Canada Serving Canada.

7 People Shot, 1 Innocent Girl Killed???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
7 People Shot, 1 Innocent Girl Killed???

This is absolutely outrageous!!!!!!!! It finally happened....a young, innocent 15 year old girl was caught in the cross fire while shopping.

I'm sick and tired of listening to these damn heart bleeding, polical correct, social activist type politicians trying to control ANIMALS in our city that deserve to be hunted down and treated as such.

I don't buy into these idiots (politicians & activists) that say we need more social programs for these POOR kids so they don't commit crimes.

Why should we the working tax payers continue to pay to create these so called programs for low lives, welfare loading parents that don't even care about their children???

WTF???? Yonge St. was an awesome place to hang out when I was in school and now all you see are just a bunch of animals just roaming around waiting for something to errupt to steal and cause ****.

We have to let our police officers do their jobs and start cracking some freaking heads open and these rats will eventually go away.

My condolonces to the girl's family. I can't imagine what they're going through right now.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where and when did this happen? Thats horrible the people cannot enjoy the season.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Chico, I couldn't agree more.
It's sad to say...
If there's no ramification for their actions, this problem will only continue to esculate.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya, it's pretty messed up. I will say this, though - reactionist policy is not the way to deal with problems like this, that's been proven time and time again in the U.S. I also want to add that a lot of Canadians seem to think that Toronto is a very dangerous place, when in reality given its population and diversity (racial, religious, economic, etc...) it has an incredibly low amount of violent crime.

I don't personally know what the answer is, but I have a feeling "cracking heads" isn't it.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I hear you Chico. Toronto "The clean and safe" has drasticly changed, and it's a real shame.
I used to spend a lot of time right there on Younge Street myself just watching people, shopping at Sam's and Eaton's Centre, listening to music from the various clubs nearby, eating at a local Bistro -------- nowadays, I'm doubtful I want to go near the place again.

C.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:24 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by gumpdriver
Where and when did this happen? Thats horrible the people cannot enjoy the season.
........ Gumpdriver, Yesterday afternoon, in the heart of Toronto while families where busy with Boxing Day shopping, 2 groups of people starting shooting at each other.
One young girl dead, and a number of injured.

C.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, front page of our paper too today. A 62 year old cab driver timid & nice guy stabbed 11 times for a few bucks yesterday boxing day by a 17 year old punk in broad daylight.

Fortunately it looks like they caught this guy but he probably will get a slap on the wrist for it.

Sad.

Trending Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am in hk..
but is really depressed when I hear this.. there have already been
many many gun shots and murderings in the past few months..
and now, even the innocent people are killed.

Cmon, politicans, stop being **** and doing something positive and efficient...

Btw, i used to and still live very very close to Yonge and Dundas.

the poor girl, please rest in peace...

godmans

Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 AM
**** gun control. I wonder if those ****ers would think twice about shooting someone in public if they knew other people could be armed.

There's no justice like vigilante justice.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:21 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by Balzz
**** gun control. I wonder if those ****ers would think twice about shooting someone in public if they knew other people could be armed.

There's no justice like vigilante justice.
I hear you Shane, and this kind of thing really urges you to do drastic things.
It would be really something if things came to that, wouldn't it?
That's basically how things are south of the border: everyone is armed.
I hate the thought of it, but this escallation of gun violence and disrespect of the laws has to stop.
C.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Msedanman
I hear you Shane, and this kind of thing really urges you to do drastic things.
It would be really something if things came to that, wouldn't it?
That's basically how things are south of the border: everyone is armed.
I hate the thought of it, but this escallation of gun violence and disrespect of the laws has to stop.
C.
It's really nice of your Government to blame the United States for importing the violence into your country.
I have an idea, try taking responsibility for your peoples actions.
Or, we could go to war? LOL!
Seriously, it is a sad state of affairs when people can't settle there differences with words.
If intelligent reasoning fails, then might is right.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:45 AM
I really don't know what to think about the youth in Toronto.

I don't know what to think about our local government and our police force.

I don't know what to think about a generation of children who's parents have failed in their responsibilities as parents.

I don't know how much more I can take, especially when thinking about my future and thoughts of raising a family.

A 15yr old girl is dead....simply going out shopping with her mom and stray bullet to the head. I can't begin to express how upset I am...not sure why but I am.

It starts with each of us... do onto others as you would want done to you.

Long past are the days of holding doors open for strangers...long past are the days of saying thank you... long past are the days of respecting others...

Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ca$hio
It's really nice of your Government to blame the United States for importing the violence into your country.
I have an idea, try taking responsibility for your peoples actions.
Or, we could go to war? LOL!
Seriously, it is a sad state of affairs when people can't settle there differences with words.
If intelligent reasoning fails, then might is right.
I don't agree the Canadian government should blame the US for the gun violence here. Actually, I don't really think they believe that at all...it just happens we're in the middle of an election and these clowns have to blame someone or something when they don't have answers to the problems.

They (government) talk about pro-active measures like social programs, etc. But the reality is these animals on the streets of our city are past that point and only understand FORCE.

As for the social programs...what we should do is stop public subsidized housing for life for single mothers, and stop paying them to have more children and stop giving them all these CHILD TAX benefits when they have never paid any tax in the first place.

Where is the incentive for them to get off their lazy a$$e$ and take care of their families and look after their children? And yet our government wants to put more money into their hands.

Let's make ALL parents criminally and financially accountable for their children until they are adults, and we'll see some change in our streets including less street bumbs littering our city.

We need to have automatic sentences for people that get caught with a gun, bring back the death penalty, abolish the young offenders act, and give our police force more powers and lattitude when dealing with these ****ers!!!

I've had it....I can't wait for the local representative to knock on my door during this campaing. They're gonna get more than an earfull from me. Fu** IT!!

Last edited by Chico; 12-28-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chico
I don't agree the Canadian government should blame the US for the gun violence here. Actually, I don't really think they believe that at all...it just happens we're in the middle of an election and these clowns have to blame someone or something when they don't have answers to the problems.

They (government) talk about pro-active measures like social programs, etc. But the reality is these animals on the streets of our city are past that point and only understand FORCE.

As for the social programs...what we should do is stop public subsidized housing for life for single mothers, and stop paying them to have more children and stop giving them all these CHILD TAX benefits when they have never paid any tax in the first place.

Where is the incentive for them to get off their lazy a$$e$ and take care of their families and look after their children? And yet our government wants to put more money into their hands.

Let's make ALL parents criminally and financially accountable for their children until they are adults, and we'll see some change in our streets including less street bumbs littering our city.

We need to have automatic sentences for people that get caught with a gun, bring back the death penalty, abolish the young offenders act, and give our police force more powers and lattitude when dealing with these ****ers!!!

I've had it....I can't wait for the local representative to knock on my door during this campaing. They're gonna get more than an earfull from me. Fu** IT!!
Damn Chico,

You sound like an American

Old 12-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This whole thread reeks of reactionist American policy-making. It's kind of amazing how an event like this during an election year can cause such a frenzy. I disagree with the government assertion that this is in any way caused by Americans, however if there is one thing Canada can learn from America it's how *not* to deal with gun violence. Pushing short-term legislation through after a particularly dis-tasteful event has proven to be a very bad idea as has arming the public, or just adding hordes of police officers with orders to beat heads.

You know, as unpopular as this opinion might be right now I think Canada actually does a really good job of curbing gun violence. Living in Canada you get the idea that Toronto is a hell-hole of violent pillage and rape, but in reality it's actually a very safe city. Clearly more needs to be done regarding the disenfranchised youth that are starting to shoot up innocent bystanders, but in a general sense it is pretty startling how little violence there actually is in this city. Perhaps if our government can calm down and try to look at this rationally rather than going for election-year quotables something worthwhile will get done.

Last edited by Picus; 12-28-2005 at 02:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 7 People Shot, 1 Innocent Girl Killed???