Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Mother's Car Care Appearance Products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Mother's Car Care Appearance Products?

Hello folks. What do you think of Mother's Car Care Appearance products? I am looking at an eight page catalogue and I am impressed with the wide array of products they have to offer! Does anyone here have any favorite Mother's products they like to use?

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic lubricants for 19 years

Last edited by HiTechOilCo; 05-20-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I use "pre-wax cleaner"-it gets tar and bugs off really good. Clay bar is a bit weak, so I got BlackFire clay bar from properautocare.com
Quick detailing spray is good too.
Mothers has good stuff and if you take time to prepare the surface(clay bar and polish), you will have excellent results.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by obender66
I use "pre-wax cleaner"-it gets tar and bugs off really good. Clay bar is a bit weak, so I got BlackFire clay bar from properautocare.com
Quick detailing spray is good too.
Mothers has good stuff and if you take time to prepare the surface(clay bar and polish), you will have excellent results.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am considering offering the Mother's line of products to my customers, but I want to be sure they are top notch products before I do so.

With the clay bar, will using a polishing compound do the same, or better, job than the clay bar will? I am not familiar with these clay bar products at all. Anyone out there have any advice or experiences?

Anyone else have any experiences with Mother's products, either good or bad? All feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic lubricants for 19 years

Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Steve, I would stick with the clay bar rather than going with a compound. If you have a dark color car and use a rubbing compound on it...well, it will be scratched to hell and very noticeable. The mother’s clay bar will not scratch the paint at all unless used without the lubricant; as long as the paint is lubricated the clay bar will not scratch very easily. The mothers clay bar is an excellent clay bar! I have used it on my car multiple times and every time I am impressed with the results. The only way I can see the mother’s clay bar being "weak" is if your paint has really been abused. If you regularly wash the car and wax it at least once every couple months the mothers clay bar will do a fantastic job.

I have been using their 3 step products for a while now and I must say the results are very impressive for "over the counter" products.

-Sean

Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I haven't had much expereince with a lot of Mothers products other than the polishing compunds. Have you considered any other brands. Meguires is my personal favorite.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
I haven't had much expereince with a lot of Mothers products other than the polishing compunds. Have you considered any other brands. Meguires is my personal favorite.
I agree, i prefer meguires over just about everything out there, but i always try new products . Im waiting for my mothers stuff to run out before i switch back to meguires.

-Sean

Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I have silver car, not OB(whish is probably "obsidian black"). Tiny specs of rail dust are much more visible on silver, than black and Mothers Bar couldn't remove them 100%. Surface would be perfect to the touch, but not to the eye.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ur in luck man. i have tried both mother's and meguiers products. so far, the waxes from mother's are way better then meguiers. from my personal experiences.

I used meguiers gold class, nxt and meguiers cleaner wax and was not impressed with the gloss from either products. they left my car looking a little oily and had traces of oily residue (mostly when using NXT) which were removable but still did not provide the "wet shine look i was going for.

the only thing I liked were leather conditioner from Meguiers. had a good smell to it. friends complimented on the smell all the time.

after all that, i was digging thru all the crap in my garage and saw that i had a bottle of Mother's car wax. Said "Wet shine look" on the bottle. I decided to use it. and guess the F what. after everything was all said and done, the Finish was night and day compared to the Meguiers crap.

Seriously, my car was shiny as hell. i was like wtf happend? looks like a brand new car. took it to work the next day, and everyone noticed the difference. they were like, damn your car is extra clean today. did you get it detailed? "there goes the guy with the cleanest car in the lot"..

never got that comment when i used the NXT and Gold Class crap. And the funny thing was, the Mothers wax was cheaper too. I am sold on the Mothers Wax.

Last edited by verbal assassin; 05-27-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi verbal! After your recommendation and the recommendations of others here, I tried the Mother's products out myself and I was so stunned with the results of the Mother's California Gold Clay Bar System, that I immediately placed a large bulk order for my customers! In fact, I was on the phone to place another order after I had completed just the hood of the car! lol I have been detailing cars for 30 years and I have never seen products that can produce such an amazing shine as these Mother's products! The shine looks like liquid glass! I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! So I am most definitely carrying Mother's products for my customers! A big thank you to everyone for their responses! Now I can take away even more business from the overpriced retailiers!

Previously I had been using Meguiar's products, which I thought were pretty good, but the Mother's products blow Meguiar's right out of the water! I even compared the detail sprays side by side on my car for shine and the Mother's California Gold Showtime detail spray definitely has a better sparkle to it! It really makes the shine stand out!

I am very excited about these Mother's products. Seems I have found another real winner to add to the product line up!

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic lubricants for 19 years, and now Mother's Car Care Appearance products too!

Originally Posted by verbal assassin
ur in luck man. i have tried both mother's and meguiers products. so far, the waxes from mother's are way better then meguiers. from my personal experiences.

I used meguiers gold class, nxt and meguiers cleaner wax and was not impressed with the gloss from either products. they left my car looking a little oily and had traces of oily residue (mostly when using NXT) which were removable but still did not provide the "wet shine look i was going for.

the only thing I liked were leather conditioner from Meguiers. had a good smell to it. friends complimented on the smell all the time.

after all that, i was digging thru all the crap in my garage and saw that i had a bottle of Mother's car wax. Said "Wet shine look" on the bottle. I decided to use it. and guess the F what. after everything was all said and done, the Finish was night and day compared to the Meguiers crap.

Seriously, my car was shiny as hell. i was like wtf happend? looks like a brand new car. took it to work the next day, and everyone noticed the difference. they were like, damn your car is extra clean today. did you get it detailed? "there goes the guy with the cleanest car in the lot"..

never got that comment when i used the NXT and Gold Class crap. And the funny thing was, the Mothers wax was cheaper too. I am sold on the Mothers Wax.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i totally agree. the shine i got from using mothers wax was unbelievable. especially on a black car. i mean, my car looked glossy as hell, compared to what i got when using NXT and Goldclass.