane

Old 11-10-2005 | 11:34 AM
|
Just got off the phone with the body shop and my G won't be ready until the end of the month.

I asked how bad the damage was and asked them if there was any structual damage to the car and there was minimal and mostly in the front box end of the unibody. There was a lot of cosmetic damage and by the looks of it they are not repairing the damaged parts, they are replacing everything with OEM parts from Infiniti. I couldn't get an actual cost of the repair, but I am thinking the parts can't be that expensive right??

Karim

UPDATE

The insurance called me and told me they are covering the full cost of the repair with all new parts as per my premiums cover. I have recieved the appraiser's cost and the repair is just incredible and its a little over a third of the cost of the car!!!

I couldn't imagine that much damage visibily on the car, but the internals seems to be the more expensive end of the repair. I will try to post a sanitized version of the appraisal, if its okay with the moderator.

Old 11-10-2005 | 12:07 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Eeyore, that is good news about the insurance co.'s decision so your G is fixed right.

Old 11-19-2005 | 05:05 PM
|
Unhappy

I tried to pick up my G from the body shop yesterday and everything was just beautiful... It was love at first sight again. 15 mins into the drive home with the heat on, I looked at the heater temp at 24c and the engine temp at normal. There was no heat in the car, I called the body shop back and told them the situation and drove the car back to the shop. They spent about 15 mins with the dealer on the phone trying to solve the issue. Unfortunately, I had to leave the car there as they were going to take the car to the dealer today to sort out the issue. Hopefully they will fix it including the fuel pump noise and the clutch problem I have.

I know I am in good hands with the body shop as the owner came out and profusely apologized for the inconvienence. I told him its all cool as I am a fairly patient person. So I got a rental for the weekend, a '04 G35c base 5AT I still prefer my G thought. Besides it gives me another reason to go back to the shop and checkout the hot chick there.

Karim

Last edited by EEYORE; 11-19-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2005 | 06:00 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Good that the shop owner is conscientious about doing doing a good job.

G/L with the heater, clutch and fuel pump.

Old 11-24-2005 | 01:19 PM
|
I got my car back from the body shop last monday and it turned out they didn't ground the thermostat properly to the car. I am assuming the signal that comes out of it activates some sort of valving to allow coolant into the the heater core for interior heat as the engine temperature remained at the normal level. I missed having my G for a long period of time and it seems to me I have to get re-acquainted with the car and maybe give the car a female name like "Christine"

As of today looking at the snow on the ground I will have to miss her again until I get new shoes put on her as it was far too dangerous for me to drive using the summers on and hopefully that will be quickly after talking to Jerry. I hate that DAMN transit system of ours... Too many stinky people there and hoodlums and maybe a dead badger under the wheels rotating like a ferris wheel.

BTW... They still haven't fixed my clutch and fuel pump, I guess I will deal with the dealer when its time for routine maintenance.

Karim

Old 11-24-2005 | 01:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
......... Too many stinky people there and hoodlums and maybe a dead badger under the wheels rotating like a ferris wheel.

BTW... They still haven't fixed my clutch and fuel pump, I guess I will deal with the dealer when its time for routine maintenance.

Karim
hahahaha...LMAO

Old 11-24-2005 | 02:42 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Nice to hear that you've got your baby back, Karim.....and good luck with the few remaining problems.
Great idea to wait for the snows b4 driving her again.
Colin

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:49 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Nice to have the ride back Eeyore. Good luck with the dealership remaining fixes.