Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Where to buy pad in Long Island NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy pad in Long Island NY

Does anybody know a good car detailing place where I can buy pads for the PC 7336 in Long Island NY?

Since I'm new to using a porter cable I would like to see the pads / backing plates before buying just to see what the differences are.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I think you can try Pauls Distributors in Freeport. I believe he has some Meguires and forgot the other brand. Small store, but it's the only detailing supply place I know of. The only other option is Body Shop supply stores. Chroma Paint in Hicksville has some, but selection is very limited. Your best bet is to go on Autopia and get some feedback from guys. Most guys like the lake country pads. Try looking on Danase.com, Exceldetail.com, etc. I have ordered from both places and both offer exceptional service that goes above and beyond the rest!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks Diesel.

I just picked up a 2007 G35 so the paint is in excellent condition. The paint color is Blue Slate which I've noticed some light swirl marks. I'd like to get rid of them and put a sealer on while the weather is still decent.

I've been doing some research and I'm leaning towards the Menzerna products, especially the Menzerna FMJ. Since I'm still new to this, after washing the car I would use a polish to remove the swirl marks and then apply the FMJ sealer?

Which pads do I use with each and what speed do I put the PC on?

Usually I'm not so nervous about working on the car but since it's brand new and I plan on using products that I'm not familiar with I'm a little hesitant. I used to be a wash and wax type of guy but wax doesn't last that long so I've been researching other products.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes you would use the polish first before you would apply the sealant, or commonly referred to as the LSP (last step product). I suggest you check out autopia.org, lots of good info there. I used a orange pad w/ menzerna intensive polish, white pad w/ menzerna final polish, and applied wax by hand. (you can also use red pad to apply wax) My PC is on speed 4 when I am polishing. But I suggest you read up some first, theres a plethora of info that will help you in your process. : ) Good luck!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:09 PM
I have a new bottle of FMJ that I can sell ya! I paid 39 plus shipping and used it once. It was a 16oz bottle new and it has over 15 ozs left (Approximately 15.5 ozs or more). I love Menzerna polishes! Seeing as your G is new, I would reco you pick up some Menzerna IP and a either Menzerna 106ff or since they only sell the 106ff in a larger size and it's about $50, you can use the blackfire ceramiclear polish which is made by the same company and supposedly the same thing. You can buy a smaller bottle at a fraction of teh cost of the 106ff. I haven't tried the 106FF yet but it is next on my list. Everyone on Autopia loves it, especially G guys who find that it finishes down the best on the finicky Infiniti paint.

As for pads, you need a light polishing pad and a finishing pad. That should suffice enough for now to get u started.

Where on LI are you?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
hey drew where you been? give me a call still need to roll my fenders im in project mode

Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
I have a new bottle of FMJ that I can sell ya! I paid 39 plus shipping and used it once. It was a 16oz bottle new and it has over 15 ozs left (Approximately 15.5 ozs or more). I love Menzerna polishes! Seeing as your G is new, I would reco you pick up some Menzerna IP and a either Menzerna 106ff or since they only sell the 106ff in a larger size and it's about $50, you can use the blackfire ceramiclear polish which is made by the same company and supposedly the same thing. You can buy a smaller bottle at a fraction of teh cost of the 106ff. I haven't tried the 106FF yet but it is next on my list. Everyone on Autopia loves it, especially G guys who find that it finishes down the best on the finicky Infiniti paint.

As for pads, you need a light polishing pad and a finishing pad. That should suffice enough for now to get u started.

Where on LI are you?

I'm in Plainview. How about you?

I just placed an order with some guys up in Albany (detailed image).
They were pretty helpful. I should have the stuff by tomorrow so I should be ready for Saturday. It's supposed to be a nice day.

What is 106ff? I can't find it. Where do you buy your stuff from?

Old 01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by siravast
I'm in Plainview. How about you?

I just placed an order with some guys up in Albany (detailed image).
They were pretty helpful. I should have the stuff by tomorrow so I should be ready for Saturday. It's supposed to be a nice day.

What is 106ff? I can't find it. Where do you buy your stuff from?
LOL I'm in Hicksville! I might actually be moving to Plainview in a few months if the plans for a condo go through! I have a Black modded coupe that is always up at the shopping center driving through!

106FF is a ceramiclear polish made by Menzerna. They say to only use it for cerami-clears like the 05+ Mercedes, AUdi's I think etc, but teh guys on Autopia find that it finsihes better than Menzerna FPII and leaves a better shine!

I've ordered from detailed image. Fast shipping, decent prices, but being NY residents we pay taxes too!

PAKSHAK is another great site if you want to buy Menzerna polishes and great MF's

Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
LOL I'm in Hicksville! I might actually be moving to Plainview in a few months if the plans for a condo go through! I have a Black modded coupe that is always up at the shopping center driving through!

106FF is a ceramiclear polish made by Menzerna. They say to only use it for cerami-clears like the 05+ Mercedes, AUdi's I think etc, but teh guys on Autopia find that it finsihes better than Menzerna FPII and leaves a better shine!

I've ordered from detailed image. Fast shipping, decent prices, but being NY residents we pay taxes too!

PAKSHAK is another great site if you want to buy Menzerna polishes and great MF's

That's funny that you live so close.

I wanted to get something fast so I can work on it on Saturday since it's going to be a nice day. I ordered with them yesterday and it's out on the truck for delivery today so I don't really mind the sales tax.

Thanks for the info and good luck with the condo.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
The new Menzerna PF106FF is awesome. What they did is they developed a new polishing particle that smaller than the ones previously used. They put more a more dense collection of these particles in the formula for a little more cutting power than the FPII but probably not quite as much as the IP. However the PF106FF is a one step product (needs no follow up polish) that finishes the clear coat down super smooth. I'm a big Menzerna fan and the PF106FF is a cut (no pun intended) above their previous polishes. I highly recommend it if you haven't already tried it!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
damn you all, i might have to give that a shot next time. drew gl w/ the condo, scary aint it

Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by tkman00
damn you all, i might have to give that a shot next time. drew gl w/ the condo, scary aint it

Thanks man. Trying to work sumtin out with an "affordable" housing thing. Since LI house are so expensive and condos in decent areas are few n far between, I applied for this program but I'm sure so did 1,000 other peeps. 28 units available and god knows how many applicants!

I am sure it will all go to friggin town employees, but I tried. Only cost $100 to apply so I said fug it, gotta roll the dice! If this don't work, I'll be looking for a cardboard box somewhere! Damn flatscreens are killing. My fat **** don't fit in those narrow boxes!!! BRING BACK PROJECTIONS!!!! LOL

Old 01-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
hey drew where you been? give me a call still need to roll my fenders im in project mode

Ahhhhhh are you able to steal a bay?