Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

CG everytime i wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CG everytime i wash?

I mixed my CG quick in a 3:1 ratio with distilled water

I now use a bigger spray bottle.

I mixed my CG wash 1:1 with distilled water

I use the CG wash to clean the car then dry with a leaf blower. Apply some distilled water using a sprayer then the CG quick. Spread and let dry

I was not doing the CG everytime but I have it down so right now I use very little each application and the car shines better everytime.

I was skeptical at first of CG until I tried the modified method and man it works great. No swirls etc as of yet.

Total detail time 1 time/week 1hr. 10 minutes when needed to wipe the rims and wife the bugs off the nose.

Great product and yes CG everytime you wash but you do not have to use too much to make it work. Mixing with water seems to make it last a little longer. Less chance of using too much.

Have a healthy day!
93 J30t, Black on Black (sold as of 9/10)
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 09-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

hey rambo, you're lucky you have one less thing to rain-x and buff. my arms feel like jelly after doing just the 4 windows and front windshield. i dread buffing.

the CG and rain-x did a great job on my drive up to chicago this past weekend. there were scattered areas of light rain along the freeway and the water just zipped right off the car. but of course, i was doing a tad bit of speeding. hehe.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

haha, sounds good (about the trip, not the buffing). Perhaps an orbital buffer can be used with RainX? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did you also have the dirty rear bumper that i mentioned in a previous post? Seems like water just does not want to bead off back there. My whole car is super clean except for the bumper, so nowadays i just use a towel to wipe it dry back there before it dries and spots.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

Old 09-30-2003, 12:43 AM

haha true, i could get one of those, but i feel like i've put in a good day's work on the car when i get jelly arms.

i didn't see that dirty bumper post. lol out, damn spot! i'll have to see how the bumper does after a good rain though. my car is usually indoors so i haven't noticed if the water beads off of it or not.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 PM

G-Girl,

I also have a moonroof and have yet to try CG... What happens if the CG gets on the windows? Does it stick to the windows or something, where you would need to remove it before applying something like Rain-X?

I have not used CG yet.... Does it really get rid of the swirl marks on the paint? I have a black car, so I know I am not the only one to bitch about the swirl marks... Do you have to remove the wax before your first application of CG? I have read the CG site, but there are so many different kinds of it, that I am kind of confused. I want to use the kind that you guys are talking about ($40 bottle) where you spray it on the car with water while you are washing it. Please advise. Thanks

Jaime

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson

Old 10-01-2003, 09:15 PM

I put CG on the windows on purpose. Gives the similar effect of Rainex without the streaks

Probably good to use dawn to wash before you apply

Look on the site but this is the gist of how the modified application goes. Tried the Manufacture one but the modified works better. And yes it does take out swirls and prevents them

I use micro fiber towls for everything

Wash car

Use leaf blower to dry car or just towel it off

Get three spray bottles, one for wash, one for distilled h2o and one for CG Quick. Wash is 1:1 ratio with dist h20, quick is 3:1 ratio Water to quick. The mixing helps prevent over use of product. Alittle goes a long way!

Spray one area with mist of dist water then use a spray or two of the Quick. Spread with clean microfiber towel that ha been sprayed with water to prevent absorbtion of the quick.

Work on another area while that one dries.

Wipe haze from dry are using a clean microfiber towel. When the water spots do not come off, spray a very litlle ammount of h20 on the area then dry.

Repeat on whole car.

I was skeptical but my black car shines great and no more swirls! I reapply Quick everyweekend when I clean her. Still have many applications left as I use very little each week.

Great stuff!

Have a healthy day!
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 10-01-2003, 10:51 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Jaime....get the $40 bottle of CG-Quick, its the easiest and best for the money. You should remove all wax before applying CG. CG wont really get out any swirl marks, if yours are unbearable, then you need to buff them out with a polisher. Then follow with the CG-quick app.

Basically there are 2 types of CG from their site. The Pro version, and then the Quick version. For normal every-day cars, you should be using the Quick version, it is very cheap and easy to use, compared to the Pro version.
The Pro version will take you an entire day to apply it, and you will need special spraying tools.
The Quick version only requires a microfiber cloth and small spray bottle of water (for best results)

Old 10-01-2003, 11:25 PM

Hi Rambo,

I have just bought my car in April (and keep it garaged most of the time) and have yet to wax it. Some people say that the car does come with wax and some people say that it doesn't, so I haven't done anything to it. Therefore, do I need to remove anything before I apply CG?

Please advise because I am at the point that I need to do something (either wax or CG)... I know that everyone says that it is worth it to get the CG, but I want to make sure that if I do go that route that I do it right. Thanks.

Jaime

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson

Old 10-02-2003, 12:29 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

Jaime,
The dealership usually details your car just before handing over the keys to you, so im sure they put a coat of wax on it in April. But typical waxes only last 2-4 weeks. Right now your car is naked and unprotected. That is probably why you are seeing alot of swirl marks. If you have time, i recommend to get them buffed out, either by a filler like 3M stuff, or professionally "cut" with an orbital polisher

After that, i would put an application of CG quick on there. Wait 2 days, make sure the car is clean (you dont have to wash with alot of soap, just use very little, should be a 10 minute handwash) then apply the second coat of CG on there.

I personally apply CG after every carwash because its so easy to do, and the shine+protection just builds up with every application.

According to CG's website, one application of CG quick will last 4-6 months.

From my experience, it will last 4 months (with an outdoor car) but the paint doesnt feel that smooth anymore after 4 months, until you reapply it!
Thats why i've started to put CG more and more often.

PM me if you need anything else dude.

Old 10-02-2003, 06:50 AM

I diagree, swirls and fine scratches do disappear. Dealer deatailed car then left some buffer marks and I had some fine swirls from their free hand wash.

They are not there anymore with the CG and no more have shown up

Have a healthy day!
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 10-02-2003, 09:00 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

really?
maybe it fills in the minor swirls.
I have a 1998 corolla thats all swirled/scratched up, and when i apply CG, the swirls are still there, but you have to be in the right light and right angle (up close) to see them.

Old 10-02-2003, 09:19 AM

well it is newer so the swirls and such are not deep nut were noticable under light. This is my second black car and the last one I gave up on and did my best. That was before CG. I expect this car to look great for a long time with their product

The corolla probably needs to be buffed out with swirl remover first the apply cg to remove the look of the remover and keep the swirls to a min.

Have a healthy day!
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 10-02-2003, 02:53 PM

"I put CG on the windows on purpose. Gives the similar effect of Rainex without the streaks"

juiceman... what kind of streaks are you talking about?

i just use CG for the body and rims because i can use rain-x for the windows. i've also heard of people using CG on their interior. where else do you CG?

Old 10-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I CG'ed my cat. Tada, no dander!

T

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-02-2003, 03:10 PM

I used to use Rainex on other cars. It kind of had a film on it after a few days that streaked. Was not really happy with it so I stopped. I also tried their antifog with the same results on the inside (that car had a busted AC so defrost was a no go)

I have been using CG on the windows for 3 weeks now with excellent results. Maybe not as flowing at low speeds but anything over 45+ it works good. Here in FL I have had good chance to test it.

I am using CG on my interior painted and hard plastic parts. Haven't decided what to use on the padded vinyl yet. Any suggestions let me know. On the interior, I use the spread towel from the outside to apply it to the inside. Already some left in it. Noticed lower dust collection inside since I've used it

Hope it helps

Have a healthy day!
03.5 G35, Black on Black

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CG everytime i wash?