Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

PB Spray and Wipe vs Spray and Gloss?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PB Spray and Wipe vs Spray and Gloss?

I went to DetailedImage to buy some S&W, and I saw the Spray and Gloss. I really have never heard much about this. After reading the details, they sound very similar, maybe that S&W is a little more of a cleaner and S&G is a little more of a QD?

Any body have experience with both products?

Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
I have both and s@w is for cleaning the car when it just a little dirty but it dosent add any gloss.The s@g is just a qd.I still use the s@w but do not use the qd anymore as it streaked on my car.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I went to DetailedImage to buy some S&W, and I saw the Spray and Gloss. I really have never heard much about this. After reading the details, they sound very similar, maybe that S&W is a little more of a cleaner and S&G is a little more of a QD?

Any body have experience with both products?
Here's my take on the two products, superchargedg basically covered it already but Spray & Wipe is a perfect product for removing a light dusting, cleaning up emergency situations like bird droppings, or as a waterless wash for light contamination clean ups. This product offers no gloss or no protection. Poorboy's Spray & Gloss has no cleaning characteristics to it, but it will add some depth and gloss to the paint. This is a nice product to use after a wash or to bring before a car show, etc. I haven't had any experience with this product streaking much. I apply it using a 4oz pump spray bottle, which is a lot more effective than using the trigger that comes with the 16oz size. I mist a pump or two on a plush microfiber towel and wipe it onto the paint, then follow up with a clean dry plush towel to remove it.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

George @ Detailed Image

Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you both so much...that answers my question perfectly.

I am currently in love with Z6 and Z8...so as I thought they would be the same as S&G. I'm going to try out some S&W for those in-between washes wipe downs.