Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What do you use to wax your G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face What do you use to wax your G?

Hey guys im just trying to feel on what kind of Wax ppl use for their G. I have an OB G35c and im trying to find what is the best wax to use. and is it hard? Well leave some feed back for a girl

Val

Old 12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thuktha22
Hey guys im just trying to feel on what kind of Wax ppl use for their G. I have an OB G35c and im trying to find what is the best wax to use. and is it hard? Well leave some feed back for a girl

Val
You might be a girl, but they will definately flame you for this! haha. Search for it, there is countless threads on it depending how much of a detail you want to do.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Thuktha22

Val
Val,

There's just not a simple answer to your question. Different waxes look different and last for different amounts of time. What you may consider very nice looking might not be seen the same way by another. It's very opinion oriented. Also, other factors come into play like budget and ease of use.

Personally, I'm using Swissvax Concourso on my car. I doubt many other G drivers are using the same wax though. It costs $200+. Most people are not as crazy as I am.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Also where do you want to get your wax, Do you want to get it locally or on the internet. You could try some Meguairs wax that they sell locally like there Gold class wax or Nxt the looks good on the car, It's not even hard to apply the wax either, Just speard the wax in back and fourth motion on the bumpers, hood, roof and trunk and up and down on the side panel. You also don't need to put alot on the car, Just a thin layer.

Last edited by Scrooge; 12-10-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
There also a video on this too, I put it in the media section of car care.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
+1...

To answer your question easily, local auto supply store, Buy Meguires NXT or Gold Class...

Put a thin layer on (not to much at all) and let dry, then wipe off and buff.

Tips:
1) If you think you have not put enough on, you are about to put too much on.

2) Always apply in shade on a cool dry surface.

3) Wipe off one panel at a time concentrating on that one panel before moving on.

4) use a seperate towel to buff than what you used for the initial wipe off of the wax.

4) Spray LIGHTLY with a mist of distilled water or Z-6 / 8 (search, dont ask) and wipe down to seal in the wax.

Your done

Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 AM
4) use a seperate towel to buff than what you used for the initial wipe off of the wax.

4) Spray LIGHTLY with a mist of distilled water or Z-6 / 8 (search, dont ask) and wipe down to seal in the wax.

Your done

I found out if you use two Microfiber. One warmly damped and one dry and after you let the wax haze or sit for sometime. Then you go over the finish with the first damp mircofiber (Which take most of it off) and then with the dry microfiber. It make's getting the job done faster. Without worry about how hard some wax bulid up is to get off.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
First thing to do is to choose between wax or sealant. Wax tends to give deeper gloss (objective, of course), while sealants last longer. Some will do the sealant route and add a layer of wax on top to get the extra deep shine.

I personally use Jeff Werkstatt's Prime Strong and Acrylic Jett Trigger, on my Ivory Pearl. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Questions you'll need to ask yourself are:

1) What type of look am I looking for?
2) Hand or machine application?
3) How much time do I want to put into detailing?
4) Budget?

These will be some good starter questions to answer before anything else can be decided.

-bn

Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM
i use meguires NXT(Any asutoparts store 15 bucks or so) most times i wax when i dont have all day.......when im bored and have all day i use Zaino(Zaino's website i bought the kit for around 70-80 bucks) usually combined with a clay bar(came in the kit from zaino)....

Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it okay to put Meguiars NXT(polymer thing) first and apply another coat of Gold Class?

Or would that be a waste?

Old 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by hyukki
Is it okay to put Meguiars NXT(synthetic polymer) first and apply another coat of Gold Class?

Or would that be a waste?
Sure, Just wait 12-24 hr's between coats.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
A lot of people on here use zaino...i used it a couple weeks ago and found that i hate it. I find nothing special in it at all. Its actually, IMO, one of the worst wax and sealer i have ever used.

I know i am going to take it for this, but i use the nu finish scratch doctor and then follow it up with NXT wax.

I have 110,000 miles on the paint and it still looks brand new, when clean . I have yet to see a black car shine like mine after im done.

-Sean

Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
A lot of people on here use zaino...i used it a couple weeks ago and found that i hate it. I find nothing special in it at all. Its actually, IMO, one of the worst wax and sealer i have ever used.

I know i am going to take it for this, but i use the nu finish scratch doctor and then follow it up with NXT wax.

I have 110,000 miles on the paint and it still looks brand new, when clean . I have yet to see a black car shine like mine after im done.

-Sean
Try a true high% carnuaba on a properly prepped surface(not nu finish SD) and you'll see a real black finish. Its addicting, yet so hard to maintain, which is why I didn't buy a black car.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Try a true high% carnuaba on a properly prepped surface(not nu finish SD) and you'll see a real black finish. Its addicting, yet so hard to maintain, which is why I didn't buy a black car.
Yeah, the only other stuff that i have seen shine more is the p21s - that stuff is amazing, but at 40$ a bottle its to expensive.

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you use to wax your G?