Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

In ZAINO We Trust (Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007 | 10:08 PM
|
In ZAINO We Trust (Pics)

I started using Zaino four months ago by doing the whole process, which took about 10 hrs. It went under-appreciated since it was a new car. I've since washed with Zaino car wash about five times, but no polishing. This weekend, I washed with Zaino car wash and the Z-6 gloss enhancer. Wow, what a difference!!! Not only is the car squeaky clean (like looking in a mirror), it also feels smooth to the touch.

Now I can honestly say I'll never go back to wax ever again. Saw a car on the road that looks like it's just been waxed, and all I can think of is "nice swirls buddy!" Didn't notice that about wax until after I started using Zaino. Check out the before an dafter pics.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 02-18-2007 | 10:28 PM
very nice... zaino is expensive...but sooner or later ill buy some.. everyone loves it...

Old 02-18-2007 | 10:53 PM
Compared to what.............?

Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
very nice... zaino is expensive...but sooner or later ill buy some.. everyone loves it...
Basically Zaino is the same price as Meguiar's but requires more steps to look
acceptable. And not "everyone" loves Zaino! I've never used this product
because I'm stuck with a higher end product called Zymol. Once you've used
Zymol it's impossible to go back to common waxes and cleaners available at
your local autoparts store or on-line! At $330 lb for Zymol Concourse it's
kept in my frig much to the dislike of my wife. It contains 90% white Brazillian
carnauba which is the hardest stuff on the planet. Tree sap or bird poop
has no effect on my paint.....just washes off.

Old 02-19-2007 | 02:18 AM
I just checked out the Zymol products and wow those are very expensive!!! The Zymol Royale is a cool $7,118 for those of you that want the ultimate shine that's just crazy man!!

Here's the site it anyone is intersted:
http://www.emmonscoachworks.com/ecom...alog.cfm?cat=4

Last edited by TRUGRIDER; 02-19-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2007 | 08:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Looks very good.

FWIW, zaino z5/z2 do not prevent or remove swirls.

Old 02-19-2007 | 10:03 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
I always wanted to try that product, but never have time to read up on it and choose the right one.
anyone can suggest something?
I'm looking for something that will give me similar results as on the pix above, but something that will not require 1001 steps to complete.

Old 02-19-2007 | 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by picus112
Looks very good.

FWIW, zaino z5/z2 do not prevent or remove swirls.
Picus, I think (hope) that he meant the "wax" swirls that some people get after they wax a car with wax rather than sealants.

Old 02-19-2007 | 11:53 AM
i pretty much get the same effect with Meguiars...Maybe someday ill try it, i dont like the fact that everyone that has used it has posted having to work on cleaning and detailing the G for over 6 hours....thats a bit too long for me to work on detailing a car...It takes me bout 2 1/2 hours to clean my G inside out

Old 02-19-2007 | 11:58 AM
Does 2 1/2 hrs include washing, claying, getting rid of swirls and waxing. I had to wash a car, clean inside and apply zaino wax 2 coats of z5 and it took me a hour and a half, including dry time for the wax to settle. Using zaino doesn't take a long time at all it's easy to put on and easy to take off. It's removing swirls that takes a long time which is the reason (i hope) it takes someone 6 hours to detail their car.

Old 02-19-2007 | 12:56 PM
|
It took me a long time the first time since I did two coats of Z2/Z5. It also rained while I was applying the second coat. I had to move the car into the garage and it took a while for the Z2 to dry due to the moisture in the air. This long process is only meant to be done once a year (if garage kept, twice a year if not), so I don't mind it too much. I also cleaned the interior leather, rubber, glass, and carpet, along with wheels and tires which are included within the 10 hours.

I haven't tried Meguiars so I couldn't compare the two. All I can say is Zaino gives me no reason to try anything else. It is a expensive; however after hearing about Zymol from gary_c's post, I'm not complaining

Old 02-20-2007 | 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Fassster10
i pretty much get the same effect with Meguiars...
I don't doubt that at all. A good detail is, in my book, 99% about surface prep and technique and only a small percent about the actual products used. I have Zaino on the daily drivers and I think it holds up well. I have Poorboys on one of the garage queens. I have Pinnacle on another garage queen. Find what is best for your application technique and use for the vehicle and be happy.

Out of the whole Zaino line, I think their leather goop is my favorite though!

Old 02-20-2007 | 11:17 AM
So shinny....damn I wish this cold up north weather would go somewhere.

Old 02-26-2007 | 05:45 PM
boknows
Wow - that is some nice Zaino-ing that you've done - nice work.

BTW, am I the only one that finds it amusing that you have a longhorn logo in the back and USC license plate frames !?!?
You are probably the most politically correct person in all of Austin - I see you running for some kind of political office shortly

Old 03-02-2007 | 08:02 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Zaino makes a killer product line.

I sold off 99% of my clientèle from my detailing business and the products I reach for 95% of the time on my personal vehicles, start with Z. They are just *that* good.

Old 03-03-2007 | 12:01 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: In ZAINO We Trust (Pics)