Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Does Infiniti dry our cars with brilo pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Infiniti dry our cars with brilo pads?

I recently had some work done on my G. I brought it to Ramsey Infiniti and dealt with Mario who is extremely helpful and a very nice guy. I recommend anyone that goes to Ramsey deal with him. He has never ever tried to give me a BS explination for anything (so-far). This is not his fault but I will be talking to him on Monday about this issue. They washed my car. I always tell Infiniti to not wash my car and they never have. I have had my G for two years, no swirls what-so-ever. It sits in the garage, dosen't see rain / snow ever. So after I go to pick my car up (after hours) I bring it home and pull it into the garage. It was cloudy out so the lighting was diffused. As soon as I shut the garage door the garage spot light went on and like a calling I can see scratches everywhere in the paint! SWIRLS GALOR! It looks terrible! Maybe I'm just **** but when I took a closer look I can see these scratches are not even natural swirls. They went every which way, front, back, left, right, they went in circular motions and crossed eathother all over the place. This is not cool. Every 6 months I have compounded and used Meguires Swirl remover on my car to keep the scratches off. My paint (before Friday) looked brand new. It was in better condition than the show room car. What should I do? Should I bring the issue up with them or should I just fix it myself. It's just not fair, I had the deepest shine on my car and now there are all of these scratches, especially in the hood, the hood looks TERRIBLE.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Does Infiniti dry our cars with brilo pads?

I used to love Ramsey Infiniti, but now I'm having some issues with them. They've been giving me the run around on a problem with my car since July. Now its getting ridiculous. They have one more chance before I contact the regional service manager.

---------------------------------

Old 09-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked at a dealership before. You wouldn't believe the kind of crap they use to detail cars. We had some very powerful degreaser stuff that we bought in bulk. Sometimes it was used to wash cars. Needless to say, it probably stripped the wax off of a lot of cars and probably damaged the paint. Dealerships just don't care about your car, period. That's why I quit after 2 weeks.

The guy probably picked up any dirty old rag to wipe your car.

I try to avoid the dealership like the plague.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Premier Member

Man Joey that sucks... Afro what's wrong with your car?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

My car chokes under hard acceleration. It's like the rev limiter was set to 3,500k. The car will just hesitate 3-4 times at that range before it finally breaks through. Happens in all gears. I have a bunch of non-performance mods done to my car, including a double-din 5.1 audio system. Mario gave me some crap about it saying if my audio upgrades caused the problem, then my warranty would be void. I didn't appreciate that too much. When has a car radio ever caused the engine to stutter? Long story short, they made me take out all my mods before they work on my car again, including remote start and high security alarm system.

Old 09-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Premier Member

This can go both ways... remote starter? My friend had that on his Acura RSX and he took it off because it was giving him electrical issues. Maybe that has somthing to do with it? I dunno... did you take them all off?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

I had all that stuff in the car for a year and a half without any problems. The sound system was in the car for three months prior to the first incident with this problem. It has nothing to do with the mods, since I removed all of them, the car is back to bone stock, they put in a brand new ECU and the problem is still persistent, and continues to get worse.

Back to your original question, fix the car yourself. Never trust the detailing services of a car dealership. Maybe try to get them to reimburse you after you take it to your own private detailer.

Old 09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Puff...their blowing smoke up your butt......I have never in all my years of car ownership ever heard anything like a radio causing a misfire in the motor......just plain stupid IMO
The alarm system, on the other hand, if it has any starter interupt, may be causing the misfiring at the rpm....but I doubt that as well.....

Just seems the dealers are really trying to skirt alot of warranty issues.....

I want them to tell me my fogs/ clear corners caused my premature window failure............yeah right!

04 cpe JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 09-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Premier Member

Afro I hope you resolve the problem. I just took my car outside to look at the swirls/scratches under the sunlight. Man is it terrible. I also found interior damage. There are scratches on my silver door handes (inside) not the ones that open the door, the ones you use to close the door. And the guy who worked on my car didn't put the panels all of the way back on... There were greese spots everywhere... are they kidding me? This better be a joke! There is also a gauge from where the guy used a screwdrive to pry one of the panels off. He definatly did not use a towel.

Afro what town do you live in?

Thanks - Joey Avino
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by malx on 09/19/04 07:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

New Milford... walking distance from Park Ave Infiniti. I used to go there, but they f'd my car up worse than what Ramsey did to your car. Therefore, I switched over to Ramsey. They treated me and my car with great respect, which is why I loved them. Night and day difference between the experience with Park Ave. I just wish Joyce (the receptionist I think) was a tad nicer. She also needs to quit smoking. Quite a rude awakening first thing in the morning.

NJ gets no love from proper service centers. I hear Lynnes is just as bad.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Premier Member

I got my car from Park Ave in Englewood. I know where New Milford is... I have a friend that lives on Knoll Road, off of Ryeside. Anyway... We should meet up once I get my new parts. I'm installing new rotors, stillen sway bars, 2 new rear tires, and Tein H-Tech springs. Any experience with these? I could use an extra hand. Lunch is on me... I can cook [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] hehe.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

Love to help, but I'm clueless about those things. I can change my oil... LOL! That's about it. If you want, i can read the instructions, while you do all the work.

Old 09-20-2004, 01:35 AM

I took to the dealer for the first oil change....waited for it to be done. I didn't even know they washed it until I went outside. I went home and noticed several parallel scratches across the hood...couldn't figure out what I'd done.

when i went back in to pick up some license plate frames, I watched them wash someone's car.....it looked like they were using a giant broom. Made me want to puke.

never again....

Keith G

Old 09-20-2004, 05:44 AM

malx, Your making me afraid to bring my car into service when it's time [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to hear about your car, I finally just picked mine up from ramsey thursday.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Premier Member

Just tell them not to wash it. It's 8AM right now. I'm on my way down to Infiniti to talk to them. They also need to replace the center console that dosen't close.

Thanks - Joey Avino

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Infiniti dry our cars with brilo pads?