Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino + PC kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino + PC kit

Are these two kits all I need to keep my car pristine and swirl/scratch free?
Zaino Kit
Poorboy PC Kit

I did a lot of searches on this forum, please tell me if I'm missing anything or if any of the steps are out of order:

1) wash car w/ dawn
2) clay the car
3) wash w/ Zaino Z7
4) use PC kit to remove scratches/swirls
5) apply Zaino Z6, then Z5
6) repeat previous step
7) apply Z6, then Z2

Also, once I do this, what should I do to maintain the car between total detailing (I assume done every 2-3 months)? Just hand wash w/ Z7 and apply Z6 every other week? Is the Zaino clear coat seal worth getting as well? TIA!

Which one is the best kit?
PC Kits

Last edited by kpfury; 08-14-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
you apply zaino by hand or with the portercable?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
By hand, a little goes a long way.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by kpfury
I did a lot of searches on this forum, please tell me if I'm missing anything or if any of the steps are out of order:

1) wash car w/ dawn
2) clay the car
3) wash w/ Zaino Z7
6) repeat previous step
7) apply Z6, then Z2

Also, once I do this, what should I do to maintain the car between total detailing (I assume done every 2-3 months)? Just hand wash w/ Z7 and apply Z6 every other week? Is the Zaino clear coat seal worth getting as well? TIA!
Choice of Polish: Z2pro or z5pro depends on the color of your car. Z2 makes silver (metallic) or other light colors pop, Z5 deepens the color. I have LP and experimented with Z5 and it's not good on silver. I don't think you want to use both, pick z2 for light colors, z5 for dark.

Dawn is to strip wax. I've never used it but hear it's fine. Claybars will amaze you if you have never used one, your paint will go from bumpy to super slick. Then wash and dry. I put Z2 pro on my paint with Zfx. It makes the polish cure quicker so I could put three coats on in 2 hours. Z6 between coats, then hit with z-cs. I like the clear shield. It's easy to put on and seems to add gloss.

I only use Z2, Z-SC and Z6. What I love about Zaino is how it wipes off easily with no white residue. I love Zaino.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
what about if i want to remove a few small swirls and fine scratches permanently? I heard the Zaino only hides them, but doesnt remove them for good. I dont know if it's worth investing in a PC, or to just go w/ the Menzerna Final Polish, then use zaino on top of that...

Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you actually HAVE swirls? If not, I'd just use Z2.

And Z8 is supposed to be better than Z6 - it's more expensive, but I use it after every wash and it works great.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i have read the instructions but just wondering how you guys all use your claybars. (im a noob and have only used it once on a small area) do you apply no pressure and just slide it back and forth w/ the lubricant? also should the bar be really slippery or grabbing at all? how many passes do you normally do to one area?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
i actually have a few small swirls, and a couple very fine scratches. Any place i can pick up the menzerna final polish II locally in New York?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Thanks for the PM. We do have some packages that include things from head to toe. One is our All the Detailing Essentials, which is a great start to anyone who is looking to get into higher quality detailing. It includes everything you'd need to wash, clay, polish, including the Porter Cable 7424, and sealant and wax. Interior wise it cleans and protects most surfaces. Wheel and tire care is accounted for as well as glass and microfiber. This is the ideal, bang for the buck kit.

If you're looking to step up to higher end results, consider our Advanced Complete Detailing Kit. This upgrades the PC to the more powerful Flex buffer. Utilizes better polishes and a higher end sealant and wax combo. It also utilizes the Leatherique products, which is some of the best leather care products available.

I'd use these as a starting point to plan out your purchase. If you'd like any suggestions or have any questions on any products or about starting detailing, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

George
George took good care of me. He answered all of my questions. I am going to go with the advanced kit but read and pick what you want.

Here is info on the advanced kit: http://www.detailedimage.com/blog/pa...detailing-kit/

Here is info on the essential kit: http://www.detailedimage.com/blog/pa...tials-package/

Reading his site helped me alot also. Good luck man!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Do you actually HAVE swirls? If not, I'd just use Z2.

And Z8 is supposed to be better than Z6 - it's more expensive, but I use it after every wash and it works great.
Z8 does give it that extra bam. I love it!

Old 08-15-2008, 05:38 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
keep in mind, Zaino Z2 & Z5 are polymer sealants and are non-abbrasive. They do not "polish" anything. Z5 is designed to fill and hide swirls but will never remove them.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Are these two kits all I need to keep my car pristine and swirl/scratch free?
Zaino Kit
Poorboy PC Kit

1) wash car w/ dawn
2) clay the car
3) wash w/ Zaino Z7
6) repeat previous step
7) apply Z6, then Z2

Which one is the best kit?
PC Kits
Those two kits would be a great start to keeping the paint condition of your G in great shape. The only thing missing from those two kits that you should definitely have is clay bar. When doing a full detail, you should claybar your paint after washing/drying to remove any additional surface contamination.

Zaino's Z2/Z5 sealants will provide protection for 4-6 months, so you won't need to re-seal every 2-3 months like you mentioned above. If you are using the Natty's Blue Paste wax over the sealant, that will provide protection for only 4-6 weeks. I'd recommend you apply your Natty's Blue every month.

Also, before you purchase any of your detailing supplies, I would highly recommend you look at www.detailedimage.com. George is a fantastic guy to deal with and he gives a 10% discount to all G35Driver members.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by mishmosh
You can apply Zaino either by hand or with your PC......it's just personal preference. Using a PC to apply your sealant might use a little more product, but it provides more uniform coverage than doing it by hand.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Traveling Administrator
what about if i want to remove a few small swirls and fine scratches permanently? I heard the Zaino only hides them, but doesnt remove them for good. I dont know if it's worth investing in a PC, or to just go w/ the Menzerna Final Polish, then use zaino on top of that...
That's correct, Zaino Z2/Z5 are polymer based sealants and NOT polishes. I wouldn't waste my time and money purchasing Z5 to try and hide swirls and light scratches. If you are looking at removing swirls and scratches permanently and want good results, you'll definitely need a PC. Btw, Menzerna polishes are top notch.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by elayman
i have read the instructions but just wondering how you guys all use your claybars. (im a noob and have only used it once on a small area) do you apply no pressure and just slide it back and forth w/ the lubricant? also should the bar be really slippery or grabbing at all? how many passes do you normally do to one area?
Yes, use lots of lubricant and virtually no pressure. It should be really slippery and not binding up. If it is you'll have to redo the area after applying more lubricant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino + PC kit