Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...I already ordered Poorboy's SSR2.5 and SSR1 for finish polish. Also Sealent for protection and gloss. Are they allow to use still??..since you recommend me other products..(Spent about $250 from ur online store!! thanks for good products)

Also there are some weird yellow small dots and cannot remove it with washing it. I need to use finger nails to remove it...Can I use wet P2000 grit to remove and use SSR2.5 and SSR1???I am like newbie for detailing.

BTW, where can I get alcohol (50/50) for wiping out residues??

Last edited by drifts500; 10-08-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Newb to car detailing.

Hey George,

I've been using Armor all wash + wax.
Then polish with Meguiar's/16 oz. deep crystal liquid polish.
Afterwards I'd use their paste wax..

All of this is done by hand.

So what I'm trying to do now is actually clean up my car starting with the exterior..

I was thinking about getting Chemical Guys Citrus, but I can't decide which one to use.
The wash and clear or wash and gloss.

And what should I do about the polish and waxing? So I keep those two and just add a sealent?

I also have a bunch of small pebble knicks on my front bumper and some mini straches..
What should I use to remove them?

Thanks bunches.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
My order should be here today! Can't wait to try out the Supernatural!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by billvernon
Thank you very much, George, for that excellent advice. I'll follow it.

Be well. Bill
Thanks Bill. Keep me posted on what you end up using and how things turn out for you.

Originally Posted by drifts500
Thanks...I already ordered Poorboy's SSR2.5 and SSR1 for finish polish. Also Sealent for protection and gloss. Are they allow to use still??..since you recommend me other products..(Spent about $250 from ur online store!! thanks for good products)

Also there are some weird yellow small dots and cannot remove it with washing it. I need to use finger nails to remove it...Can I use wet P2000 grit to remove and use SSR2.5 and SSR1???I am like newbie for detailing.

BTW, where can I get alcohol (50/50) for wiping out residues??
You can certainly still use the Poorboy's SSR 2.5 / 1 combo, it works well, I'm just more partial to the Menzerna polishes myself.

For the yellow small dots, chances are you are describing rail dust. These can easily be removed with a clay bar and lube. Do this prior to polishing for a properly prepped surface that will yield better results when it comes to polishing and sealing.

Isopropyl alcohol can be found at any local drug store, CVS, Rite Aid, WalGreens, etc. Usually only costs a couple bucks for a bottle.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Originally Posted by airriickz
Hey George,

I've been using Armor all wash + wax.
Then polish with Meguiar's/16 oz. deep crystal liquid polish.
Afterwards I'd use their paste wax..

All of this is done by hand.

So what I'm trying to do now is actually clean up my car starting with the exterior..

I was thinking about getting Chemical Guys Citrus, but I can't decide which one to use.
The wash and clear or wash and gloss.

And what should I do about the polish and waxing? So I keep those two and just add a sealent?

I also have a bunch of small pebble knicks on my front bumper and some mini straches..
What should I use to remove them?

Thanks bunches.
Both the Citrus Wash & Gloss or Wash & Clear are great shampoos to use to start with a fresh surface. If you want a dedicated shampoo to strip protection, go with the Citrus Wash & Clear. If you want a combo shampoo to use as a regular maintenance wash or for stripping off protection, go with Citrus Wash & Gloss. The gloss agents in CW&G are nicer for the maintenance washes, but both shampoos can do either (maintain or strip depending on their dilution ratio).

Chances are you won't remove many imperfections if your applying Meg's Deep Crystal Polish by hand. If you really want to get the most out of the polishing stage, you're going to need to invest in a quality buffer, such as the Porter Cable 7424XP or Flex XC3401VRG. I'd pair them up with the appropriate Lake Country pads and Menzerna polish(es) for professional quality results every time. It's a bit of an expense up front, but in the long run, it's worth it's weight in gold. I'd suggest starting by reading our polishing guide before you tackle using a buffer for the first time.

You can use their wax alone, or add a sealant underneath. The key is to reapply the wax (usually has a life of about 4 weeks) before the protection runs out. So ideally, you'd want to apply the wax once a month or so. Sealants will last between 3 to 6 months depending on a lot of factors. Optimum Opti-Seal is one of our easiest to apply sealants and longest lasting.

Regarding the pebbles and scratches and chips, if you get the buffer, it will help minimize the scratches. If you wanted a better option, you'd want to use touch up paint on the nicks and scratches that are through the paint. Blob the paint slightly higher than the OEM paint, sometimes multiple applications are needed. Allow for all of the paint to fully cure, then wet sand it down using 2000 grade sand paper. After sanding to an even level as the OEM paint, you'll need to polish away the wet sanding marks. If you go this route, you definitely want to invest in one of those buffers, it is difficult to completely remove wet sanding marks by hand and restore the paint to it's maximum depth and gloss.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Originally Posted by ttrank
My order should be here today! Can't wait to try out the Supernatural!!!
Tim,

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the Supernatural wax, especially compared to the Dodo Double Wax. Keep us posted

George

Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Grocery getter

So the first coat of supernatural is on.

So far I am very impressed. I had low expectations for how much I would notice on my almost 6 year old, daily-driven paint. The depth and overall shine is very impressive with even a single coat. This is good stuff! I'll wait and post a full review with pics when I am done.

Going to try and get two more coats on over the weekend.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks !

I just spent over 200$

I forgot to add the soap. Doh.

Is there anyway to add it in there so I can save $$ and not pay shipping again?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Grocery getter

Email or call them directly before your order ships.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
+2
Already emailed them but coudln't find their number.
Thanks though.

They don't ship it out till monday anyways, I think i'm good.

I got some super natural too. haha.
But I also got the Dodo shampoo for normal washes.
I heard it smells good

Did you ever come down to Sacramento CA?
I saw someone with exact same plates. TIMMAH lol..

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Grocery getter

No, never had my car up there. Been there, in fact, got married up in Bodega Bay but didn't have my car there.

IMO you will like the Supernatural! I tried the 30mL and it looks like I will get ~3+ coats from it. This stuff has amazing depth.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh haha, bad memory I guess. Probably similiar. These too many G's in Sac and Elk Grove.

Ahh, did you put it on by hand?

I'm still trying to find something to cover up a ciggertte burn in my backseat..
It burned a hole into the leather..
Some douche put his cig down my window at school.

Maybe I'll put some cute band aid over it.. lol

Old 10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Grocery getter

No, I use the Lake Country Red Foam Applicator Pad to apply wax. I tried the double wax by hand last time and it was way more of a pain. These help apply it nice and even.

As for your seat, that sucks.
My only guess would be to have a shop replace that part of the seat material. They would pul the seat cover and sew on a new part there. My guess would be $100-150.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Grocery getter

Just spent an hour on your site writing reviews for some of the products I have used.
My car is so happy that I found your site!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
So the first coat of supernatural is on.

So far I am very impressed. I had low expectations for how much I would notice on my almost 6 year old, daily-driven paint. The depth and overall shine is very impressive with even a single coat. This is good stuff! I'll wait and post a full review with pics when I am done.

Going to try and get two more coats on over the weekend.
Nice, can't wait to see some pics with multiple coats of Supernatural. Should be looking stunning!

Originally Posted by airriickz
Thanks !

I just spent over 200$

I forgot to add the soap. Doh.

Is there anyway to add it in there so I can save $$ and not pay shipping again?
Got your e-mails, let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Just spent an hour on your site writing reviews for some of the products I have used.
My car is so happy that I found your site!
Tim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post up the reviews of the products you used. I know a lot of our customers use it as a buying tool when they are on our site. The more reviews of products the better decisions people can make when choosing the best products for their needs.

Thanks again and can't wait to see some more pics of your G

George

Old 10-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey! another question. I am very sorry about asking too much questions. My question is that I did some touch up paints since there were holes after I took out the front license plate bracket. Of course, I used patch for holes. Anyway, surface is rough and there are some yellow spots that I think I might need to use sandpapers. Clay wont work very well..So which grit sandpaper should I use? I am thinking about buying P1500, P2000, P3000 3m sandpaper and wet them prior to sanding it. After all sanding, I am gonna use Poorboy's SSR2.5 and SSR 1 for finish polish...are they okay??..Cuz I did not buy SSR3....Thanks anyway!

Last edited by drifts500; 10-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by drifts500
Hey! another question. I am very sorry about asking too much questions. My question is that I did some touch up paints since there were holes after I took out the front license plate bracket. Of course, I used patch for holes. Anyway, surface is rough and there are some yellow spots that I think I might need to use sandpapers. Clay wont work very well..So which grit sandpaper should I use? I am thinking about buying P1500, P2000, P3000 3m sandpaper and wet them prior to sanding it. After all sanding, I am gonna use Poorboy's SSR2.5 and SSR 1 for finish polish...are they okay??..Cuz I did not buy SSR3....Thanks anyway!
Sounds like a pretty solid plan. The higher the grade sandpaper you finish with the easier you will be able to polish out the wet sanding marks. SSR 2.5 shouldn't have any problems removing 3000 grade sand paper marks.

Good luck and keep us posted how things turn out.

George

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...