Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

IP, BS, and DP owners wax of choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IP, BS, and DP owners wax of choice?

The guys with black G's are constantly talking about which product seems to work best on their cars...Since we have less problems with swirl marks our main goal is getting some reflection out of our lighter colors. Which products have you tried and what would you suggest worked best..Please list your car color also. Thanks guys

Old 07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Re: IP, BS, and DP owners wax of choice?

I used the Meguiars NXT synthetic wax on our Liq. Copper Infiniti FX35 and it worked well, but I've heard it doesn't last that long; some say, you need to reapply another coat every 6-8 weeks or so. The NXT did not work well on my black G35, but it seems very effective for lighter colored cars, especially those with the metallic paints. I bet the Klasse AIO would also work very well on lighter colored cars too, and that's supposed to last 6 mo. For my G35, I now use the Klasse AIO/Pinancle Liq. Souveran combo.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-07-2004, 03:17 PM

I have an IP and this weekend I tried out "AutoGlyme" extra gloss wax and it came out great! Also heard it lasts up to 6 months since it's mix of both carunaba/polymer.

Old 07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I use Klasse all in one as my cleaner/polish. I follow up with a coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze, and after 24 hrs for it to cure, I apply a couple coats of P21S carnauba wax......it really tops off the acrylic protection of Klasse, and brings out the real "wet" look of the carnauba wax.....

So far this combination has worked out really well, since I do not garage my poor G. I usually follow each wash with a coat of detail spray to add to the protection.....

The P21S wax has to be the easiest wax I have ever used......goes on like butter, and wipes right off with not a bit of residue......

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 07-08-2004, 12:25 AM

Well, they are a sponsor of mine and their products are great. They mainly target sales at professional detailers, but you can buy thru their website.

Don't the price fool you.. this stuff is awesome. Why pay $10 for a can of wax, when you can get 1/2 gallon for $26 wholesale. Their product never seperates either!

ProWax Product website

I'm gonna be waxing/buffing/polishing my G tomorrow afternoon if anybody is in Rowland and wants to stop by....PM me. they can try any of ProWaxs stuff, I've got most in the garage.

Cheers, ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-08-2004, 01:45 AM

I have a DP and use zaino. Works well no complaints!

Old 07-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I use the meguiars 3 step and it works awesome. believe it or not, we have just as many swirl marks on our cars as do the darker cars. I am going to try getting one of the electric buffer oscilating things and try that process with the meguiars wax.

I've Got A New Suprise for August.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:08 PM

I personally used Griots Garage Products a couple of days after I bought my G...I felt like they worked great but I have no prior wax applications to really compare the results too...I don't want an incredibly long process for a large price...Unless the product is really that much better then other wax applications...Then I'd spend whatever to protect my G..

Old 07-09-2004, 12:00 AM

anyone got some really good pics of zaino on IP?

Old 07-09-2004, 03:23 AM

I use Coloroux- it's a liqoud that you just rub on- wait 10 seconds then rub off- The G looks brand new after your done w/ the car... I have a DP

2003 G35 auto, prem kit, aero kit, navi kit

Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 PM

Here's one you seldom see mentioned any more. For lighter color cars I like Rain Dance paste. Kinda hard to find nowadays. I get it at a small, local independent car parts store (owner says he keeps a can or two in stock "for old guys like you..."). It does a good job of removing bugs, tar, etc. Good shine (but admitedly not quite as brilliant as some of the newer synthetics) and is the longest lasting wax available in my experience. Downsides are it requires a fair amount of elbow grase to buff off. And it's darn near impossible to get the lite blue residue out of the depressions where the paint is chipped. So, a good choice for my DG coupe (or most light white/silver/blue paint). But not a good choice for darker colors.

PS - I vote with the person who mentioned the Mequir 3-step for darker cars. A pain it the tookus to do, even with an orbital buffer. But no better way to get black paint looking like glass...

Old 07-12-2004, 10:04 AM

I also uss AutoGlyme. Easy to apply.

(I thought I was the only one that used AutoGlyme. Nice to know someone else does too.)

Old 07-13-2004, 01:25 PM

I've got DP and use BlackFire paint polish followed by the BlackFire paint sealant. Looks fantastic and is easy to apply and buff off.

Note: if needed be sure to clay bar before waxing. Nothing like the smooth silky feeling of freshly clay barred and waxed paint

2003.5 G35S/DesertPlatinum/Premium/SportTuned/Willow