Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow im happy i found this thread!!!!!!! awesome write up man, many many thanx

Old 08-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by driguez
wow im happy i found this thread!!!!!!! awesome write up man, many many thanx

Thanks.

OK guys, Summer doldrums have hit; you know you want your car detailed!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Staff ALUMNI
10% off for all G35driver members. In-laws are gone and I want to detail cars!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:36 AM
OH MAN!
I just sealed my driveway this morning and my car is stuck in the garage.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by bikesbikes
OH MAN!
I just sealed my driveway this morning and my car is stuck in the garage.

Ouch!
Great day for a cruse.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Chris's G35!

Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Great job as usual Kevin...
I'm sure Chris is one happy camper

Old 08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Kevin, I saw your post on Autopia, I was wondering whose red G that was.
Excellent job. I will let you know when I am in Toronto next with my car and maybe we can meet.
Matt

Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Kevin, great info and thanks so much for sharing your extensive knowledge. Just wondering, do you recommend any work done on a brand new car right after delivery? I'll be picking up my G35x soon so can't wait!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
Kevin, I saw your post on Autopia, I was wondering whose red G that was.
Excellent job. I will let you know when I am in Toronto next with my car and maybe we can meet.
Matt
Cool, you know where to find me!

Originally Posted by indycase
Hey Kevin, great info and thanks so much for sharing your extensive knowledge. Just wondering, do you recommend any work done on a brand new car right after delivery? I'll be picking up my G35x soon so can't wait!
Absolutely. There are a couple things you want to be aware of/take care of. First, dealers often "prep" cars, if at all possible tell them to skip that; just remove the shipping blocks and plastic. Don't let them wash or buff the car if at all possible; it's best to AVOID swirls right away, rather than having to deal with them later.

Assuming they don't prep the car I would take it home, hand wash it, clay it, then lay down a wax or sealant and just maintain from there (weekly wash, some quick detailing here and there, wax when needed). The important part here is the clay; the cars come overseas and are pretty covered in rail dust when they arrive. If the surface seems smooth you can skip it, but I'd do it personally.

If they do prep it make sure to wash it when you get home and thoroughly inspect for swirls/scratches. Odds are good that if they washed it then it'll have some, and you'll want to polish those out. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have when you get the car.

As an aside, I was talking with Chris about this just yesterday; when I lived in SF one of my most popular "packages" was new car prep. I'd basically come over (or go to the dealer) the day of pickup and wash, clay, and seal the car. Some people initially think "it's new, it doesn't need it", but that's the best way to help get the exterior surfaces off to a good start. Clay it smooth, lay down a sealant, and have one person wash it; it allows me (or your detailer, or you) to basically be the only person that touches the car, so it's easy to prevent marring, and quickly take care of any you get - the car stays sealed/waxed at all times, so you never have the issues a lot of guys do where heavy compounding is required to "fix" issues from improper washing, etc.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^nice job Kevin...and great looking car Chris.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
^nice job Kevin...and great looking car Chris.
Thought you'd like that

Old 08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Cool, you know where to find me!

Absolutely. There are a couple things you want to be aware of/take care of. First, dealers often "prep" cars, if at all possible tell them to skip that; just remove the shipping blocks and plastic. Don't let them wash or buff the car if at all possible; it's best to AVOID swirls right away, rather than having to deal with them later.

Assuming they don't prep the car I would take it home, hand wash it, clay it, then lay down a wax or sealant and just maintain from there (weekly wash, some quick detailing here and there, wax when needed). The important part here is the clay; the cars come overseas and are pretty covered in rail dust when they arrive. If the surface seems smooth you can skip it, but I'd do it personally.

If they do prep it make sure to wash it when you get home and thoroughly inspect for swirls/scratches. Odds are good that if they washed it then it'll have some, and you'll want to polish those out. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have when you get the car.

As an aside, I was talking with Chris about this just yesterday; when I lived in SF one of my most popular "packages" was new car prep. I'd basically come over (or go to the dealer) the day of pickup and wash, clay, and seal the car. Some people initially think "it's new, it doesn't need it", but that's the best way to help get the exterior surfaces off to a good start. Clay it smooth, lay down a sealant, and have one person wash it; it allows me (or your detailer, or you) to basically be the only person that touches the car, so it's easy to prevent marring, and quickly take care of any you get - the car stays sealed/waxed at all times, so you never have the issues a lot of guys do where heavy compounding is required to "fix" issues from improper washing, etc.
Great info Kevin. I will be taking delivery of my new Sedan about mid November. Would it be too cold to clay it and put on a coat of wax or sealant that time of year?

Old 08-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Great info Kevin. I will be taking delivery of my new Sedan about mid November. Would it be too cold to clay it and put on a coat of wax or sealant that time of year?
Shane, bring it over here while you're in town and we'll get it done in my heated garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobile-Detailing in the GTA