Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help.Stains on the paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:42 PM
Premier Member
naw i work at a body shop...thats ur last resort...i would do

a wet sand and buff with a polish and wax =)

this will revoe any scratches and ur car will shine much longer then thats clay bar lol

wet sand is so much better and then do a buff polish n wax

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:43 PM
llatusabes - choose carefully the route you take. If you have never used a clay bar before and know absolutely nothing about them you may want to read up a little bit before taking the bar to the paint.

I do agree that claying is good for the car, BUT only when done correctly and when a little bit of knowledge is had.

For example
question: what happens if you are claying and you drop the bar? What action would you take?
answer: Throw the clay away. Not everyone knows this.
It will have picked up anything that was on the ground and you will wind up causing more damage to your paint.

I feel that some of the responses on this thread are way out there and I'd hate to see you screwing anything up.

If claying, polishing, waxing, and so forth is not something that you may have the desire to do (or learn to do) CORRECTLY bring your car to a professional detailer and have them look at the spots.

If you want to learn to do this yourself I would suggest you visit www.autopia.org as it is a great resource for auto detailing information.

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Scootch
naw i work at a body shop...thats ur last resort...i would do

a wet sand and buff with a polish and wax =)

this will revoe any scratches and ur car will shine much longer then thats clay bar lol

wet sand is so much better and then do a buff polish n wax
Dude, come on. You tell someone NOT to use clay but suggest to a person who doesn't even know what clay is to use sandpaper on their paint.

That is insane!

Just because you work at a body shop doesn't mean you know the proper methods to detailing a vehicle (proven by you telling a rookie to wet sand their car ). Most body shops don't detail anyway and I hope they don't wax a car whose paint is not cured yet.

And one more thing. Please explain how claying a vehicle is the cause of fish eyes.
I believe that bad body shop processes cause fish eyes, not automotive clay.

Last edited by twitch; 07-21-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2006 | 04:01 PM
Premier Member
dude..not sand paper....u get a DA with a pad and wet ur panel down and just let the da do the work..its easier then use a clay bar and btr results

fish eyes...come from catamiation of the paint...like ur tire shine..let that stuff sit on ur paint even tho u whiped it down but after u drive it still spits up.....on the paint and that will catamiant the paint..just like the silicone spary most people use to detail the inside of the car.....get over spary on ur car..it will catamiate ur paint..wont rust or be visible...but if u go to repaint the car or do anything to the paint u will notice the spots

well i am sry...but every1 has there own ways of doign ther car and this is mine so my bad

Last edited by Scootch; 07-21-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2006 | 05:47 PM
|
o.k guys...Update: I went ahead and took all your advices and the mission has failed. I tried gasoline, wax, detailer with clay bar and all of them have not taken out the stains Looks like the paint absorbed the silicone or something. So take this as a lesson anyone who puts silicone on thier tires w/ a white or light colored car, make sure it is dry, before you drive off because it will damage the paint! This sucks because I just put new wheels on and the paint job it had was impeccable. On the bright side of things I have a body kit coming in, so, when I go to the body shop to put in on I will have them wetsand it and take off the stains

Thanks anyways for the input.

Old 07-22-2006 | 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Scootch
dude..not sand paper....u get a DA with a pad and wet ur panel down and just let the da do the work..its easier then use a clay bar and btr results

fish eyes...come from catamiation of the paint...like ur tire shine..let that stuff sit on ur paint even tho u whiped it down but after u drive it still spits up.....on the paint and that will catamiant the paint..just like the silicone spary most people use to detail the inside of the car.....get over spary on ur car..it will catamiate ur paint..wont rust or be visible...but if u go to repaint the car or do anything to the paint u will notice the spots

well i am sry...but every1 has there own ways of doign ther car and this is mine so my bad
Wetsand = sanding with 2000/3000 grit sandpaper to remove orange peel. You do not work in a bodyshop and you don't know what the hell you are saying. You are not being helpful here.

Old 07-23-2006 | 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by rAizE2k

You should claybar your car as it is in fact GOOD for your car. It removes all the impurities in your paint, even things you cannot see but can feel. It is in no way shape or form BAD for your car unless maybe you did it like every day.
Claybar is definitely good for your car, I wouldn't do it too much but it's better than polishing your car 2-3 times a month It won't damage your paint and you could feel and see the difference when you do. I would try polishing out the stains, I've had similar hard water stains before and a good lightly abrasive polish would probably work. I claybar 3 times a year...check out the ride...https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share/108514-just-zaino-d-my-black-g35-coupe-6mt.html

Old 07-23-2006 | 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by llatusabes
o.k guys...Update: I went ahead and took all your advices and the mission has failed. I tried gasoline, wax, detailer with clay bar and all of them have not taken out the stains Looks like the paint absorbed the silicone or something. So take this as a lesson anyone who puts silicone on thier tires w/ a white or light colored car, make sure it is dry, before you drive off because it will damage the paint! This sucks because I just put new wheels on and the paint job it had was impeccable. On the bright side of things I have a body kit coming in, so, when I go to the body shop to put in on I will have them wetsand it and take off the stains

Thanks anyways for the input.
Post an image of the damage so we can help you out better dude.