Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Noob with Car Wash. (recommandation needed for products Weekly wash)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob with Car Wash. (recommandation needed for products Weekly wash)

Can anyone give me a recommandation of what products to use for weekly wash? I have searched so many but still could not figure out which ones are the best.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Can you apply Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant On Chrome Wheel Lip also to protect or to just wheels?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If you have a Costco membership, then buy the big jug of meguiar's gold class, which is pretty decent and cheap. Go to walmart and buy the EuroW sheepskin washmitts, make sure you choose the plushest ones and check for dirt etc. Buy 2 5 gallon buckets and use 1 for rinsing and 1 for the soap solution. To dry, I use a leaf blower to remove a majority of the water and follow up with a few microfiber cloths.
To wash, work in small sections, I like to split the car into 4 parts, front, each side, and rear, followed by the wheels and exhaust using a different washmitt to keep my ones for the paint cleaner. When doing the final rinse, take off the nozzle and use a gentle stream of water so the water cascades of the surface leaving less to have to dry in the end. Thats about it as far as washing, just make sure to have a good layer of wax/sealant on there so that washing is easier

Old 07-13-2006, 12:21 AM
I agree with Meg's Gold Class, great soap which can be found almost anywhere (target, pepboys, etc). The two bucket method is great, I would also consider purchasing a Grit-Guard (http://www.autogeek.net/gg1010.html) to put in your rinse bucket. This thing literally cleans my wash mitts by rubbing against it and all the dirt/dust/grime stays at the bottom. That way you keep your soap bucket pretty clean and dirt free.

Get at least two washmitts, one for the upper half of the car and another for the lower rockers/dirtiest panels.

A waffle-weave microfiber drying towel works great, I've had good experiences with Meguiars Water Magnet, which again can be found at Pepboys. This thing just drinks up the water.

For wheel cleaning, if it isn't dirty usually the car soap will do, but if there' some stubborn brake dust and grime, Eagle 1 All Wheel and Tire Cleaner works great. Get a soft brush to agitate the product onto the wheels.

Depending on what you use for your protection (wax/sealant/combo), get a quick detailer. It gives you that freshly waxed look after your car wash. I personally use FinishKare 425 (www.fk1usa.com).

Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 AM
ok thx for your comments. I do have Volk sf-challenge with Chrome Lip, can i use wheel wax or sealant on the lip also?

Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by BombRush
ok thx for your comments. I do have Volk sf-challenge with Chrome Lip, can i use wheel wax or sealant on the lip also?

Verbatim from Poorboy's:

"Long lasting protection for wheels against the environment and brake dust...makes clean-ups a breeze, even on the worst wheels. Use it on any type of wheel!"

I'm assuming it's safe to use on chrome as well. If you're uneasy you should call their number, they're always willing to help and great to talk to for advice.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I clean with the P21S Metal Polishing Soap and then protect with the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. The Metal Polishing Soap is fantastic, just get the supplied sponge wet and wipe it across the soap. It creates a nice lather that does the whole wheel. It deep cleans the wheel and helps it shine bright. Then I rinse it off and apply a coat of the Wheel Sealant. The wheels look great and are well protected after that.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Punchit
I clean with the P21S Metal Polishing Soap and then protect with the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. The Metal Polishing Soap is fantastic, just get the supplied sponge wet and wipe it across the soap. It creates a nice lather that does the whole wheel. It deep cleans the wheel and helps it shine bright. Then I rinse it off and apply a coat of the Wheel Sealant. The wheels look great and are well protected after that.

Is it safe to use the metal polish for every time you wash the wheels? like weekly? If its any good I think I'll try it, but I feel like the brush would be impossible to clean with all that brake dust gunk...