Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Rocks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2003 | 03:53 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Re: Zaino Rocks!

Yes you definitely want all water spots gone. The Zaino will seal them up. Make sure any smudges, tree sap, bug guts, etc are removed as well. If you have a hard time getting rid of all of your water spots there's an easy fix. Get some bottled water and a small cloth and just wipe over the water spots. They will disappear and the bottled water will leave nothing behind.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, Nav, Aero, Nismo CAI, V1, PS2, AVelectronic Tuner, Headrest Monitors, Splash Guards..
Jax, FL

Old 12-29-2003 | 10:43 PM
|

I did dry the car completely before applying the Z2 (with ZFX). Make sure you rinse the car very well to get all of the residue and soap off.

The good thing is that the application process (like most waxes and sealants) will help you to remove any minor paint impurities and watermarks.

The process is quite easy, so take your time and enjoy!

G35 Coupe | Twilight Blue | 6MT | 35% Tint | Zaino!
View Car Pics at: http://members.cardomain.com/sting_nc_g35

Old 01-04-2004 | 09:58 AM

Very nice pics!

I went online to order at zainostore.com. They don't ship to NJ (doh!). Also there is only one store in NJ that carries their products and a distributor in PA that will ship here. I'm trying to get some there. Really weird! Why is this? Anyone know?

Old 01-04-2004 | 10:29 PM

so having tinted windows does not effect the zaino application procedure i assume. pretty much, can you use zaino on every exterior part (windows, body, wheels, lighting)?

Old 01-05-2004 | 10:10 AM

As far as i know, Zaino is a polymer, and is only for your paint, so no windows or rims.

Old 01-06-2004 | 09:42 PM
From: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

To correct some confusion
-absolutely do your wheels, the stuff will have brake dust jumping off your rims- won't hurt a bit- recommend 2 coats of z2.
After dawn wash, if you want the result in the pics, clay bar is essential, after which, wash again with car wash then dry. I can't say enouf about the clay bar. Clay barred my G, did not clay bar my wife's Accord, then Zaino'd both. You can see, but equally importantly FEEL the difference between the cars. Amazing how much crap the bar takes off even a new car.
For the zaino clay bar, rather than z6 detailer, Zaino recommends a dilute mix of zaino car wash soap and water- check the site for the exact details.
As for perfection in drying, zaino will not lock in water spots unless they're really bad; for most, zaino does clean as it applied and will remove minor spots and any minor stuff you've missed when washing.
Great pics btw- really good job.

Cheers,
Derek

DB

Old 01-08-2004 | 03:06 AM

Hey Sting, Do you have any swirl marks on your G35 yet? I used the Z5 polish (I think thats the scratch one or is it Z2?) and it didnt really do a good job taking them out.

Also, its been a while since I last zaino'd my car, at least 3 months. I put about 3 layers on mine the first time and havent touched it since. Well, now my paint isnt as smooth as before and I wanted to clay bar it again. Do I have to wash the car with Dawn and then claybar? Or can I just wash it and then claybar it?

Thanks guys.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 01-08-2004 | 09:58 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

Just wash it, Z6, then Z5, then Z6 again, and then Z2. Or if you're worried about your swirl marks do 2 coats of Z5 and then do some Z2 the next time you do it. You shouldn't need to claybar it all over again.

Also have you been using the Z6 after washing in the last 3 months? That helps a lot.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-08-2004 | 08:22 PM

Got my Zaino kit today in the mail but it's freakin' artic here in NJ right now! Ughhh....

Old 01-08-2004 | 09:09 PM
|

No Swirl Marks...yet. Z5 is supposed to be good at removing swirl marks, so be sure it is Z5 and not Z2.

You should be able to claybar the car without the Dawn procedure and it should be fine. Not sure if you use any of the "touchless" car washes, but if you do, they tend to use fairly harsh detergents, so be careful.

Make sure that you are using the Z6 spray to keep the finish glossy. Z6 seems to do a great job of maintaining the original shine.

Hope this helps!

G35 Coupe | Twilight Blue | 6MT | 35% Tint | Zaino!
View Car Pics at: http://members.cardomain.com/sting_nc_g35

Old 01-13-2004 | 08:35 PM
From: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

Also be sure to use Z5 as per instructions- no swirls in applying, just vertical strokes on every surface (towards the ground, straight lines), not wax on wax off ;o)

Cheers,
D

DB