Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Meguiars nxt SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiars nxt SUCKS!

Yeah guys I'm back!!!

I tried stripping the car down, clay bar, ext. I thought 'what the hell' and tried the new NXT tech wax. It goes on great, looks great, and the cost is cheap compaired to others. A week of rain later..... Its gone. I tried using the booster, it looked great again, for about 3 days. I thought I chould boost it again, NOPE!!! Looked like $hit!!! So I sripped her down again (2 weeks) from the first time, and it wasn't as good. I boosted again, okay at best.

So I started all over with Zanio. I'll never leave Zanio again!!! oh and Z5 is a hell or a lot better at hinding swirels!

My Zanio job lasted from Feburay it now. Meguiars about a 2 weeks.

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 05-29-2004, 07:38 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Meguiars nxt SUCKS!

It's been discussed in the past that NXT while it shines great, its durability sucks big time. I used NXT couple of times and liked the shine and how easiness of how this thing goes on the car. But in terms of durability, Zaino is a winner hands down. I'd say use NXT if you want to show and shine at a meet and don't have the time to go through the whole Zaino process - something quick with decent results.

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

Old 05-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

WRAH..........Good to see ya back!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip on the NXT wax.....I think I'll pass.....
I did try the Klasse wax...it worked very well but it doesn't seem to last long enough for me.......

anyway. got any tips on changing out the clear corners? LOL
Dennis

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 05-31-2004, 08:33 AM

Check out a product called RejeX by a company called CorrosionX http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html. It has a better shine as compared to Zymol (I have not tried Zaino but Zymol is top rated by CR) and lasts a long time; I had good beading even after 4 months.

G35S AT / Ivory Pearl and Black

Old 05-31-2004, 10:16 PM

I agree... NXT does suck.. It looks good after you put it on but DOES NOT last.
I am trying DULON now, seems to work better than Zaino.
Zaino is awesome but to time consuming...

Old 06-01-2004, 08:41 AM

I have 2 coats of NXT on my black G35 Sedan and am still not that impressed (and the 2nd coat was put on with an orbital buffer). I still have a lot of swirl marks (especially on the hood and roof). I know Zaino is the best, but I just don't have the time for it. I was thinking of trying Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba wax next. I've read a lot of good things about this carnuba wax; it's only $10 more than the Meguiars NXT. Does anyone have any experience with the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba wax and if so, how will it do with my black G35? Thanks.

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/01/04 06:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>