Canada Serving Canada.

Goodridge stainless steel brake lines install in GTA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Goodridge stainless steel brake lines install in GTA?

I picked up a set of Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake lines on ebay a while back and never got around to installing them. I think I was waiting until I had to go in for my major 24,000km stealership visit. Now for the record, I went to Dixie-401 and they told me outright they had never done it before but would give it a try. (I had already talked to Jerry at Yorkville way back and they do it in about 2 hours and you only have to pay install time).

Long story short, they call me back and tell me that I have the wrong set of lines (understandable the risks inherent to online shopping) and that they can't do it. They tell me that there are Brembo SS lines and non-brembo SS lines, as well as coupe versions and sedan version. Dixie-401 tells me that these lines I got were sedan non-brembos. Fine.

I do some research and even talk directly to Goodridge USA. They inform me that there is only ONE application they make for G35/350Z - there is no such thing as brembo/non-brembo lines and that the ones I have fit no problem. So this leads me to think that Dixie-401 just has no clue and didn't know how to do it (at worst - like a stealership - they simply wanted me to buy lines from them at their marked-up prices).

So here's my REAL question - I would still go to Yorkville (w/o Jerry I know) - since I assume that the mechanics that have done all the Goodridge installs are still working there, and can do this in their sleep. BUT! With all this talk about how Yorkville no longer acknowledges mods on warranties (like back in the good ole days with Jerry) should I even consider going there at all?

Has anyone else done SS brake line installs at a place somewhere in the GTA? (does Oakville Infiniti do it?) I'd like to have these put on my coupe, but don't want to end up paying a fortune for someone who has no clue and end up voiding my warranty in the long run.

Any advice/input/feedback would be greatly appreciated - since these lines are doing nothing for me on my floor!

Al

Old 04-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Jerry will still do them for you...
He'll do them zoom zoom quick too
(I don't have his info, but some of the others do)

Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
and probably give you a zoom zoom loaner =)
j/k lol

Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
I picked up a set of Goodridge G-stop stainless steel brake lines on ebay a while back and never got around to installing them. I think I was waiting until I had to go in for my major 24,000km stealership visit. Now for the record, I went to Dixie-401 and they told me outright they had never done it before but would give it a try. (I had already talked to Jerry at Yorkville way back and they do it in about 2 hours and you only have to pay install time).

Long story short, they call me back and tell me that I have the wrong set of lines (understandable the risks inherent to online shopping) and that they can't do it. They tell me that there are Brembo SS lines and non-brembo SS lines, as well as coupe versions and sedan version. Dixie-401 tells me that these lines I got were sedan non-brembos. Fine.

I do some research and even talk directly to Goodridge USA. They inform me that there is only ONE application they make for G35/350Z - there is no such thing as brembo/non-brembo lines and that the ones I have fit no problem. So this leads me to think that Dixie-401 just has no clue and didn't know how to do it (at worst - like a stealership - they simply wanted me to buy lines from them at their marked-up prices).

So here's my REAL question - I would still go to Yorkville (w/o Jerry I know) - since I assume that the mechanics that have done all the Goodridge installs are still working there, and can do this in their sleep. BUT! With all this talk about how Yorkville no longer acknowledges mods on warranties (like back in the good ole days with Jerry) should I even consider going there at all?

Has anyone else done SS brake line installs at a place somewhere in the GTA? (does Oakville Infiniti do it?) I'd like to have these put on my coupe, but don't want to end up paying a fortune for someone who has no clue and end up voiding my warranty in the long run.

Any advice/input/feedback would be greatly appreciated - since these lines are doing nothing for me on my floor!

Al
I've got mine sitting in a box in my garage now here in Halifax too. My dealer says they'll do them but hasn't quoted me price yet, and I'm not getting them done for another month or so yet.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35

Al
Al, Here's a thread with Jerry's contact info. Give him a shout -- Ian's suggestion that he could do your brake lines is a good one.

ZOOM-ZOOM JERRY

G/L
C.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Do it youself if you have time, I did my goodridge install in about a saturday afternoon, most of the time is really from jacking/dismounting/mounting/torquing the wheels using the stock jack. All you need is a 10mm flare nut wrench, 11mm open end wrench, 12mm socket, a rubber mallet, brake cleaner spray, 1L of brake fluid, a cheap $5 bleed container + hose, and an extra person to help either pump the brake or open/close the bleed valve.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hey,
I didn't know if Jerry would still do Infiniti installs, but if I can go through him then that's what I'll do! I'm pretty stoked about putting these on!

Yeah, I grew pretty suspicious when Dixie-401 quoted me an hour more (3hrs+) than what Jerry told me the stand-alone job (2hrs) would take and they pretty much had my car up on the lift and ready to do it already! (was my 24K major checkup). I do give them credit though, they were upfront about not having done it before and think this goes to prove that Dixie definitely does not stack up to the level say an Oakville does (what with all their Stillen expertise and such).

Rbull: I'll let you know how mine goes! Doesn't it drive you batty just to see them lying on the floor like that?

Thanks all,
Al

Old 04-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ thanks Al. yeah I had the same feeling when my shocks/springs sways were sitting around for a couple of months before the spring thaw.

Deane

Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Most of the staff that did the installs at Yorkville are gone, I have competent staff that can do this install. And yes they do make a great difference, I had them on my Beemer, and my Type R. You know where I am Al just give me a holler.

Jerry